You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Quit while you're ahead?

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
754 posts
8,493 battles

Welp, in that case, I'm off to bed. My most kills in a game, ever.

(Sometimes the potatoes are on the other team... yes you just ate a torpedo salvo... no, don't use WASD hack... I'm sure the best response is to continue in a straight line...)

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.09.21 - 04.22.28.04.png

156 posts
4,084 battles

Certainly didn't have anything to do with the fact that you were using a gamebreaking OP ship that effectively monsters the lower to mid tiers. Nope absolutely not. 

Beta Tester
754 posts
8,493 battles
7 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

Certainly didn't have anything to do with the fact that you were using a gamebreaking OP ship that effectively monsters the lower to mid tiers. Nope absolutely not. 

I don't make the rules, buddy. I just play by 'em.

Should I sell it?

But in all seriousness, yeah, sure, sometimes when I load up a T8 and get a potato team and get slain by a Yamato 3 games in a row and then I go back to a T7 ship and get bottom tiered AGAIN and slaughtered by T9 pros many games in a row I need something to keep me enthused...

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
8 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

or we could just congratulate him on a good effort nonetheless.

156 posts
4,084 battles
38 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

or we could just congratulate him on a good effort nonetheless.

Yes I could, but where would be the fun in that.:Smile-_tongue:

1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

I don't make the rules, buddy. I just play by 'em.

Should I sell it?

But in all seriousness, yeah, sure, sometimes when I load up a T8 and get a potato team and get slain by a Yamato 3 games in a row and then I go back to a T7 ship and get bottom tiered AGAIN and slaughtered by T9 pros many games in a row I need something to keep me enthused...

True, getting curb stomped in the higher tiers is definitely annoying and demoralizing, though I still laugh whenever I set fire to a Conqueror in my Zao. 

But try getting that result with a Mitsuki or the Minekaze. The Kamikaze R is still a broken ship, like the Belfast and the Kutuzov, one of those with the right amount of potatoes/bots on both teams and the player can absolutely dominate.

I have no doubt that many players could get a Kraken if everyone else in the game is a bot and at 4 in the morning that's a possibility, considering you said they continued to sail in a straight line after encountering a salvo of torps.

Beta Tester
754 posts
8,493 battles
5 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

Yes I could, but where would be the fun in that.:Smile-_tongue:

True, getting curb stomped in the higher tiers is definitely annoying and demoralizing, though I still laugh whenever I set fire to a Conqueror in my Zao. 

But try getting that result with a Mitsuki or the Minekaze. The Kamikaze R is still a broken ship, like the Belfast and the Kutuzov, one of those with the right amount of potatoes/bots on both teams and the player can absolutely dominate.

I have no doubt that many players could get a Kraken if everyone else in the game is a bot and at 4 in the morning that's a possibility, considering you said they continued to sail in a straight line after encountering a salvo of torps.

Thanks for explaining for I did not know any of this.

I am grateful for your chastisement and correction.

I'm certainly a better and wiser person for your observations.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
10 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

so......

image.png

Edited by drakon233

156 posts
4,084 battles
18 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Thanks for explaining for I did not know any of this.

I am grateful for your chastisement and correction.

I'm certainly a better and wiser person for your observations.

Your sarcasm is duly noted. Thank you for accepting the services of Bait4You.

Also well done on killing half the enemy team.

Beta Tester
754 posts
8,493 battles
1 minute ago, darkflame88 said:

Your sarcasm is duly noted. Thank you for accepting the services of Bait4You.

Also well done on killing half the enemy team.

LOL!

Yeah it was one of those rare 14 players a side game.

You don't see them that often any more.

156 posts
4,084 battles
5 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

image.png.e28e3b923c263b7ff1a048f379103531.pngimage.png.e52e43b1b10493df90d9fa5d4d04dbbc.png

so......

Yep, as I said, monsters the lower to mid tiers. I don't mind if people play Belfast, Kamikaze R or even Kutuzov, they own them and they have a right to play them. But getting 5, 6, 7, or even 8 kills is considerably easier than the non gamebreaking ships.

I'd imagine it would also very easy to TK your entire team with a Kitakami, it's just that WG won't let people test that theory out anymore.

Edited by darkflame88

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
Just now, darkflame88 said:

Yep, as I said, monsters the lower to mid tiers. I don't mind if people play Belfast, Kamikaze R or even Kutuzov, they own them and they have a right to play them. But getting 5, 6, 7, or even 8 kills is considerably easier than the non gamebreaking ships.

I'd imagine it would also very easy to kill your entire team with a Kitakami, it's just the WG won't let people test that theory out anymore.

to be honest, it used to be much more easy to get monster kills when people still had no idea how to play the game in low/mid tiers, now the middle tiers are flushed with fishing teams, seal clubbers and nubs

(and don't worry about meeting me in a Belfast or MK, I sold them both)

156 posts
4,084 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

to be honest, it used to be much more easy to get monster kills when people still had no idea how to play the game in low/mid tiers, now the middle tiers are flushed with fishing teams, seal clubbers and nubs

Eh, the scariest ship I have to worry about at the moment would be the Bourgogne. One was in a match on the enemy team where it did actually break the game, by firing an entire HE broadside straight through a mountain range. I detonated and then the entire game crashed.

So, fun times.:cap_haloween:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
30 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

Eh, the scariest ship I have to worry about at the moment would be the Bourgogne. One was in a match on the enemy team where it did actually break the game, by firing an entire HE broadside straight through a mountain range. I detonated and then the entire game crashed.

So, fun times.:cap_haloween:

and here I thought that detonations were everyday occurrences 

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
9 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

Bbbut my Mutsuki WTR is almost double of my Kamikaze wtr... I must be a really bad kamikaze player...

notlikethis2.JPG.2f91d1bc923766812eb03a2a272ae0e6.JPG

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
8 hours ago, drakon233 said:

Sell your Nikolai and Gremy to me.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
754 posts
8,493 battles
6 hours ago, Lone_Raven said:

I have only one question. Why were you playing WoWs at 4 in the morning?!?!

I have no circadian rhythm. Sometimes I'm awake for 24 hours at a time.