You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

On citadels located below waterline ?

7 comments in this topic

165 posts
3,658 battles

Hello guys ,

I need your inputs on this . Where do you aim for hitting citadels that are located below waterlines ? Whats the best to do aim below waterline or aim at superstructure to make shell penetrate from above I however doubt this one .

Thank you in advance

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles

Stay at 10km+ , you need your shots to arc down to have a chance of hitting underwater citadels. Flatter trajectory arcs require much more distance like 14km+.

Most US BB can citadels german BB from 8km although very rarely. For flatter arcs like IJN BB , you need to stay at 14km+ to have a chance at nailing those and you need to shoot one that is in a full swing turn.

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

If you and target are moving away from each other, aim slightly higher than water level, if closing distance, aim slightly lower than water level, around a millimeter on your screen.

If you are very close, aim waterline, very far, aim the deck.

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

If you and target are moving away from each other, aim slightly higher than water level, if closing distance, aim slightly lower than water level, around a millimeter on your screen.

If you are very close, aim waterline, very far, aim the deck.

Dont encourage them to do pixel sniping man. I really dont want that to be a thing in WoWS ( WoT triggered ).

165 posts
3,658 battles
13 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Generally hit this red pant of ship girl will make her feel getting penetrated

13 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

For flatter arcs like IJN BB , you need to stay at 14km+ to have a chance at nailing those and you need to shoot one that is in a full swing turn.

I will try that

13 hours ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

my experience is you will need plunging fire for those, I still aim at the waterline at a target with diatance of 15+ km, though still hit and miss.

Tbh you are right .

11 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I have been doing that and I am getting like 14-29k per salvo .Am I doing correctly ?