Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Random thoughts

16 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,062 posts
30,403 battles

I like Little White Mouse's reviews and I have used them to inform many decisions about buying ships. (Even when the botes are bad the reviews are gud).

I like Flamu's accent but I thought he was Serbian or Russian or something. (Someone said he is Finnish).

I have almost 3kg of frozen potatoes in my freezer. (Kiss me, I'm Irish!).

• Funny 1

[CCCC]
63 posts
7,728 battles

he doesn't sound Slavic. most probably it is ugro-finish, we had a few hungarians in the office and it was similar to Flamu's accent

Edited by Daxxus

[CCCC]
63 posts
7,728 battles

work from home mate, work from home and loud kidzis

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,062 posts
30,403 battles

It's funny to see this flashback to 2018.

Watching Flamu was not controversial then!

Well not as much.

[CCCC]
63 posts
7,728 battles

in my opinion a few WG CCs became a bit overconfident at the moment. i have respect for mighty j. though,  probably because of his age and gentleman manners. CCs tend to be preoccupied with the game they play, like all the world spins around it or them.

for casuals like me, this is a 3 - 4 games slot per day and back to reality again

• Cool 1

[151ST]
4,197 posts
14,000 battles
On 8/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, Daxxus said:

hate this lockdown 

If you are in Sydney, plan for it to continue until Dec... Also impressive necro

3 hours ago, Daxxus said:

in my opinion a few WG CCs became a bit overconfident at the moment. i have respect for mighty j. though,  probably because of his age and gentleman manners. CCs tend to be preoccupied with the game they play, like all the world spins around it or them.

for casuals like me, this is a 3 - 4 games slot per day and back to reality again

Yeah in a way.

I don't know how to put this without flaming every popular (former) CC and their followers but...

It's WG and CCs are not devs.

It's WGs game and they've pretty clearly done their own thing for years with their games. 

CCs and those of us who follow them and watch all their stuffs account for 2/5ths of f--- all of the playerbase. We all need to realise this and set realistic expectations. None of this fiasco should be a surprise.

I suspect early on CCs felt like they had more of a say in WoWS dev because WG was still refining their vision of it and so were more open to input, clearly they haven't been like that for some time.

Expectation vs Reality.

When the two collide one of the results is anger. If you can't change the reality (pretty obvious we can't), then we need to temper our expectations.

I would imagine some of the folks at WGHQ would be looking at the CCs as arrogant and obnoxious adolescents having a tantrum... And if that's the case they aren't likely to change anything based on that behaviour. I suspect this POV is commonly held during each fiasco and could explain some of their responses.

Sad times.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[TLS]
5,586 posts
22,690 battles

It is time to show that CCs made the game and they can break it equally as well. There is only one vision for the game: fleecing money and laundering it.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,062 posts
30,403 battles
52 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Expectation vs Reality.

When the two collide one of the results is anger. If you can't change the reality (pretty obvious we can't), then we need to temper our expectations.

I watched a fair bit of Mademoisail and Ev1n's official stream last week.

To their credit, they pretty much open fielded a wide variety of questions.

I can't fully explain it but Sail and Ev1n were being representatives of a company that makes a game in order to make money...

...and players were being people who play and enjoy a video game and who thought their views were vaild and should be taken seriously.

There was this divide between the two "groups" discussing the game that was very obvious to me but something I can't fully expand and explain.

It was like, each of them were right - from a certain point of view.

Both sides seem to be suffering from the "Expectation vs Reality" phenomenon.

BOTH sides.

I see that here on the forum and in other discussion areas for the game A LOT.

I don't think dismissing players as being entitled brats is entirely correct - but it's partially correct.

I don't think condemning Wargaming for wanting to make money is entirely correct - but it's partially correct.

• Cool 2

[151ST]
4,197 posts
14,000 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

don't think dismissing players as being entitled brats is entirely correct - but it's partially correct.

I don't think condemning Wargaming for wanting to make money is entirely correct - but it's partially correct.

Agreed

But at the end of the day it's their game, they are the owner and developer and we are just the players. Whether they listen and act on our feedback or not is up to them, they have all the power. And thinking we have much of a say in how things pan out (particularly with WG) is to put it mildly, delusional.

But I always try and be constructive and provide the feedback anyways... ...  :cap_book:

2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

It is time to show that CCs made the game and they can break it equally as well. There is only one vision for the game: fleecing money and laundering it.

I don't think they would be able to.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,062 posts
30,403 battles
10 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

But I always try and be constructive and provide the feedback anyways... ...  :cap_book:

I do think you try to be reasonable.

[151ST]
4,197 posts
14,000 battles
3 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I do think you try to be reasonable.

I try but frequently fail, hahahaha

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,062 posts
30,403 battles
1 minute ago, S4pp3R said:

I try but frequently fail, hahahaha

FFS! Take a compliment once in a while you egomaniac!

:Smile_veryhappy:

[BELLE]
620 posts
37,008 battles
Just now, Max_Battle said:

ego measuring? I have so much ego I have to split amongst multi personalities

• Funny 1

[151ST]
4,197 posts
14,000 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

It sounded like a backhanded one, and I agree 😜

2 hours ago, SgtSullyNZ said:

ego measuring? I have so much ego I have to split amongst multi personalities

At least in the current climate, isolation is a party? lols

Sign in to follow this