Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

from susanoo into Norris

5 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

WG staff 1 : hey, people complaining about skill gap in CV, perma spotting, multitask crap and not appealing gameplay. we need to increase CV play to monetize it. market just too crowd with surface pheasant.

WG staff 2 : lets do the skarhabek advice, buff CV but make it more action packed.... 

WG is overbuffing CV..... infinite plane? NEW ROCKET? ability to dodge AA? and LESS strategic SKILL??

AND MOST non-CV player love it.......???

bet me 10 credit, after CV rework..... everyone will play CV instead. 

CV player 1 : HEY LOOK THERE IS SMALL DD THERE!

DD player 3000018386418 : oh its CV, now it cannt crosstorp me hahaha and i got KIDD AA!

CV player 2 : HEY CV PLAYER 3,4,5 ! LETS BOMB THOSE DD!

CV player 5 : whoach nice find !

DD player 3000018386418 : ahahaa i am pro at TORPEDOBEAT! DEEEEJAAVUUU!!!!

.....proceed with rocket bombing >>>> 3K HP remaining but still have repair party

DD player 3000018386418 : HOWLING  SHEET! OI CV I NEED HELP! THERE IS 5 CV ATTACKING ME!!!!

CV player 2 : bro..... look! there is no CV in your team, the new MM is based on normal ship now....

......Lolanta come >>>>

Lolanta player : HAHAHAAHA A TRUE HERO HAS COME TO HELP!!! I GOT AA SPECED!! ITS RAMBO TIME!!!!!

...... 400 shotdown plane later....... still get nuked with rocket and now have 10K HP remaining.......

lolanta player : HEY! how many plane enemy CV still have?

CV player 1 : well, the AA is actually dodgeable, its easy to insta kill.....but we want to see fire work.....

did you know what? unlike Rambo, Norris NEVER RUN OUT OF AMMO AND NEVER RELOAD!!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

1,340 posts
8,848 battles
5 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

WG is overbuffing CV..... infinite plane? NEW ROCKET? ability to dodge AA? and LESS strategic SKILL??

AND MOST non-CV player love it.......???

Yup, it really perplexes me when I see anti-CV players welcoming these changes. The new CVs have the potential to be just as powerful if not even more so than the current CVs.

Fly in, drop torps and cause a flood, fly away and then return once DCP runs out and cause another flood. And as a DD how the heck do you dodge those rockets?

[PANTS]
[PANTS]
27 posts
7,156 battles

Why are people seeing new cv gameplay demo then call it op when they said it repeatedly on stream that balancing has not been done yet.  The demo is only a for players to see if it is the type of gameplay (action instead of RTS) they would enjoy.Numbers like fire chance and how frequently you can drop are far from final. There will even be public testing to make sure things are working and balanced before it get implemented.

Edited by _buki

603 posts
7,589 battles
4 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Yup, it really perplexes me when I see anti-CV players welcoming these changes. The new CVs have the potential to be just as powerful if not even more so than the current CVs.

Fly in, drop torps and cause a flood, fly away and then return once DCP runs out and cause another flood. And as a DD how the heck do you dodge those rockets?

You have to know that this demonstration was on a ship that moves in a straight line without any manuevers 

1,340 posts
8,848 battles
5 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

You have to know that this demonstration was on a ship that moves in a straight line without any manuevers 

Of course I know that.

Just saying that this gameplay style has just as much propensity to be as overpowered as the current CV mechanics. Which really leaves me scratching my head as to why the anti-CV crowd is actively cheering the changes when they should be adopting a cautious, wait-and-see approach. Because from what we currently see, the mechanics are pretty unbalanced. My main worry is that new CVs will either be all OP or UP but not balanced. And because of how the new gameplay lacks any sort of depth to it, I fear that the gameplay will get stale very fast.

Call me a pessimist but when it comes to anything CV-related WG have proven time and time again that they have no idea what they are doing (no offense to WG). I mean their idea of fixing CVs previously involved removing manual drops and strafes from low tiers (ruining the learning process for new players), introducing AP bombs, introducing unbalanced Premium CVs and introducing an alternate set of controls (the only thing that actually attempted to fix CVs). No fixes to the buggy UI, no attempts to fix perma spotting, no tutorials or videos for new players, nothing.

So yeah forgive me if I am not optimistic about this rework. I do see some potential here, but it has plenty of things to be concerned about. 

For anybody is who is interested in a CV unicum's take on the rework, here is Fara's video where he talks about the rework.

There is also a part 1, but that is more of a rant video so I won't link that. Although I totally agree with what he said there.

Sign in to follow this