Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pete_the_pirate

Locked on sector

5 comments in this topic

29 posts
2,755 battles

This is probably a stupid question, but what key do you use to get out of 'Locked on sector'? Had this come up only 2 or 3 times and I have no idea what key I must have accidentally hit to get locked onto a sector. Recent game a number of enemy ships were near or rapidly approaching and I was also being harassed by torpedo bombers and suddenly I got 'Locked on sector' and while I was frantically trying different keys to unlock my guns I got pounded and sunk. The only thing I could find under the controls menu was locking onto a ship with the X key, but that is ships not sectors and I have still been able to move my guns away from a ship that I have locked onto (though it's easier to do if you unlock from that ship first). Got me baffled. I think on one occasion I stumbled on the key but it happens so rarely I can't remember what key it was.

Beta Tester
770 posts
8,629 battles
1 minute ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

This is probably a stupid question, but what key do you use to get out of 'Locked on sector'? Had this come up only 2 or 3 times and I have no idea what key I must have accidentally hit to get locked onto a sector. Recent game a number of enemy ships were near or rapidly approaching and I was also being harassed by torpedo bombers and suddenly I got 'Locked on sector' and while I was frantically trying different keys to unlock my guns I got pounded and sunk. The only thing I could find under the controls menu was locking onto a ship with the X key, but that is ships not sectors and I have still been able to move my guns away from a ship that I have locked onto (though it's easier to do if you unlock from that ship first). Got me baffled. I think on one occasion I stumbled on the key but it happens so rarely I can't remember what key it was.

Is it cntrl-X ?

29 posts
2,755 battles

Shf

2 hours ago, Moldavia said:

Shft-X to lock on sector, Ctrl-X to lock on bearing. Just X to unlock for both.

Thanks for that. With all  the frantic activity, must have accidentally hit Shft-X. Actually I can't really see much point in ever locking onto a sector - seems to just be a bloody nuisance.

354 posts
9,048 battles
4 minutes ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

Shf

Thanks for that. With all  the frantic activity, must have accidentally hit Shft-X. Actually I can't really see much point in ever locking onto a sector - seems to just be a bloody nuisance.

If you want to engage a ship but also need to do some manoeuvring first (torps, island, wasd, etc) you can lock  the guns in that direction and they will try to traverse as the ship moves to maintain their aim. When you're ready to shoot, they'll be pointing in the right direction and you can fire sooner.

Sign in to follow this