You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gummilicious

NO NO NO SH1T

32 comments in this topic

599 posts
7,578 battles

Submarine is indeed coming...

for halloween

soon

submarine line ZZZZZ

Wargaming Interview with VetureBeat(reason why sub is been "added"

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/18/why-wargaming-is-disrupting-world-of-warships-with-submarines-and-revamped-aircraft-carriers/

Edited by Gummilicious

1,007 posts
7,422 battles
10 hours ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

There's already so many torpedoes in games, you could walk from one Island to another and not get your feet wet!!!!

And you probably have to, because you ship will be at the bottom of the ocean :crab:

1,333 posts
8,823 battles

I hope submarines will remain restricted to Halloween or Scenarios.

Because I really don't think WG should introduce another class into the game when they are still struggling with the current ones.

Plus the trainwreck that is WG's handling of CVs doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence that they will be to get submarine gameplay right.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
4 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I hope submarines will remain restricted to Halloween or Scenarios.

Because I really don't think WG should introduce another class into the game when they are still struggling with the current ones.

Plus the trainwreck that is WG's handling of CVs doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence that they will be to get submarine gameplay right.

This. Absolutely agree. Lot of issues in the game that are a lot more urgent to address.

326 posts
10,506 battles
14 hours ago, MatterCore said:

2 years ago, they said this as well.

Oh well, it's WG. Its the game full with "DREAMS AND HOPES". 

But then again, this is the game where "SONAR AND RADAR GO THROUGH ISLAND". GGWP

INB4MYPOSTWILLDELETEDDUETOFAKENEWS.

Edited by ArchKongou

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles
2 minutes ago, ArchKongou said:

But then again, this is the game where "SONAR AND RADAR GO THROUGH ISLAND". GGWP

they made some OPera and ho ho ho, the dark cloud surrounds us

159 posts
5,676 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

This. Absolutely agree. Lot of issues in the game that are a lot more urgent to address.

I second that. They haven't even sorted the CV rework. Besides, have any of the people clamoring for subs bothered to learn anything about them? they're raiders not participants in major fleet actions. Maybe WG need to add a mode where you endlessly search for merchant ships on the Ocean map at 5kts only to find that the first ship you come across 15 minutes into the game is a destroyer that sends you to Davy Jones' locker winthin a minute, so everybody can finally see how pointless subs would be in the game

307 posts
4,060 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Like what?

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,921 battles

Wargaming has consistently used the Halloween event to test new mechanics. There was apparently an interview today (see the link) confirming that Carriers will be rolled out next year along with Sub's next year.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/18/why-wargaming-is-disrupting-world-of-warships-with-submarines-and-revamped-aircraft-carriers/

So, Subs confirmed.

DD's will be getting Depth Charges, which is going to be VERY interesting, as it is a 'gun' so has unlimited charges? Does it have a cooldown? Is it a consumeable?

Suddenly, German DD's become the absolute BANE of the Sub line, and RN DD's to a lesser extent, After all, Hydro is what you use to spot them.

What does this mean for the other lines? No idea. It may be that DD's can spot a Sub within a certain radius but active Hydro increases that?

Subs are slow.

I hate to say it, but Subs are really slow. The US Balao class of Subs had a top speed of 20 knots on the surface and 8 knots underwater.  And lets face it, they were some of the best. Compare that to a T9 game, and they all sit around the 30knot mark? I'm not an expert, but speed is going to be an issue.

On the bright side, at Tier 7, the shown subs could only submerge for a minute. They also have lower health pools than DD's.

Torps only fire 1 at a time? Does this mean they will be able to burst fire as well? Or will it be all about causing floods and spotting?

There will be what? 5 lines of Subs? USN, KM, RN IJN and European Navy? (Netherlands, Norwegian, etc) Until they introduce the Russian Subs which are just better than everyone and have a Caterpillar drive and super torps...

Will other ships be able to act against Subs? I mean, if I have a KM CA, they have Hydro, so can they detect a sub as well? What about a US cruiser? Or a BB? Even if someone else spots the sub, can they even act against it?

How will Torps work against them? I mean, will normal torps only work when they are Surface, but Deep Water Torps when they are at Periscope depth?

So many unanswered questions.

That said, I am happy, so long as they are not overpowered and have a specific role. Battleships counter Battleships and Cruisers. Cruisers counter Cruisers and DD's. DD's counter DD's and BB's. It's the basic Rock/Paper/Scissors. However, next year, we will also have Lizard and Spock in the form of CV's and Submarines....WG will need to be very very careful about balance issues and I suspect they will be modified and re-balanced many times before going into public play. Even then, some people are going to hate them. Some are going to love them. ME? I'm curious, whcih specific ones will they turn into Premiums? We have U-96? USS Nautilus? USS Wahoo or Tang? I-19?

AmI the only one absolutely salivating at the possibility of Submarine based Spotter Planes? or even the I-400 class? Because lets face it...SURPRISE SPOTTER PLANE could be hilarious.

239 posts
5,804 battles
55 minutes ago, FinbarAu said:

Wargaming has consistently used the Halloween event to test new mechanics. There was apparently an interview today (see the link) confirming that Carriers will be rolled out next year along with Sub's next year.

So, Subs confirmed.

Huh, not sure how I feel about that.

Not sure how WG seem certain that ‘(teams will) come together and find a way to protect each other from submarines’. Teams in randoms can’t even come together to protect allies from known surface ships. The average level of teamwork in most random games Ismail mostly, “shoot that ship” which players mostly only do because they might get the kill from it.

But it will all depend on how they balance the boats (subs are boats, not ships) and how easily it is for players of other ships to adapt to sharing the ocean.

Of course, this is probably still years off.

599 posts
7,578 battles
6 hours ago, ArchKongou said:

INB4MYPOSTWILLDELETEDDUETOFAKENEWS.

well during the interview with VentureBeat, wargaming said they have no choice because they ran out of ideas

Edited by Gummilicious