You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shifty_Panzer

100% WG Made up

30 comments in this topic

249 posts
347 battles

As we all know (at least most of us) Roon tier IX cruiser is totally Wargaming made up, a paper ship i should say. It's an up scaled Nürnberg. It resembles both the Panzerschiffe and Nürnberg class. Just like the whole entire Polish tank tech tree... wait wrong game. :Smile_hiding:

What do you guys think about Roon, is it German truth bias? or is it another bad up scaled ship?

Edited by Shifty_Panzer

249 posts
347 battles
2 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

literally EVERYTHING in this game are WG made up....  except only ship model.

Lmao, its an arcade game i guess :Smile_teethhappy:

1,356 posts
8,894 battles

There are plenty of paper ships in WoWs. The Roon is just one of them.

Afaik, as of right now only the USN CV line and the IJN torpedo DD line are 100% real (as in all ships in the line were built to completion).

All the other lines have at least one paper ship in them.

Edited by Thyaliad

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles
5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

All the other lines have at least one paper ship in them.

All the US DDs in the game are very real. US built so many, WG yet can pump out hundreds...

[R-A-N]
Beta Tester
11 posts
4,107 battles
55 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

All the US DDs in the game are very real. US built so many, WG yet can pump out hundreds...

Well, USS Nicholas (DD-311) was a Clemson class destroyer. Also a Fletcher (DD-449).

In game is based off of a 1919 destroyer "paper ship. An intermediate design between Clemson and Farragut.

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles
3 minutes ago, HS_Velos said:

Well, USS Nicholas (DD-311) was a Clemson class destroyer. Also a Fletcher (DD-449).

In game is based off of a 1919 destroyer "paper ship. An intermediate design between Clemson and Farragut.

Umm yeah I know that, but we were not talking about the actual configurations, if you think that way then every single ship in the game is paper ship. We were talking about whether the ship that the in game model is designed after existed (built to be precise) in real world.

For example, Montana was laid down but never finished, Izumo never left drawing board etc.

1,356 posts
8,894 battles
4 hours ago, HS_Velos said:

3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Umm yeah I know that, but we were not talking about the actual configurations, if you think that way then every single ship in the game is paper ship. We were talking about whether the ship that the in game model is designed after existed (built to be precise) in real world.

For example, Montana was laid down but never finished, Izumo never left drawing board etc.

Yup, which is why I didn't include the USN DD line or the USN BB line. Because the in-game Nicholas was never built,  and neither was the Montana.

Though depending on the different interpretations of paper, then perhaps not even the USN CV lines or IJN torpedo DD line are 100% real. For example the in-game Lexington is actually Saratoga (Lexington never had the twin 5 inch turrets) and  the in-game Fubuki is most probably the Ushio (the X turret was only removed very late in the war, Shinonome has the proper Fubuki gun layout).

14 posts
809 battles
22 hours ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

A Just like the whole entire Polish tank tech tree... wait wrong game. :Smile_hiding:

The Polish tech tree is real till tier 6 (I think) and after that its all paper tanks and few completely made up ones

249 posts
347 battles
On 9/13/2018 at 8:54 PM, pokeranger24 said:

The Polish tech tree is real till tier 6 (I think) and after that its all paper tanks and few completely made up ones

Yup they are actually. Most of them are real tanks, some are just prototypes and some are paper tanks.

1,498 posts
On 13/09/2018 at 4:19 PM, icy_phoenix said:

Shhhhhh....... We don't need any more,  especially clones..... :Smile_izmena: :Smile_hiding:

On 13/09/2018 at 6:53 PM, AntifoulAwl said:

Think this is good?

Wait till the Kriegsmarine Carriers arrive.

There were only 2, both never completed, & 1 of them is already in game.

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

1,042 posts
7,508 battles
On 9/13/2018 at 3:45 AM, PGM991 said:

literally EVERYTHING in this game are WG made up....  except only ship model.

That's not quite correct. The ships are not 100% accurate, fair enough, but someone who has a bit of an idea of WW1 and WW2 era ships will recognize many of the ships in the game.

About the Roon, I guess that's a paper ship.

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles
41 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

There were only 2, both never completed, & 1 of them is already in game.

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

VORpgAV.png?1

:Smile-_tongue:

1,498 posts
31 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

VORpgAV.png?1

:Smile-_tongue:

:Smile_teethhappy:    :Smile_medal:

229 posts
1,061 battles
20 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

why the young man never read Wiki? I found WoWS wiki since first year

2.jpg

I wonder if H-44 paper German BB (Großer Kurfürst) armed with 20/21 inch guns 

IMG_20181016_233446.jpg

Edited by waichung1823

[LBAS]
4,504 posts
25,688 battles
Just now, waichung1823 said:

I wonder if H-44 paper German BB (Großer Kurfürst) armed with 20/21 inch guns 

IMG_20181016_233446.jpg

in-game

FDG is H39

GK is H41:cap_book:

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles
7 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Shhhhhh....... We don't need any more,  especially clones..... :Smile_izmena: :Smile_hiding:

There are enough Fletcher models to keep WG alive for next 10 years...

:cap_haloween:

59 posts
7,189 battles

well if one want to be more realistic about the ships and how they work, perform , then all I can say is most of the ship and ship spec are simply wishful thinking

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

Dosnt wg have published article about hindy and roon before?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/history/paper-ships-hindenburg/

Its, a design study basicly since its never included in any plan, as plan z require 5 heavy cruiser which hipper class already underway with 3 built and 2 in progress.

So they just experiment with scaled up hipper as base.

The thing about this drafting period when designing ships was there actualy a lot of feasible material. Afaik, Yamato have at least 35 pre design drafted by 3 major prominent IJN naval thinker. One of which were the in game Izumo which we saw in game.

Though imo roon were kinda weird, it a weird hipper not enlarged nurnberg imo. its also not unusual to even same class of ship have radical change, like gascogne and jean bart for example.

Its not like wg made ship design without proper research. The republique for example many was disapointed from its supposed departure from alsace.

But, if you take a look at france path. The gascogne design was modified to acomodate french new dual purpose aa gun/secondary.

The centerline superstructure were modified to maximize, angle of fire and give better coverage from air attack, which mean french already begin adapting to threat posses by aircraft to its navy.

A french republique for me was an extension of gascogne lesson and ideas. So, even though i was very dissapointed greatly for not able to fire 16 shells at tx. I acknowledge that republique represent most realistic development path for french battleship line.

Harugumo however is too far fetched. Its prob true original ship to fit the game progresion, rather than historical

Edited by humusz