You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NovaLyfe

Petition to remove Sea of Fortune and Sleeping Giant from ranked

5 comments in this topic

2 posts
4,799 battles

Wargaming needs to remove these two maps from ranked.However the hell these two maps made it past PTS is beyond my comprehension.Sleeping Giant has to be the worse map design to ever be conceived.Surrounding an entire cap with two huge islands and making it impossible to dislodge the other team from the cap.And then we have Sea of fortune.The ranked version of this map is just absolutely atrocious.Putting two caps in one just makes for terrible gameplay in which its difficult to win against a team that manages to dominate the side of the map with the 2 caps.The terrible design of both maps makes for really unintuitive and unfun gameplay when the team that rushes the (edited) caps automatically wins.On a side note Okinawa should be removed as well.Blocking an entire cap from the rest of the map is just a ridiculous concept.

Derogitory, Post Edited, User Sanctioned

~nothingishere

237 posts
5,804 battles

I don’t have much of a problem with the maps. Yes, they are difficult to master, and yes, they rely a lot on you team working together and being suitably aggressive

991 posts
7,403 battles

I don’t play ranked much, but I guess there are always maps we like or dislike, based on mode or ship we play, or personal preference.

The main thing to keep in mind is that maps should be the the same for both teams. Only if a map gives one side an advantage, it should be adjusted.

So, sorry no, I don’t support the petition.

80 posts
2,742 battles

I have just played rank for the first time, and didn't really focus on the map as a whole, just where the choke points were, and where ships were likely to be. The rest was/is up to how the teams play.

I dont think that there was any advantage either way, just who made the best moves.