Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
darkflame88

I was under the impression this had left WoWs

13 comments in this topic

154 posts
4,084 battles

I recently started replaying WoWs again and for the most part everything has been relatively okay. However I'm starting to think that some of the old vitriol is coming back. Namely in the form of Racism and discrimination.

I am well aware that it is not allowed nor condoned by WG but is there a way for the chat filter to pick up if a derogatory word is used and penalise the user for it.

For the latest example, I just managed to capture it, my team was losing badly, I was left in my Zao defending against a Montana, Hindenburg, Yugumo and another Zao with a Kraken. At the very end of the game a chat message popped up from an allied Montana that got itself sunk about halfway through the game.

5b93562288a57_WoWScensored.thumb.png.647c0024d3a1328dc9118e058d3a4213.png

Is there anyway for WG to at the very least force a chat ban through the chat system itself?

89 posts
6,437 battles

From what i understand the Moderators do pick things like this up & place Sanction on the player.:Smile_izmena:

Its good to see that you will place this in the forum for all to see & hope that the person involved will see`s it as well.:Smile_hiding:

Maybe putting a ticket in with the picture will help is some way maybe speeding things up  

154 posts
4,084 battles
12 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I am pretty sure that won't count as sanctionable offense. You still can poke a game moderator, but that's not really offensive.

True, at least it's not as offensive as some of the things I've been called by players in the past, but nevertheless, if the use of that word is banned in the forums, shouldn't it also be banned in the game as well?

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
6 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

True, at least it's not as offensive as some of the things I've been called by players in the past, but nevertheless, if the use of that word is banned in the forums, shouldn't it also be banned in the game as well?

Yeah, this is what I got last night while testing Jean Bart

chat_p1.JPG.6b950abae3939746c6b1411e9e7a3024.JPG

chat_p2.JPG.14acd18ba0c44a9b91435db50de68011.JPG

And I am not sure that this guy will get sanctioned.

What's funny, we won, and he was #3 from bottom.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
659 posts
8,326 battles

Censorship/chat bans/etc seem random in this game and things that ACTUALLY affect the game seem to go overlooked (AFK for example).

I burnt down a Scharnhorst in my old T6 Cleve one battle a while back. Didn't know it was a mod. After I died I stayed in chat and joined in some fairly ribald chat about this and that.

People were joking about stuff, not having a go at each other - just being a bit... ribald...

Anyway, the mod lurked in the post game chat and chat banned me for making a joke about injuring my OWN body part... I wasn't even insulting or having a go at anyone else...

I'm not saying someone with power in the game was salty about being burned down in his wallet warrior ship and lurked in post death chat to see if he could have some revenge but what do I know?

Beta Tester
659 posts
8,326 battles
8 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

LOL, I'm guessing you were ahead on points and waiting for game to time out and he was trying to bait you out?

154 posts
4,084 battles
13 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Interesting, nearly as bad as when I got called a pedo and then after I sank them that player that called me a necrophile. Never blacklisted a player faster.

Edited by darkflame88

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
4 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

LOL, I'm guessing you were ahead on points and waiting for game to time out and he was trying to bait you out?

Nah, we were far behind, he was one of those players who never learns game mechanics. Why would I fight in the open when I can use an island cover, especially when low hp and need kills to win instead of acting like a hero and losing the game.

Beta Tester
659 posts
8,326 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Nah, we were far behind, he was one of those players who never learns game mechanics. Why would I fight in the open when I can use an island cover, especially when low hp and need kills to win instead of acting like a hero and losing the game.

K.

On a side note, yeah, when people complain about "terrible US shell trajectory" I'm like - "Yeah, I can shoot from behind many islands, that's right".

590 posts
2,995 battles
On 08/09/2018 at 2:32 PM, darkflame88 said:

I recently started replaying WoWs again and for the most part everything has been relatively okay. However I'm starting to think that some of the old vitriol is coming back. Namely in the form of Racism and discrimination.

I am well aware that it is not allowed nor condoned by WG but is there a way for the chat filter to pick up if a derogatory word is used and penalise the user for it.

For the latest example, I just managed to capture it, my team was losing badly, I was left in my Zao defending against a Montana, Hindenburg, Yugumo and another Zao with a Kraken. At the very end of the game a chat message popped up from an allied Montana that got itself sunk about halfway through the game.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5eimageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5eimageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5eimageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5e5b93562288a57_WoWScensored.thumb.png.647c0024d3a1328dc9118e058d3a4213.png

Is there anyway for WG to at the very least force a chat ban through the chat system itself?

Short answer- Yes, we can chat ban in game and out of game. 

Long answer- A little more complicated, we have tools to be able to see what a person is saying, but if we don't know about it then we can't action. So - like always, if there is an issue of someone doing the above,
pm myself or one of the other Mods, provide the screenshot and replay to us. We will then take the appropriate action

Also if enough players mark that player as using offensive language, the system will chat ban him as well.

590 posts
2,995 battles
On 08/09/2018 at 4:00 PM, icy_phoenix said:

Icy, you know what to do - send me the details

237 posts
5,804 battles

I just don’t understand this behaviour.

I can and will complain about players actual game performance. But only if i’m reasonably certain they didn’t have a good reason, such as a full HP BB camping near the back, or a DD that’s about as far away from the action as possible, and if i’m Sure that I haven’t been playing badly myself.

But that’s always about the actual play style, not attacks on the actual player, such things seem counterproductive.

Sign in to follow this