Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AntifoulAwl

Keeping aircraft.

6 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

How would it be if surviving aircraft squadrons from carriers were retained after battle and had some type of experience added? The more damage they inflict, the more experience they gain.

That way aircrews could gain news skills, thus enhancing carrier power.There could be a graduation of aircrew skills, starting from rookie going to elite, with each step gaining the aircrew/aircraft better attributes.

Carrier owners could micromanage their planes, just like the ships and Commanders can be upgraded.

Once the planes are shot down, they die and you must start all over again. No reincarnation here folks.

Just a thought.

Beta Tester
26 posts
52 battles

Reminds me of some other RTS game.

But heck yeah, I'm interested if this is implemented in any way possible.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Speaking of aircraft, this reminds me. Why not allow aircraft belonging to sunken carriers be transferrable to allied carriers?

In real life, planes wouldn't simply just spin around in circles forever and ever until they get shot down, like in the game. Once your carrier gets destroyed, you lose control over all your planes, and they end up spinning around doing nothing, which seems really illogical and unrealistic to me.

Realistically, a plane won't simply just get confused and have no idea what to do if they can't get contact with the control tower of the carrier they're assigned to; they would continue their mission, and if they survive they'd search for friendly carriers to land on.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Though at higher tiers, your aircraft won't last 1-2 battles at best, unless the enemy has zero AA guns.

But when they do live, they become stronger.

Beta Tester
37 posts
17 battles

this idea sounds very familiar, I am actually thinking that the commander gets more crew, such as gunnery propulsion etc (bit like wot) your aircrews could have survival which would come from experience which makes them more resistant to AA. Considering the extreme amount of AA at end game it would be hard. But this would stop the send and forget mentality and help balance CV's and make them worthwhile playing, you would have to choice between getting better planes over time to just going out for the derp run

Edited by DarkAngelus

Sign in to follow this