You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Most DD players are bad

44 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

My Yamato is my favourite ship, so I play it a lot in random battles. I like being the most important ship in the game, and like in history, the role of all the destroyers and cruisers around me is to support me and my big guns. 

But what I find is that I can't achieve my average damage per game of 50,000 because the destroyers on my team cannot keep the enemy spotted! They keep dying! They always get killed by the Worcesters and the Minotaurs because they could not spot them for long enough (around 10 minutes) so that i can hit them with a shell!

I tell my DDs - my ship can shoot from 24km, so I make use of all that range.  Keep those enemies spotted and I will hit them with impunity. We are pretty much invincible if I shoot from far away - if they can't kill me, the enemy can never win.

The job of the DD is to spot enemies - why can't these DDs just be smart and spot the Worcesters and MInotaurs without being counter detected? A bit stupid really. None of them can do their job properly. I will easily become the best destroyer if I played, but I don't play though - it is too far below my skill level. Skillful players like me only play battleships. 

Everyone knows that the battleship must keep as much of its health as possible because it needs to be the last ship left in the game to win the game. A useless battleship is a dead battleship...the rest of the team should be dedicated to keeping me alive to I can hit the game-winning shots. 

So please explain to me - why are DD players always so terrible?

#whysoserious

Edited by LordTyphoon

312 posts
4,076 battles
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

The job of the DD is to spot enemies - why can't these DDs just be smart and spot the Worcesters and MInotaurs without being counter detected?

If you wanna know why, then play high tier DD first. 

I will easily become the best destroyer if I played

Don't expect you will become so expert although you trained so well in a DD.

And I found that your thread id sarcastic. Why? because you are a unicum. How the hell you didn't know anything about radar?

People really like to complain don't they?

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

It because us DD players enjoy life.

And you only live once...So cap rush, here we come.

As for the spotting the enemy, up till now I thought my job was to attract cruiser fire. Oh, and the other task is to always ensure I get spotted myself.

and like in history,

Us DD players also like to re-enact history. We like to emulate all those famous DDs you hear about that won the battles and survived.

Personally, I learn my skills from watching old episodes of McHales Navy.

1,126 posts

sorry,

I forget that I can spot those from 9 km away and if I play smart their 10km radar can't harm me.

oh yeah, I also forget that I can see them through island and avoid their god-eyes embush as well...

sorryy~~~~~ Im so so bad DD

:D

seriously, radar is basicly a official cheat program.

(imagin WG implement official aim bot as consumable that active for 30 - 50 sec with 120 cool down)

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Wait, I'm like you too!! I also play Yamato... Wait Conqueror mostly. Yeah one of the stupid DDs yolod in those pointless circle shaped areas, and I saw a Minotaur shooting him.. some times a Wooster or DM... But I'll be honest with ya, my job is to deal damage, that enemy Yamato in the back is sitting still, I can guarantee a huge hit on him...

Besides, that Mino, dm,  or Wooster wasn't shooting me, come on, I'm not stupid, there is no point in drawing more attention. It's DDs problem, he should deal with it. I don't want to lose focus from my target far back, I stay zoomed on to him to closely observe if he is trying to dodge..

I will do 300k damage every game, but the pathetic team always get killed... I do all these damage and all these medals... Still lose cause team too bad... Every game I'm top exp... Especially in ranked!! I set fire on every battleship, I raost them for 20 minutes. Cruiers do not give me much damage, more reasons to keep focus on enemy BBs.

Why should I be tanking, well, I can agree to tank 1/12th of incoming damage, but my main job is to deal damage. I cannot do everything, right? Hurr Durr BBs must tank.. why take damage when you can NOT take damage at all.

Then I div with two more pro like me.. come on... Isn't playing in division auto win as one super unicum once said? Team so bad.... And at the end of the match, they accuse me for botting... Well, I'm so good that I often look like AI to you guys, get this straight.

Sorry but you DD and ca players need to learn.

Edited by icy_phoenix

56 posts
8,352 battles

Try to play best effort to get a win

>snipe/farm dmg (my spot dmg rolling)

get lose cuz no one push cap

>yes that cap already clear asF

back to port

1 compliments but karma not up

Understandable, have a nice day.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles
37 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Wait, I'm like you too!! I also play Yamato... Wait Conqueror mostly. Yeah one of the stupid DDs yolod in those pointless circle shaped areas, and I saw a Minotaur shooting him.. some times a Wooster or DM... But I'll be honest with ya, my job is to deal damage, that enemy Yamato in the back is sitting still, I can guarantee a huge hit on him...

Besides, that Mino, dm,  or Wooster wasn't shooting me, come on, I'm not stupid, there is no point in drawing more attention. It's DDs problem, he should deal with it. I don't want to lose focus from my target far back, I stay zoomed on to him to closely observe if he is trying to dodge..

I will do 300k damage every game, but the pathetic team always get killed... I do all these damage and all these medals... Still lose cause team too bad... Every game I'm top exp... Especially in ranked!! I set fire on every battleship, I raost them for 20 minutes. Cruiers do not give me much damage, more reasons to keep focus on enemy BBs.

Why should I be tanking, well, I can agree to tank 1/12th of incoming damage, but my main job is to deal damage. I cannot do everything, right? Hurr Durr BBs must tank.. why take damage when you can NOT take damage at all.

Then I div with two more pro like me.. come on... Isn't playing in division auto win as one super unicum once said? Team so bad.... And at the end of the match, they accuse me for botting... Well, I'm so good that I often look like AI to you guys, get this straight.

Sorry but you DD and ca players need to learn.

Sarcasm in 2018. The mindset of the mass :Smile_sceptic:. No wonder we tomatoes are cheaper than eggplants. "The EXPENDABLES"

Lets wait till this game embrace realism tm and have DD:BB ratio like 4:1 and see how anyone continue to complain.

3 posts
9,956 battles

DDs nowadays is just so bad ...

Can't use the full strength in muh GLORIUS YAMATO becuz our DD always did no spotting and sank for no reason  .

403295315685539852.png

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Because enemy Radar are wider than DD concealment.
1~3km try to escape the radar detection is like seeing a Lion in a Zoo and suddenly the glass cage are gone *poof.
5b96c9cca65f8_DDRADAR.jpg.626116601e4d29c9ddf0ad1adedd4d34.jpg
Not to mention it's T10 matches, where almost everybody got top skilled shoot accuracy and some CA have fast reload skill.

1,011 posts
7,464 battles
13 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

#whysoserious

I guess that means the entire post is some form of satire?

The sad thing is that enough battleship players seem to think like the OP = sniping from the back and the "team" is there to spot for them.

[R-A-N]
Beta Tester
11 posts
4,044 battles

Trying to cap on Akizuki, no smoke. Suddenly I got spotted and a wild Des Moines appeared... start shooting me.

Retreat boys! Tried to find a temporary cover behind island.

Friendly Missouri shot me for almost 6k. "Do your job" said.

I spent the whole game behind him.

344 posts
7,075 battles
1 hour ago, HS_Velos said:

Friendly Missouri shot me for almost 6k. "Do your job" said.

I've been sunk before in DD by spastic BB because I wasn't playing DD how he thought I should lol. 

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Wait. is this is a bait !!!!???

Well my typical DD mentality 

>Play ZKMS

>See 4 radar ship in enemy team, half of their DD is gunbottle

>see uncap base

> my mind: "Don't try it"

>My heart: "Just do it"

3 minute later

......????

>Profit?

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,771 battles

As a DD captain, I'm really glad the OP started this thread.  As he mentioned, the BB captains are the most important players in any battle, since they have the biggest ships and guns, and keeping them from taking damage is really a key to playing DD's well.  I know I always try to get to the cap as soon as possible, just in case the BB's are spotted and someone actually shoots at them (hopefully they've started properly by going full astern as soon as they load in to minimise the risk).  I then make sure I go straight in, if I'm doing my job properly I'm well ahead of my team, thus making sure they will be safe, and I should get spotted pretty quickly so everyone starts shooting at me.  

Often I die pretty quickly after this, but I urge all DD captains not to be discouraged if this happens - just remember those salvos that killed you could have been aimed at the BB instead, and by protecting the BB by taking those salvos yourself you have gone a long way to winning the game for your team.  Remember you're only a tiny ship compared to them, maybe a tenth the size, so clearly they are 10 times more important than you.  This is also why you should remember to always fire at the enemy BB's and not the DD's, since the DD's are pretty irrelevant in comparison.  This is also why it's fine if one BB shell removes a third of your health bar - you're just a tiny ship and those shells are huge!  Compare it to if you fired a bullet at a tin can, it's not like the can would just have a hole going in and another going out, no the can would be shredded into a hundred pieces!  It may even explode!

Sometimes I feel a bit of 'DD guilt' about taking out a DD instead of a BB, but I tried to sail a BB a few times and messed it up entirely.  I ended up playing it like a DD and moving toward the caps early, but the other team fired at me instead of the DD's so obviously it was a complete disaster. If you struggle in the big ships like me, just remember that the easy mode of the game is DD's - 'simple ships, simple game' is a good motto for a DD captain to live by.

344 posts
7,075 battles
2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

As a DD captain, I'm really glad the OP started this thread.  As he mentioned, the BB captains are the most important players in any battle, since they have the biggest ships and guns, and keeping them from taking damage is really a key to playing DD's well.  I know I always try to get to the cap as soon as possible, just in case the BB's are spotted and someone actually shoots at them (hopefully they've started properly by going full astern as soon as they load in to minimise the risk).  I then make sure I go straight in, if I'm doing my job properly I'm well ahead of my team, thus making sure they will be safe, and I should get spotted pretty quickly so everyone starts shooting at me.  

Often I die pretty quickly after this, but I urge all DD captains not to be discouraged if this happens - just remember those salvos that killed you could have been aimed at the BB instead, and by protecting the BB by taking those salvos yourself you have gone a long way to winning the game for your team.  Remember you're only a tiny ship compared to them, maybe a tenth the size, so clearly they are 10 times more important than you.  This is also why you should remember to always fire at the enemy BB's and not the DD's, since the DD's are pretty irrelevant in comparison.  This is also why it's fine if one BB shell removes a third of your health bar - you're just a tiny ship and those shells are huge!  Compare it to if you fired a bullet at a tin can, it's not like the can would just have a hole going in and another going out, no the can would be shredded into a hundred pieces!  It may even explode!

Sometimes I feel a bit of 'DD guilt' about taking out a DD instead of a BB, but I tried to sail a BB a few times and messed it up entirely.  I ended up playing it like a DD and moving toward the caps early, but the other team fired at me instead of the DD's so obviously it was a complete disaster. If you struggle in the big ships like me, just remember that the easy mode of the game is DD's - 'simple ships, simple game' is a good motto for a DD captain to live by.

This almost sounds exactly like what I see in ranked hahaha