Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Colorado Captain

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
817 posts
8,715 battles

Since I promoted my USN BB Captain up the ranks, I have been rebuilding my Colorado Captain.

He has 13 points now, with 10 spent on the basics - ie 3 unspent at the moment.

Opinion - Should I spend the 3 on Supernintendo now or tuff out another point and get CE first and grind up another 3 for Supernintendo?

I'm leaning towards getting another 1 and grabbing CE first as what can't see you, can't shoot you and you don't need an extra repair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
354 posts
9,048 battles
51 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Since I promoted my USN BB Captain up the ranks, I have been rebuilding my Colorado Captain.

He has 13 points now, with 10 spent on the basics - ie 3 unspent at the moment.

Opinion - Should I spend the 3 on Supernintendo now or tuff out another point and get CE first and grind up another 3 for Supernintendo?

I'm leaning towards getting another 1 and grabbing CE first as what can't see you, can't shoot you and you don't need an extra repair.

I thought SI was one of the basics for bbs:Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
817 posts
8,715 battles
8 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

I thought SI was one of the basics for bbs:Smile_Default:

Oh well, it's a no brainer normally but I like to get all my guns firing as often and as far as possible first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
354 posts
9,048 battles
9 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Oh well, it's a no brainer normally but I like to get all my guns firing as often and as far as possible first.

So you get AFT/BFT first? I'd normally get SI/CE first. If you're regularly using all your repairs, then you'd better get SI before CE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
817 posts
8,715 battles
32 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

So you get AFT/BFT first? I'd normally get SI/CE first. If you're regularly using all your repairs, then you'd better get SI before CE.

Yeah I get them first. Rarely use all repairs. Really thinking CE is the way to go next pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Colorado AA isn't very scary, but if you are moving this captain up later to NC, Id recommend you to wait for AFT.

However, if you haven't taken SI first, id recommend you to take SI. Whatever else you took in 3rd row first was a mistake in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
817 posts
8,715 battles
14 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Colorado AA isn't very scary, but if you are moving this captain up later to NC, Id recommend you to wait for AFT.

However, if you haven't taken SI first, id recommend you to take SI. Whatever else you took in 3rd row first was a mistake in my opinion.

Oh my main USN BB Captain is long gone.

I have T9 USN BB researched but can't afford to buy it yet, so my main Captain is waiting on NC to be promoted again when I can gather enough money to buy him a new ship.

This is my Captain "born" on Colorado (ie he has only ever served on Colorado) that I'm considering now.

Thing is, as much as I have played a lot, I think most of my higher Captains have had their skills redistributed at one time or another as I learnt more, took advice and tweaked what worked for me. Also there's been changes to how Captain skills have worked over the years so many of my existing Captains have changed as the game changed.

But as I "backfill" my Captains on ships that have been "superseded" (not really, many ships remain fun to play at their Tier, but you know what I mean) I am finding that I have to make priority choices that I have to live with for a while instead of just redistributing 16 or so points in one big hit.

But you are right about Colorado AA. It isn't fearsome and if that's a comment on my secondary module choice then sure, I probably agree and will probably do the sensible thing and go back to AA module... I think I was broke when remaking Colorado and maybe I had a spare secondary module but couldn't afford to buy an AA one.

EDIT: Oh wait, that module discussion was in another thread. NVM.

Edited by Max_Battle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
324 posts
4,679 battles

When "backfilling" you can afford to play around a bit and experiment. Worse is you have to respec at some point...

Colorado, imo, doesn't really benefit much from captain skills above the obvious and standard PT/EM/SI/CE. Neither the AA nor the secondaries are bad, but they aren't good enough to really feel much benefit from buffing. None of the other skills strike me as being anything close to vital.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

After the first 4 skills (pt, em, si ce), I'd go for FP, BoS and HA subsequently.

Colorado is set on fire pretty easily and FP/BoS/HA helps.

Colorado secondaries are totally worthless. AA is good enough to deal with t6 CVs. But investing both BFT and AFT isn't worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,028 posts
7,503 battles
13 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

with 10 spent on the basics

What is your current setup and what are your preferences?

 

For example without your telling us that you “first like to get my guns firing as quickly as possible”, how do we know?

 

I haven’t played Colorado much, I have a dislike for slow USN BB’s. In my opinion, for a sluggish ship like Colorado, which cannot run away, a survivability build may make more sense. Obviously, this doesn’t consider your preferences for playing this ship.

 

And about having SI or not, if you find that often you run out of heals and then get killed, well, a dead ship has a very low rate of fire. If you find you often finish the game with charges left, you may use your 3 points elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×