You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

what happened to WOWs?

35 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

so recently I've started playing wows again after being AFK for about 4 or 5 months, and it really just surprises me how bad the player base has become. im not sure why the further this game progresses I find that the players get worse. according to my ancient memory, the most enjoyable and fun times I've had in this game was back during OBT and the first few patches, this might just be me being nostalgic but it seems to me that the game was much better at the time. the gaming environment was friendly, the gameplay was more invigorating and dynamic (cuz no one knew how to play anyways so everything felt new) and overall players tried to PTFO and to better themselves.

nowadays what I see are players being very selfish, the gaming environment extremely toxic and gameplay stale and boring even with all the more variety added to the game from those days like the many tech trees,  radar or even the map pool.

thoughts on why the game is stagnating?

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
4 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

so recently I've started playing wows again after being AFK for about 4 or 5 months, and it really just surprises me how bad the player base has become. im not sure why the further this game progresses I find that the players get worse. according to my ancient memory, the most enjoyable and fun times I've had in this game was back during OBT and the first few patches, this might just be me being nostalgic but it seems to me that the game was much better at the time. the gaming environment was friendly, the gameplay was more invigorating and dynamic (cuz no one knew how to play anyways so everything felt new) and overall players tried to PTFO and to better themselves.

nowadays what I see are players being very selfish, the gaming environment extremely toxic and gameplay stale and boring even with all the more variety added to the game from those days like the many tech trees,  radar or even the map pool.

Its not your imagination. Most good players are standing down due to BOTS ...

Most notorious are grinding bots at high tiers ( VIII - X ). And the majority of bots runners are thought to be from Chinese players immigrating from China server ( the 0.7.2 crisis ).

Anyway , welcome back detonation chief.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
5 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

I am sure VOR,SGC and such elite clans will dissolve after years if WG still not doing anything against bots and AFKs

my clan already did and we were pretty "elite"

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
1 minute ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Yep I'll try to send applications to VOR after few years(Well,I may quit already at that time LOL)

TBH VOR is basically the end all of most unicum clans cuz they keep absorbing other members of defunct clans,  the reason so many unicums clans are going out of commission is that they don't want to take new members who are not at their standards and so new blood comes in, while their original members keep getting frustrated with the game and AFKing leaving them crippled, eventually it comes to a time where there isn't enough members to sustain the clan and the original members move on. VOR has the same problem with losing members but they also get a lot of applications so their clan strength is kept high

991 posts
7,403 battles
33 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

so recently I've started playing wows again after being AFK for about 4 or 5 months, and it really just surprises me how bad the player base has become.

I don't think there has been a big change.

534 posts
5 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

TBH VOR is basically the end all of most unicum clans cuz they keep absorbing other members of defunct clans,  the reason so many unicums clans are going out of commission is that they don't want to take new members who are not at their standards and so new blood comes in, while their original members keep getting frustrated with the game and AFKing leaving them crippled, eventually it comes to a time where there isn't enough members to sustain the clan and the original members move on. VOR has the same problem with losing members but they also get a lot of applications so their clan strength is kept high

Thought VOR would lose members fast just like Akatsuki

159 posts
5,676 battles

Welcome back! i hope its not just to reclaim your lead on the deto-meter http://deto.bunnyxt.com/index.php :Smile_teethhappy:

Definitely the biggest change is there are way more bots, I think the salt levels are pretty much the same though. Things are still pretty geared towards selfish play which encourages rages, and just doing things which are unsporting. I feel like I'm seeing a lot more players in high tiers deliberately hug the border, especially in spam boats like worcester.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
46 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

Welcome back! i hope its not just to reclaim your lead on the deto-meter http://deto.bunnyxt.com/index.php :Smile_teethhappy:

Definitely the biggest change is there are way more bots, I think the salt levels are pretty much the same though. Things are still pretty geared towards selfish play which encourages rages, and just doing things which are unsporting. I feel like I'm seeing a lot more players in high tiers deliberately hug the border, especially in spam boats like worcester.

image.thumb.png.d77957ed27f4efc4a3b41e21004f4d11.png

image.png.0e512b571d9c1195894cfacf1bc13a93.png

oh boi

1,329 posts
8,812 battles

A lot of things. Bots, over-proliferation of radar, increasingly stagnant gameplay, players getting burnt out with the constant tier 10 focus. Veterans getting frustrated with the poor quality of players and leaving...

302 posts
4,053 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

A lot of things. Bots, over-proliferation of radar, increasingly stagnant gameplay, players getting burnt out with the constant tier 10 focus. Veterans getting frustrated with the poor quality of players and leaving...

So how to fix that? Maybe WG should remove co-op battle? I mean I still don't understand by the way. Why WoWS players quality are worsen?

243 posts
345 battles
6 hours ago, drakon233 said:

nowadays what I see are players being very selfish, the gaming environment extremely toxic

You havent seen WoT asian community havent you? shhh its more toxic 

But i agree with your opinion, people just care about damage not maps or teammates or maybe even the situation around.

114 posts
2,617 battles

Left for almost a year because too fed up with ppl bluelining. Came back and now it's (mostly) gone. So I guess it's better at least in that regard.

Edited by zergling_

[151ST]
1,008 posts
4,494 battles

Welcome back mate.

If you get annoyed at the playerbase just go play something else for a bit.

I do it all the time, I go and jump on StarCraft 2 for an hour or so and then come back fresh.

1,105 posts

what to expect in WoWs :

1. British DD, Weckt radar sheeps

2. new CV rework, wreck AA sheeps

3. Hydro indirect Buff.... we got submarine next

its actually nice to see WG attempt to make game more dinamyc. the only thing that make me worried is bot, especially on CV. 

if you see nickname like "warbunder, WT_isbatter or ploy_WT" (not actual IGN) then ITS MUST BE BOT.

WT is attempt to ruin WG by this pesky method......

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

I kind of expected this game will become like it's current state when it was still in OBT, but what I did not expect is how fast it arrived.

because similar issues had been happened with WoT when I quit it 3.5 years ago, (and surprisingly both games are arguing similar things too)

and back then I had decided 'lets enjoy this game until it become like WoT'.

welcome back btw, detonation still exists. (when your HP is low only).

Edited by spixys

340 posts
7,039 battles
21 hours ago, drakon233 said:

Well basically WG decided that mass radar spam was the way forward and they have killed the game. Pretty much that simple. DD players dont play DD anymore. HE spamming CA's are everywhere and every second one of them has radar now. It's almost impossible to play DD effectively so your team doesnt get the spotting like before and BB's decided to stay at 20km plus range to avoid all the HE spam. Viscous circle.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

Well basically WG decided that mass radar spam was the way forward and they have killed the game. Pretty much that simple. DD players dont play DD anymore. HE spamming CA's are everywhere and every second one of them has radar now. It's almost impossible to play DD effectively so your team doesnt get the spotting like before and BB's decided to stay at 20km plus range to avoid all the HE spam. Viscous circle.

im not quite sure what you are talking about, I've been playing DDs for the past few days just fine, all you need to do is to bait out the radar or to reposition

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
34 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

im not quite sure what you are talking about, I've been playing DDs for the past few days just fine, all you need to do is to bait out the radar or to reposition

Baiting is not in everyone's dictionary i suppose.

340 posts
7,039 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

Sure you can bait the radar(and I do do this when I can), but when its a wooster radar lasting for 50?seconds its a bit much. Reposition to where exactly? Moskva radar is 11.7km so it effectively puts out out of the game if you stay out of his and all the other radar ships range. I'm not saying you cant play around radar, only saying its another reason why the game isnt what it was. All the major streamers agree that something needs to be done about radar.

1,329 posts
8,812 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

Hence leading to stagnant gameplay.

Sure you can bait out the radar, but that means you are not going to be able to contest the cap for a couple of minutes while you wait out the radar and/or reposition. And if you are unlucky enough to have 2-3 enemy radar ships on your flank, it means you will never cap that flank at all. And since contesting caps gives :etc_swear: all in terms of xp or credits if you don't actually get the cap, it not surprising that most DD players will decide to shove off and find something else to do.

Because the DDs are not playing the objective, nobody else wants to push the objective, the BBs will camp, everybody else will camp, and that's where you get stagnant gameplay.