Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

How to Bismarck

17 comments in this topic

165 posts
3,634 battles

Hello folks ,

I am struggling with bismarck . Just terrible dispersion . Is that because I am using secondary built or what ? Should I spam He on higher tier ships ? 380mm guns are potatoes I cant even citadel at par tier BBs effectively . What I am doing wrong ? Please help

Thank you

[SALT]
Beta Tester
11 posts
3,607 battles

yes, use HE on higher tier. German bbs are terrible on dispersion it just random, you just need more battles to make you comfortable untill you find your playstyle. maybe 100-150battles will be enough

Nothing wrong with secondary built, i still playing bismark and love it much with AFT and Manual Secondary.

165 posts
3,634 battles
9 minutes ago, Renita_Matrovska said:

Nothing wrong with secondary built, i still playing bismark and love it much with AFT and Manual Secondary.

I am doing just that . btw whats good range to engage with bismarck guns ? 12-14km ?

[SALT]
Beta Tester
11 posts
3,607 battles
40 minutes ago, 30cmtruedamage said:

I am doing just that . btw whats good range to engage with bismarck guns ? 12-14km ?

ya, always in mid range combat. get upgrade concealment and you're good

Beta Tester
770 posts
8,629 battles

Someone's review I read once (maybe a YT review?) said that although you are all but immune to citadels (getting critically hit I mean) you can still take lots of damage from full pens.

Angling to close distance is a must.

Some of my most memorable games in Bismarck (or Tirpitz for that matter) are when you close on the enemy with teammates supporting you.

Sensibly getting into close range with your secondaries blazing is glorious.

Even if you get sunk while leading a charge like that, just remember, Odin buys you a drink in the afterlife for every secondary hit that you land. 

1,105 posts

Bismarck main gun is total crap, what is gud about it is versatility. think like a jack of all trade......

- if you see ally DD try to cap.... get close to it, make sure your secondary range cover the whole circle, so your secondary will phew-phew at DD. BUT DONT CROSS THE ENEMY LINE!

- learn to kite and aggro enemy fire (tanking). if you get targeted by 2~3 and keep floating, then you are doing right. if there is more than 4 aim at you just disengange  and turn back.

- carefuly pick HE or AP to maximize damage..... 

just think anyway to win the game.

[WOWMY]
4 posts
7,188 battles

u need pills of manly "JOKE"

btw bismarck gun was OP , good german engineering btw AKKUREKT is worst but is really stronk when brawl with other ships in same tier 

1,105 posts
20 minutes ago, Waff_Emo_LegenD said:

u need pills of manly "JOKE"

btw bismarck gun was OP , good german engineering btw AKKUREKT is worst but is really stronk when brawl with other ships in same tier 

Riche have the same gun 380mm, but located in front. so need to angling

North Carolina and other USN T8 BB have 406mm and 3x3 gun

Amagi 5x2 410mm

Monarch have super HE

the only Bismarck Friend is Gascogne.

Bismarck main power is its versatility

Edited by Skarhabek

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

My first few (20) Bismarck games were rough. It was using concealment build, which is rewarding only if the guns are good, which isn't the case for Bismarck.

So I switched to full secondary build (aft, msec, ifhe) and completely stopped expecting any return from main guns.

Basically I just did push and pull with enemy team. If they push I kite them keeping them in secondary range, if they turn away, I started pushing again etc.

Btw, don't overextended due to having secondaries. For most cases, it seems like they are doing shit tons of work for you, but reality is quite different. If you ever looked into detailed score tab, you would notice that you might have landed 300+ secondary hits, but the damage isn't even 30k.

Be very careful in a brawl. Secondary guns don't do anything significant at all in cqc if the shells cannot pen the hull, which is usually only DD and light cruisers, so against tougher targets, you need lucky fires, or ifhe to increase penetrations. Also, you need to show a lot of your sides to get them into firing position and you don't want to do that.

1,105 posts
21 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Be very careful in a brawl. Secondary guns don't do anything significant at all in cqc if the shells cannot pen the hull, which is usually only DD and light cruisers, so against tougher targets, you need lucky fires, or ifhe to increase penetrations. Also, you need to show a lot of your sides to get them into firing position and you don't want to do that.

^^

except for Alsace and Republique, french secondary are the real thing!  i must agree, the secondary main damage is fire and nothing else. 

25 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

My first few (20) Bismarck games were rough. It was using concealment build, which is rewarding only if the guns are good, which isn't the case for Bismarck.

So I switched to full secondary build (aft, msec, ifhe) and completely stopped expecting any return from main guns.\

no concealment? its SUICIDE. its ok in T6~T8 battle, but not in T9~T10 when you need to disengange by concealment. i pick AFT and CE for hybrid surprise secondary attack. i dont have 19commander skill so cannt expect to get RDF :V

314 posts
4,081 battles

Yes I know her dispersion is utterly terrible. This means that you should get closer to the enemy maybe around 10 km is enough to wreck your opponents. Terrible dispersion is one of the German battleships traits. So, you should adapt to that. Every ships has their own uniques. While your guns are abysmal, you can invest on AA or secondary build. I've tried this on my Bismarck and it behave quite good. Having concealment expert also a valid option if you prefer stealth gameplay.

3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Also, you need to show a lot of your sides to get them into firing position and you don't want to do that.

Disagree with that. Her secondary guns placement and angle are good enough to bring all of them while you are trying to tank damages.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Disagree with that. Her secondary guns placement and angle are good enough to bring all of them while you are trying to tank damages.

Lol, you may disagree with a "fact", it doesn't change the fact. The angle that lets you use all of your main or secondary guns also allow other battleships to deal heavy damage through your upper belt.

314 posts
4,081 battles
39 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

The angle that lets you use all of your main or secondary guns also allow other battleships to deal heavy damage through your upper belt.

But still, the upper belt can be used to tank damage. If that's a fact then what is even armor angling? what is the point of being a German battleship that implore you to be aggressive but can't even tank damage? Okay let me clear this up. What I mean was that when you are angling, you can still bring almost all of your secondary guns. And I have tried that with my Bismarck. But I was failed to understand your statement "Allow other battleships to deal heavy damage through your upper belt."  If that statement is true, then don't make me confused. I've tried to do that with my BB for hundreds of times and my shells still bounced whenever I tried to aim an upper belt of another angling BB. 

245 posts
347 battles
  1. Light fire the enemy with your secondaries
  2. Brawl, get close and personal
  3. Afraid of getting close? you got Hydroacoustic and secondaries
  4. Dont worry you got turtleback, you are not immune to citadel tho
  5. Use that fast firing gun
  6. 30 knots for a BB? more like a CC....
  7. Enough AA to keep those pesky CV away

And the cons :

1. No torps
  2. 380mm gun for a BB in T8, lol that is small af
  3. Piss poor dispersion
  4. Large superstructure, like the Freddy The Gross
  5. AA not durable

Just remember these things alright mate? :cap_like:

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,610 battles

sadly with how the game it is bismarck suffered too much

either you gonna be HE spam to pieces or being easy xp for T10

tank build gonna last you a little longer, secondary build before you get in range at any ship you are going down

meta have changed and ship like bismarck is very very rough to play now, not all your match gonna be like this but prepare yourself to be disappointed

anyway gudluck and have fun 

Sign in to follow this