You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

Things you'd like to see

40 comments in this topic

159 posts
3,388 battles

Having played this game for a couple of years, the amount of content in the game has increased exponentially with events, daily challenges, ports, new ship lines, premiums, arsenal, game modes etc. But with all these additions, what are the things you would like to see the most that haven't appeared in game yet? (aside from the obvious CV change, RN ship lines & Italians)

- I'd love to see a big Jutland event on the anniversary of the battle. Lots of col stuff they could do for that (not to mention premiums they could add). 

- HMNZS Achilles (Come on WG! You already made Clan Wars extremely difficult for us to take part in so you should at least be trying to appease us with our famous ship!)

- Ports of Scapa Flow, San Francisco, Brest, Rosyth & Wilhelmshaven to name a few

- HMS Dreadnought. Who cares that it'll be T3? You have a game which is full of Battleships that directly descended from Dreadnought yet it's still missing from the game! 

- Tokyo Express Scenario & Operation Cerberus

- More historical commanders. Whilst we appreciate the hoops that have to be jumped through in order to obtain these, more would be nice :)

- More ships from smaller nations

- I'm probably a minority on this one, but I'd love to see each nation have a pre dreadnought in at T2. Like the Mikasa, but for every nation as they all had them. 

Anyway, what else do you want to see appear in game? It would be interesting to see..

160 posts
5,775 battles

Reading this just makes me want to go and raise my Achilles thread from the dead, necromancy here I come :cap_haloween:

1,050 posts
7,743 battles

I think what you suggest are all good ideas. WG should just not go overboard with new stuff and keep in mind that it should be still possible for new players to get their head around things.

You may find that Scapa Flow is a little on the boring side. This is a natural harbour and you just had rows and rows of ships on anchor.

By the way, my mum grew up in Wilhelmshafen, I’ve been there a fair few times. Thanks to the US Air Force and Royal Airforce it has been somewhat re-decorated since the glory-days of WW2, not sure what it looked like then.

I grew up in Hamburg and that’s the port of my choice now. I can identify a fair few of the buildings, WG did a very good job.

[LNA]
1,695 posts
10,543 battles

I think that core function come before any of that :

The game has been going on for 3 YEARS and we are still lacking a working replay function.

The UI and menu are still yet to be OPTIMIZED.

The rebalance between gun stats cross class. The arm race of getting BIGGER , BETTER , FASTER  guns is becoming a very real issue when later released ships have guns much larger than normal and punch well above the intended weight.

Torpedo and gun balance still have no answer ( and thats a very good question ).

1,859 posts
5,797 battles
51 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

The game has been going on for 3 YEARS and we are still lacking a working replay function.

The rebalance between gun stats cross class. The arm race of getting BIGGER , BETTER , FASTER  guns is becoming a very real issue when later released ships have guns much larger than normal and punch well above the intended weight.

Torpedo and gun balance still have no answer ( and thats a very good question ).

Agree, the replay system right now is not great and I wish for a better one

The UI takes way too much processing power and it makes a ton of FPS difference... Also it takes like 30-40 seconds to load up contacts in game... Like wut

55 posts
5,656 battles

Operation Pedestal could make an excellent scenario. Guard the Ohio all the way to Malta. 

I'd grab a premium HMS Exeter in an instant! She fought the Graf Spee at the Battle of River Plate and was finally lost in the Second Battle of the Java Sea. 

354 posts
9,048 battles

I'd like to see a scenario or campaign based on the escape of the Goeben and Breslau to the Dardanelles during the opening days of WWI; an event which precipitated Turkey into the war on the Axis side, extended the war by 2 yrs, cost many millions of  lives, produced the Gallipoli debacle, instigated the Russian revolution, the breakup of the Ottoman empire and had ramifications extending to today in the Middle East.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,701 posts
7,273 battles
3 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Maybe New Zealand and other nation that has been colonized by British should be called pan-British? I don't know.

I think the US Navy may have something to say about that.

Modder
249 posts
347 battles

I would love to see those new ports, especially San Francisco, Wilhemshaven and Scapa Flow.

I like your idea of implementing Pre-Dreadnought class too. 

Edited by Shifty_Panzer
Adding Dreadnought to the game would be nice, because its the "revolutionary" ship.

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,638 battles
9 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Maybe New Zealand and other nation that has been colonized by British should be called pan-British? I don't know.

Already exists as 'commonwealth'

160 posts
5,775 battles
5 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Already exists as 'commonwealth'

Yea, but if the British and commonwealth lines were merged to British Empire or something like that then you'd be able to move captains across ships. At the moment the only ships in the commonwealth line are premiums, more there for collectors or something a bit different but no use for training captains, also they share a lot of similar traits with the British lines. Remember at the time of River Plate the NZ ship that fought there was still part of the Royal Navy, as part of its "New Zealand Division"

159 posts
3,388 battles
20 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

You may find that Scapa Flow is a little on the boring side. This is a natural harbour and you just had rows and rows of ships on anchor.

Considering it's historical significance, it would be a sin to leave it out. There'd be things they could do to make it visually interesting no doubt. 

159 posts
3,388 battles
20 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Yeah that's true, a user friendly replay would be great!

All of these ideas are really good! 

Edited by ArtickWarspite

159 posts
3,388 battles
12 hours ago, Moldavia said:

I'd like to see a scenario or campaign based on the escape of the Goeben and Breslau to the Dardanelles during the opening days of WWI; an event which precipitated Turkey into the war on the Axis side, extended the war by 2 yrs, cost many millions of  lives, produced the Gallipoli debacle, instigated the Russian revolution, the breakup of the Ottoman empire and had ramifications extending to today in the Middle East.

Yes, this event had quite the ripple effect huh? 

1,388 posts
9,082 battles
On 12/09/2018 at 9:14 AM, ArtickWarspite said:

Tokyo Express Scenario & Operation Cerberus

Yeah a Scenario for the Axis would help to balance out the current Allies-only scenarios.

Operation Cerberus and the Japanese version Operation Kita could be Axis counterpart to Hermes.

And a Tokyo Express scenario could be a challenging one which pits DDs against againt heavier opponents. Certainly not a scenario for the faint of heart! :cap_look:

1,050 posts
7,743 battles
On 9/13/2018 at 12:33 PM, ArtickWarspite said:

Considering it's historical significance, it would be a sin to leave it out. There'd be things they could do to make it visually interesting no doubt.

Well, yes, fair point, but did you ever see images of Scarpa Flow?

There is a lot of historical significance, but simply *nothing* to see, especially on a foggy day.

Image result for scapa flow ww2

I guess the advantage would be that it is very easy for the developers to do... in the end, it will be WG's call. Let's see what they do.

[PAR-D]
12 posts
6,351 battles
On 12/09/2018 at 7:02 PM, mr_glitchy_R said:

No you don't :cap_haloween:

158 posts
4,125 battles

I would rather see more Axis ports, Kure and Toranto especially.

More Pan American ships like the Rivadavia Battlecruisers or the Rio De Janeiro

If and when the CV rework happens the rest of the IJN unique carriers, Akagi and Shinano along with Shohou and Hiyou. And of course the Hyuga and Tone.

Also the introduction of the Regia Marina lines.