You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FinbarAu

Gallant

5 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,921 battles

Well, the RN DD line is now here and doesnt it look wonderful? I know I am looking forward to grinding the line.....

But does the Gallant fit in?

Gallant well and truely pre-dates the RN DD line and was, to be frank, at the time a mediocre DD for it's Tier. Since then, power creep has not treated it well. Not to mention it's play style doesnt seem to match the rest of the line.

Will we see the Gallant buffed to make it more relevant? Or is it fated to be relegated to being an amusing novelty that takes up a ship slot in your port and is never played?

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

Gallant is a fantastic DD at tier 6. There is absolutely no reason to buff Gallant cause play style might seem to be different.

Deja vu ?

Anyway , the one thing Gallant player might not like is the 5s gun reload and with only 4 guns. You need to pick your fight very carefully. I can understand his frustration,

1,333 posts
8,823 battles
5 hours ago, FinbarAu said:

Will we see the Gallant buffed to make it more relevant? Or is it fated to be relegated to being an amusing novelty that takes up a ship slot in your port and is never played?

Probably the latter.

The Anshan and Loyang never got the deepwater torps the other Pan-Asian DDs have as their gimmick (though Loyang doesn't need them lol).

Plus the Gallant already has the RN gimmick of single-fire torps. WG might buff the guns a little, but I don't see that happening.