You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheAmazingPenguin

Supercontainer nerfed... again?

19 comments in this topic

9 posts
2,262 battles

Hi all.

Have they recently nerfed the contents of the Supercontainer again? It seems after the recent TX giveaways the contents are very lackluster. I remember getting 14 days of premium and 100 camos with some opens (individually) and now am looking at 7 days and 50 camos instead.

I also watched Flamu's opening recently and while I dont go too much on him (but respect his ability) he was very disappointed with the contents too.

"Make SC great again"

I used to get so excited when I finally got one and now I prepare to be disappointed and still leave feeling a bit cheated. Yes, they're free, but theyre supposed to be the be the king of rewards.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
40 minutes ago, TheAmazingPenguin said:

I used to get so excited when I finally got one and now I prepare to be disappointed and still leave feeling a bit cheated. Yes, they're free, but theyre supposed to be the be the king of rewards.

Same sentiment here

13 posts
1,491 battles

Could it be a spout of bad luck for the time being. I wasn't able to get the Tier X supercontainers because no T10s but all of my supercontainers before then contained good contents, namely 30 days premium and 100 camos... 

357 posts
3,693 battles

If wg nerf sc they won't say it right? I would say that you only have 0.1% to get a free ship. Another 85% to get useless upgrades and flags. 10% to get 1000 free doubloons and 7 days premium time. Another 4.99% to get 50000 free xp, 20m credits, 30 days premium time.

But in order to have all the above you need to get a sc first right? And i think the drop rate for sc is only 2-3 % which i and many of us here not getting for months. My last sc was like about 4 month ago. 

Nowadays i see people are getting more 1000 doubloon drops. My TX sc drop was 50 anniversary camo and 20 orderos flags which i say were all crap but they were free stuff which I of course cannot say no. Again these depend on rng and some may have gotten better drops. 

Comparing to the recent triple bonus tat wg has given to new players it hell of a big difference. The anniversary event i would say it a meh. Some 200% win for the days, some flags for per 1000 battles and to complete a collection..... It benefits players with more TX ships. You may say i salty but these are what i seen from what this game is offering now.

Edited by th3vikings

1,007 posts
7,422 battles
5 hours ago, TheAmazingPenguin said:

Well, I don’t want to complain about free stuff, but I don’t think that currently WG will “wow” players with the content of super containers.

I personally find them quite underwhelming.

So, yeah:

5 hours ago, TheAmazingPenguin said:

"Make SC great again"

599 posts
7,578 battles

The rate of we getting supercontainer is already very low

coupled with the rate of getting good items which is low af

makes it impossible they would nerf it.

1,007 posts
7,422 battles
3 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

The rate of we getting supercontainer is already very low

coupled with the rate of getting good items which is low af

makes it impossible they would nerf it.

I’m sure WG can do it if they put their mind to it.

But it wouldn’t make a noticeable difference.

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

SC is nothing more than a bonus.

Think too deeply and invest so heavily on that is AKA "gambling". Hungry for the win is blinding you and this is NOT GOOD.

Just treat it as an extra reward and you will be fine. Honestly it doesnt really matter what the SC give me , since it will profit me  anyway.

Dont let the thirst for "gambling wins" get the better of you. Stay rationale.

9 posts
2,262 battles
17 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

SC is nothing more than a bonus.

Think too deeply and invest so heavily on that is AKA "gambling". Hungry for the win is blinding you and this is NOT GOOD.

Just treat it as an extra reward and you will be fine. Honestly it doesnt really matter what the SC give me , since it will profit me  anyway.

Dont let the thirst for "gambling wins" get the better of you. Stay rationale.

Agreed on the free bonus part. I'm just a tad annoyed if/when they drop your rewards without telling you. It's supposed to be a joyous moment when you open one, not a realization that the rewards have been dropped again.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

WG has added tons of unnecessary filler into SCs. They removed special upgrades as they can now be bought from the Arsenal, but added more and more camos and flags. SCs should be renamed special containers, because majority of the drops do not fit the definition of "super". I also watched Flamu's video and it's very discouraging. On the bright side, these lacklustre drops deter me from grinding the Yamamoto and Halsey campaigns. They're just not worth it.

When SCs first appeared I got Blyskawica within a week. Last year I got Krispy Kreme and Belfast. So far nothing this year, and I always pick Try Your Luck because I'm currently not grinding any ship line, making camos and flags useless to me.

357 posts
3,693 battles
54 minutes ago, Nikolaevna said:

WG has added tons of unnecessary filler into SCs. They removed special upgrades as they can now be bought from the Arsenal, but added more and more camos and flags. SCs should be renamed special containers, because majority of the drops do not fit the definition of "super". I also watched Flamu's video and it's very discouraging. On the bright side, these lacklustre drops deter me from grinding the Yamamoto and Halsey campaigns. They're just not worth it.

When SCs first appeared I got Blyskawica within a week. Last year I got Krispy Kreme and Belfast. So far nothing this year, and I always pick Try Your Luck because I'm currently not grinding any ship line, making camos and flags useless to me.

You should count yourself lucky getting 3 free ships from sc. Some of us here got trash. My best sc drop was only 5m credits. The rest were trash.

Sure at the introduction of sc, the drops were so good. Players are getting free ships, 50 free xp, 20m credits and sure it hurting wg business so they nerf/tune the drops. If compare the drops from then and now you sure see the difference. 

357 posts
3,693 battles
5 minutes ago, Area51P41 said:

Super cont just now 20/09/18 5.10 pm aussie time WTF 4 signals WTF

shot-18.09.20_17.07.16-0068.jpg

Wow i cannot believe my eyes. WG tune it again. 4 flags for sc ? Seriously wtf WG? Are you fucking kidding us ?

Alpha Tester
392 posts
13 minutes ago, Area51P41 said:

Super cont just now 20/09/18 5.10 pm aussie time WTF 4 signals WTF

Hate to disappoint you but that's a TYL container. SCs look like this.

Belfast was the last premium ship to ever drop from a SC for me, which was last October.

p5yx858.jpg

10 minutes ago, th3vikings said:

You should count yourself lucky getting 3 free ships from sc. Some of us here got trash. My best sc drop was only 5m credits. The rest were trash.

Sure at the introduction of sc, the drops were so good. Players are getting free ships, 50 free xp, 20m credits and sure it hurting wg business so they nerf/tune the drops. If compare the drops from then and now you sure see the difference. 

I know. I also prefer TYL in the hopes that I will get Imperator Nikolai, my most favourite ship in the game. But now I've learned to let it go. I never got the Pzkpfw B2 (my most favourite tank which is locked behind a ridiculous paywall), and I won't get Nikolai either. At least the lacklustre rewards keep me from getting addicted to WoWS. I'm just glad I never gave WG a single cent.

Edited by Nikolaevna

Beta Tester
33 posts
9,044 battles

I got 3 SC's with my 3 T10 ships. No premium ships, no premium time, no free doubloon's, but I did get 150 camo. I am happy. :) I love the free stuff. 

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,921 battles

I went through my TX SC's and got.....on the bright side, Gamescon camo and some nifty flags.

The rest was...... usless flags and valentines day camo which is UGLY as sin.

Honestly, I don't do the 'try your luck' any more, it's just not worth it since we can now go for Coal and Flags. I've gotten 1 SC from doing that, I got 50 generic fancy camo that I may never use unless all my other camo runs out.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

"What is SC." (philosophy)

I only met 5 (excludes event given) since it had released.

And all i got from SC is flags, credits and xp.