You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SilentFLame

Recommended Premium DD

16 comments in this topic

4 posts
667 battles

Hi All

Been getting back into the game recently and was thinking of dropping some cash on a premium ship finally. Been enjoying my destroyers to no end so i'm thinking of grabbing a premium one of those. But having been out of the loop for a while I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on which one will be a sound purchase?

I've heard a lot of good things about the Loyang due to it's hydro but thought i'd check in again since that thread was from 2017.

Thanks in advance all! (and sorry if this is a question asked hundreds of times before, I don't dwell on the forums and couldn't see a similar thread in the more recent posts)

114 posts
2,630 battles

My 1st (and only, atm) premium ship purchase was Anshan, got it using 20% discount voucher, because I like DD play and thought I can farm fxp in it. Turned out it isn't the best way to gain fxp lol. At least I enjoy her DD playstyle (gunboat with workable torpedo) and can still use it for cxp farming (when my PA capt. reached 19 pt that is), so I still play her from time to time. Mildly satisfied.

You can also look for littlewhitemouse's review and look the ones you think you would like most. She's got a ton of premium ships of all classes reviewed.

Edited by zergling_

534 posts
33 minutes ago, SilentFLame said:

I've heard a lot of good things about the Loyang due to it's hydro but thought i'd check in again since that thread was from 2017.

I personally prefer Kidd rather than Loyang

4 posts
667 battles

Oh man tough choice. The Kidd actually has fairly comparable stats to the Loyang. I like the increased torp damage but that reload time....

Ship as a whole seem's a bit more susceptible to air spotting with a noticeable hit in rudder shift speed too. Will have to ponder on it, thanks for the suggestion!

318 posts
6,862 battles

Depending on your experience in Destroyers, and the game in general. I would recommenced T-61. Its a fantastic ships and the CD on the torps is awesome.

For people with a better understanding of the game and mechanics, i would say LoYang is a very capable destroyer. It's hydro makes this ship a real cap bully. 

4 posts
667 battles

Another suggestion being thrown to me a lot (I have the same question on another forum) is to just skip out buying the T-8 premium DD and instead use that money for a premium account.

I'm currently at T-7 DD (Akatsuki) so the next upgrade will be T-8 DD (Kagero) and for roughly the same amount of money I could buy half a years worth of premium (though realistically i'd probably buy 3 months at best).

260 posts
4,649 battles
3 hours ago, zergling_ said:

My 1st (and only, atm) premium ship purchase was Anshan, got it using 20% discount voucher, because I like DD play and thought I can farm fxp in it. Turned out it isn't the best way to gain fxp lol. At least I enjoy her DD playstyle (gunboat with workable torpedo) and can still use it for cxp farming (when my PA capt. reached 19 pt that is), so I still play her from time to time. Mildly satisfied.

I have Anshan also, but did not like the turret rotation speed. Kamikaze (R) is more fun to play (quick torp reload), but provided they sell it. 

260 posts
4,649 battles
1 minute ago, SilentFLame said:

Another suggestion being thrown to me a lot (I have the same question on another forum) is to just skip out buying the T-8 premium DD and instead use that money for a premium account.

I'm currently at T-7 DD (Akatsuki) so the next upgrade will be T-8 DD (Kagero) and for roughly the same amount of money I could buy half a years worth of premium (though realistically i'd probably buy 3 months at best).

Premium helps you grind the line faster (more income + exp). If you are looking forward to getting tier 10 and you have time to play, then premium time will be worth it.

But if you just want to play for fun, getting a tier 8 premium is not a bad way to earn credits (train commander), while you grind the line slowly. Playing in higher tier means you will not earn credits, and the grind will be slower. Your tier 8 premium should be your "credit earner" (unless you play more Tier 5-6)

HSF Harekaze is another versatile ship that suits a lot of play style (3 guns to choose), but might not be selling anymore because of HSF collaboration ended.

[PEEDZ]
22 posts
5,771 battles

Thought about the Lenningrad?

I enjoy it just as much as the lo yang and Kidd, but both are good for ranked.

Put the money into prem time first, if you can. The extra xp and credits really boost a grind.

It all depends on what you want to do.

342 posts
7,058 battles

LoYang is good bang for your buck. Torps aren't that good but the ship is solid. As a bonus its pretty decent in ranked particularly with the hydro upgrade.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

For a tier 8, Loyang and Kidd are both really good purchase. Given the recent RADAR meta, both DDs can be hard to play. Kidd is fantastic for gun duel, but overall damage dealing potential is lacking due to low amount of torps. Loyang recently got hydro buffs, but its no longer a surprising fact.

4 posts
667 battles

Thanks for the recommendation all.

I've decided for the moment to just pump a months worth of premium into the account and try to level my T-7 DD to a T-8 asap. I want to see how the T-8 performs over the T-7 and if i still feel like i need that premium ship then i might buy the Loyang as that hydro just seems to good to pass up. The low torp damage is a bit of a bummer but the trade off seems it might be worth it.

Thanks again for the suggestions! i'll have to keep them in mind if im feeling lose with my money again in the future

[ZA]
163 posts
7,364 battles

Sorry, but I would not recommend any premium DD to any new player or any player doesn't have 50% winrate already. Why? It is waste of money and you will not learn anything from those premium DD if you have little to no knowledge about game machanic.

When I was a noob, I played BB as main and brought a Fujin, which is a fantastic ship, however have no idea how it work or how the game work in general. So I played a few game and didn't touch it for a long time. 

I only start playing DD in recent 6~8 months. And I train myself in low tier 3~5 for a while before I start level up tech tree line to high tier.

DD is a difficult class to master especially when you reach T8~10. So take your time in low tier and get the basic right before move up or buy any premium.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
2 hours ago, SilentFLame said:

I've decided for the moment to just pump a months worth of premium into the account and try to level my T-7 DD to a T-8 asap.

Good decision. Tech tree T8 ships aren't far behind by any means. Benson, Kiev, Kagero, Akizuki all are fantastic DDs in their own playstyle. I own all the premium T8 DDs in the game, and they do not give you huge advantage over other DDs unless you are playing a Kidd with a CV division. Lo Yang has hydro, but it is not easy to use by any means. Meanwhile Z23 has hydro too, and Hsienyang has access to RADAR.