You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waichung1823

Colorado Or KGV : Which one should i buy first?

13 comments in this topic

222 posts
1,061 battles

I have been grinding Both US and UK  BB lines til tier 6. Rite now i have enough experience for purchasing tier 7 BBs but i don't have enough credits. So which one is more worth it, Colorado or KGV? 

Ps : I am a noob, pls share your experiences with both of the ships too. Thanks 

Beta Tester
817 posts
8,715 battles

I have no experience on RN BB line.

I love Colorado. I understand everyone has their own subjective feelings about ships and you probably do play better in ships you "feel" are right so please understand this is only my opinion but I really love Colorado.

Accurate, punishing AP. Learn where various ships' citadels are and hammer them. See a broadside and take a moment to aim and enjoy results.

Feels tuff and I have the secondary module on mine (still unsure about but it feels ok and already has good AA rating as it is US BB).

Just my opinion but I love Colorado.

354 posts
9,048 battles

Isn't Colorado why fxp was invented?

Just kidding, but it's so slow it takes all the fun out - like getting to a party just as all the guests are going home.

Beta Tester
817 posts
8,715 battles
3 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

Just kidding, but it's so slow it takes all the fun out - like getting to a party just as all the guests are going home.

Yes. It is slow. Can be detrimental - or can encourage planning :fish_book:

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

As for me playing a Colorado means you always have to plan ahead of every move you make(basically saying not ramming into islands being in the open knowing where enemy DDs are)... Angling is very important.. you can basically do lot more if you are in 10-14kms range AP all the way... always keep moving(not an easy target for DD's torps) Guns are accurate enough but depends upon your aiming...

KGV is what you can say BB concentrated more on HE damage than AP(you need to shoot HE more than AP) Hence more fun to play... basically saying you play on the basis of enemy players being bad at their damage control usage... but I felt HE is more accurate than AP (the sigma is same tho) don't get me wrong but it is what I felt playing that ship..

In the end.. conclusion being what'd you want?

• Colorado a BB which makes you think where you need to be.. thinking ahead... a typical BB gameplay
  • KGV the BB with HE fun... (burn them all)

You also need to think about the end of the tree.. Montana or Conqueror which is new topic but know about these 2 ships then grind the whole line because after all that hard work you might or might not like the ships..

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,852 posts
4,140 battles

I found the Lolorado to be a good BB to play but it took a lot of planning due to its speed.  The KLGV is also a good ship.  You cant go wrong with either of them.  The only downside of the KGV is it leads to the Conqueror and the entire community will hate you in game.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

KGV easy to play, barely requires any skills, low impact ship, Colorado very hard to play, requires a lot of experience with BB,  high impact ship.

Also, The next 3 ships in US line is fantastic, NC, Iowa, Montana.

On the other hand, you get Monarch, Lion which are not that great, and Conqueror which is... the DUMBEST thing ever added into the game.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles
5 hours ago, Moldavia said:

Hey, don't forget old Fuso A hull :cap_haloween:

[COAT]
1,186 posts
10,200 battles

Colorado:

Pros:Accurate at long range.Enhanced Repair Party.

Cons:Too slow.

KGV:

Pros:Good DPS.Good speed for BB.Short fuse AP,less overpen on CA.

Cons:AP weak against BB.(But you can spam HE)

If you like to stay at the rear of battle and fire,Colorado.Otherwise,KGV.

Edited by User_1145141919810

[ZA]
168 posts
7,394 battles

KGV is overall a better ship, has modern BB speed which can catch up with the fleet and relocate much easier. The main advantage is of course its HE. How to put it.....

It is not more accurate or do more alpha damage then AP, however the damage is very consistent to all tier enemies and ship types. So I wouldn't say it is low impact when you can knock out half of HP off a DD consistently and you can deal consistent damage to Musashi. Able to deal with those kind of strategic targets are very valuable. 

My KGV share the same captain with Belfast, therefore with the ifhe skill its HE can citadel and DS CA in many occasions.

I personally find Colorado too slow and not versatile enough in lot of situations. However, start from T8 onward USN BB will out shine RN BB.

Edited by sunlo2013