Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RimauLaut

Triple Bonus from Wargaming

45 comments in this topic

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/triple-bonus/

It means if I once before bought some doubloons (last year) I am not qualified for it right? Any Mod or official from WG please confirm this. Because that was what I understand when I read the news. 

Was thinking to purchase some using Molpoint but luckily I read and re-read. (I am bad at understanding english)

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
3 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

yes, if you have bought anything from premium shop before this offer you are not qualified

big slap on the face for us long time players :Smile_facepalm:

Yup seems like they dont want more from us long time players haha. I guess they are too rich already..so nevermind.

4 posts
2,791 battles

I originally read it to mean only first purchase during the bonus period (incentivising large purchase rather than multiple small ones). 

Why would the make it only for ppl who have never bought anything?

Edited by Goodie999

159 posts
5,676 battles

I'm annoyed at it too. when I saw that, I was about to open my wallet then read the fine print. When will WG give us some decent incentives for existing players? @icy_phoenix past purchases? one can only dream!

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles
1 hour ago, Goodie999 said:

I originally read it to mean only first purchase during the bonus period (incentivising large purchase rather than multiple small ones). 

Why would the make it only for ppl who have never bought anything?

To encourage growth.    An incentive to people who are already purchasing does not expand your market.

243 posts
5,809 battles

Blatant attempt by WG to encourage newer players to spend.

Would be nice if they had some sort of loyalty bonus for older players, or gave us discounts if we don’t purchase anything in, like, say, 6 months. But I suppose that would be too exploitable. At the end of the day, they re trying to make money.

360 posts
3,693 battles

Its really ok with me. They don't care about old players. Wg is too rich to care about your few bucks. I will just spent my money somewhere else. 

Edited by th3vikings

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles

This annoys me.

I have spent a few dollars on this game - more than some, less than others - but this offer annoys me.

Plenty of other games I play that have a F2P mode but with micros still reward people who have bought expansions and/or spent real money already.

One of the larger MMO's that I play sometimes does this all the time - in their in game store there are occasionally giveway items for financial supporters that might be the equivalent of 10-20 real world bucks.

This seems a bit annoying and rude to people who have supported the game for several years now.

It's disappointing.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Well, these offers are given to encourage people who never spent anything in the game to spend money. Should not annoy you. It's like saying I'm annoyed with Microsoft cause some grad student got a job there but I didn't.

Let's just hope that we get some good offers too.

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles
2 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well, these offers are given to encourage people who never spent anything in the game to spend money. Should not annoy you. It's like saying I'm annoyed with Microsoft cause some grad student got a job there but I didn't.

Let's just hope that we get some good offers too.

I understand that. Of course I do. Marketing is marketing. People need sales to keep their job whatever it is, be that selling milk or making video games. Of course I understand this.

Not really sure you can tell someone what their emotional reaction to a given stimulus should be though. I can simultaneous understand the logic of and reasons for a situation and still react negatively to it.

Like if I trip over and hurt myself I understand that gravity is a thing - but I'm still not happy that I tripped.

I disagree with your simile about someone getting a job.

I think it's more like drinking at your favourite pub when new people come in and the bartender says, "Welcome new people! Your first drink is half price!" and when you ask if you, as a regular, might also get one drink for half price the bartender says, "why would I do that? I already get your money!"

But sure, I will wait and see if there is any follow up offer that's available to everyone. I hope that too.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
2 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

it's more like drinking at your favourite pub when new people come in and the bartender says, "Welcome new people! Your first drink is half price!" and when you ask if you, as a regular, might also get one drink for half price the bartender says, "why would I do that? I already get your money!"

That's actually a good analogy, I'll give you that.

:cap_like:

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles

I guess it just gets on my goat right now because I have been slowly buying a little bit of premium time and doubloons as I can afford it because I really want Scharnhorst and I'm about 1.3k doubloons short of a new shiny.

A little anniversary bonus would have been nice.

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles

*sniff*

So what do I do in 53 minutes?

Give more money to a company who doesn't appreciate loyalty?

Or go play a different game that I KNOW does?

First world problems.

sniff.jpg

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,623 battles

very boring with this update, download 1.7GB what can I feel or touch it?

Movies: bought a ticket and watched The Nun >> done

Musics: dug some old music >> oh yeah

WOWS << omg what the hell, nothing nothing special :fish_panic:

Edited by MatterCore

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles
4 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

very boring with this update, download 1.7GB what can I feel or touch it?

Movies: bought a ticket and watched The Nun >> done

Musics: dug some old music >> oh yeah

WOWS << omg what the hell, nothing nothing special :fish_panic:

Nun any good?

Does it fit in with the other movies in that series?

683 posts
7,335 battles

Yeah, I felt something same like Max_Battle felt, understood what WG wanna achieve, but kinda get annoyed by it.

But last 2 years during the Anniversary they had rewarded players based on total battles played and number of tier 10 ships.. wonder will it be the same this year :fish_cute_2:

Edit:correct typo

Edited by Darkworld_2015

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles
2 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I was about to buy Dasha pack... Suddenly the tab switched :cap_win: I think I got better stuff.

Hide contents

IMG_20180907_131155.thumb.jpg.4c1cefb90ce165153c8599f09aad097c.jpg

Yeeup.

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,623 battles
29 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Nun any good?

Does it fit in with the other movies in that series?

spin off from The Conjuring, u should try

Sign in to follow this