You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
voidlotus

WoW Default Vs WoW Steam

9 comments in this topic

2 posts
441 battles

I've been playing world of warship via Wargamming.net (default) before, then I decide to play again via Steam.

The problem is, I can't import/link my old account with steam. I play on the same server as the old one (Asia).  They should have the same server, the difference is the client.

Is there any solution? Thanks in advance.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
13 minutes ago, voidlotus said:

I've been playing world of warship via Wargamming.net (default) before, then I decide to play again via Steam.

The problem is, I can't import/link my old account with steam. I play on the same server as the old one (Asia).  They should have the same server, the difference is the client.

Is there any solution? Thanks in advance.

Nope , steam id cannot be linked to WG id , they exist as seperate entity. So my advice : stick with WGC however shitty that is.

2,221 posts
13,691 battles
55 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

THIS was my question on a different thread.

Thanks for answering.

Didn't you like my answer? I told you the same info.

Beta Tester
732 posts
8,463 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

Didn't you like my answer? I told you the same info.

Well sort of... but whether or not you can copy files isn't EXACTLY the same as if you can use same account... 

2,221 posts
13,691 battles
8 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Well sort of... but whether or not you can copy files isn't EXACTLY the same as if you can use same account... 

FYI once installed you need to remove/rename steam_api.dll in the World of Warships folder to use your existing account (otherwise you will need a new profile, you can't transfer the account)

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

I remember there is a way that help you use WG ID to login into Steam version.

But you can't buy stuff on Steam since it will send to your Steam account not WG. :cap_hmm: