You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

Rank Season 11 Idea

20 comments in this topic

423 posts

Here's an idea to help spice up Rank Seasons

For the next Rank season, have bottom to Rank 10 be T8, then from 10-5 T9, and the final Ranks, T10 as normal.

Why this small change?

Going from T8 to T10 keeps out so many people who would otherwise join Rank.

Adding T9 for a few rank levels lets those who have earned T9 to continue.  (But what about grinding lines!)

******Headache******

If a person is able to grind a line using Rank seasons with only 5 levels to do so, they are so bad, that they would get up to Rank 1 anyways just from sheer amount of play time. 

Not playing rank this time because, well, it's boring.  It's T8 and T10 again.  Can we have a change or T9?  If there was T9, then it was all the way back in Season 1 or 2.  I've never seen T9 in rank.  Let's have Rank be a mystery about what Tier is going to be next. 

Let's Make Rank Great Again!

247 posts
5,822 battles
24 minutes ago, FinbarAu said:

Hah ha......no.

\Bring back the Tier 6 Ranked. That was brilliant. No need to worry about the constant radars. DD's become relevant again. You don't just get hammered by the Yamato.

YES!

T6 ranked was great. Good dynamics with just the basics.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,771 battles

T9 balance is pretty awful.  It would still be more interesting than T10 though.  I'd personally prefer T7, it seems to work the best for ranked (T8 is okay too).

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles
3 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I'd personally prefer T7, it seems to work the best for ranked (T8 is okay too).

The last T7 season winner was Weegee as everyone bought T7 premiums.    At was a murderfest of atlantas, belfasts etc.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,771 battles
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The last T7 season winner was Weegee as everyone bought T7 premiums.    At was a murderfest of atlantas, belfasts etc.

Atlanta's and Belfast's are perfectly fine, they are way better to face as a DD captain than Wooster's or Stalingrad's.  I'm sure WG would be very happy to sell more premiums too.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles
4 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Atlanta's and Belfast's are perfectly fine, they are way better to face as a DD captain than Wooster's or Stalingrad's.  I'm sure WG would be very happy to sell more premiums too.

Im not complaining. I own them

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

May be WG should change to, you will requite higher tier ship when reach higher rank, something like

• rank 23-17 tier 6
  • rank 16-12 tier 7
  • rank 11-7 tier 8
  • rank 6-2 tier 9
  • rank 1 tier 10 

So ppl will need more port slot and save they ships for rank, more profit and also good fore newbie

Also tier 7 and 9 have quite among of problematic ship, so i don't think WG will go with those tier again any time soon :cap_hmm:

348 posts
7,084 battles
32 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Easily solved, ban premiums from ranked like it should be anyway. WG is the only game I know that allows premium units in ranked play anyway.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

I'd suggest an amendment based on 'OP' premiums,

25-15 tier 5

15-10 tier 6

10-5 tier 8

5+ tier 10

Tier 7 and 9 have most of the nasty premiums.

Beta Tester
770 posts
8,629 battles
4 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Am I meant to feel dirty that I have  19 point Eerie captain...………………………………………………….

No. You're on my team.

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles

8 hours ago, FinbarAu said:

Hah ha......no.

\Bring back the Tier 6 Ranked. That was brilliant. No need to worry about the constant radars. DD's become relevant again. You don't just get hammered by the Yamato.

You and I remember T6 Ranked VERY differently...

I remember trying to play DD in high ranks which was just BB spam as usual on this server, min 5 BBs per team (Fuso's mainly).

Basically you would reverse into cap and pray their DD was deleted by Fuso AP spam before you were, there is a serious issue with high ranked save star mechanic on this server. Other servers haven't been infected yet but its just BB spam because that's the only reliable way to consistently save your star (xp based mainly on DMG dealt). It's becoming so boring, dull and toxic it's not even funny. Ranks 22-5 aren't so bad.

Until they change the system, or they open up a server transfer service doubt i will be playing ranked again.

PS. Your better off posting on reddit, WG read and respond to people A LOT more there than they do their own forums. Sad i know but its reality.

Edited by KillStealz