You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

Darn! Cyclone + Radar are completely broken

7 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

just happen last match

me (shimakaze), friendly zao and Montana try to protect middle cap

enemy Worcester, Seattle and Missouri approaching

....and cyclone kick in

our 'vision range' reduce to 8 kilometer

BUT!

radar icon popup and those three openly fire at us like.... freely undetected!

radar made them see us from 10km away and open fire at us, but we can't see them!

they outside 8 km vision range!!

it completely one-sided! 

when radar icon disappear, few second later another radar pop up and they happily obliterate us freely again

you all know how many shell those ship can put out during those radar time, and at least 2 of them are synchronous they radar time.

3 of us melt in few minute without any way to counter it at all!

are WG sure that this is 'working as intended' ??? 

only option for non-radar ship in cyclone is to hide till it pass?

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

Yeah we have been using this technique in cyclone since.... idk, the beginning. You are the first one who mentioned. Finally. :D At least its only for the ship using radar, not the whole team if none is within 8 km.

Edited by icy_phoenix

115 posts
2,630 battles

The only imbalance I see is if your team did not have radar ships in the first place. If there were, but they died already (and the enemy still had many of them) then it was your team's failure.

Cyclones are announced so early before they come during a match, and knowing this cyclone-radar mechanics, since the announcement, radar ships had become more valuable and it was your team's responsibility to ensure their longetivity (or to prioritize killing off enemy radar ships).

Edited by zergling_
Edited for clarity

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

I think that is acceptable..radar dont last long..plus there is a reason why there is  a module upgrade which increase detection. Its very not popular tho..cyclone dont always happen.

Personally, I think that is normal..compared to what PANTS did to my team. 1 division of 3 kitakaze, went together to A cap, they switch between spotting and smoking.. and obliterate almost everything in that battle. The first dd down we already sense o oh.. why 3 of their dd went 1 place? By the time they reach B half of our team gone. When they reach me from my back.. i just gave up. Fine shoot me.. i need a new battle. That is 1 hopeless battle for me. Gratz to those 3(Pants) but I think WG will soon nerf those :) I am not asking for nerf..(I am on my way to research those nice boats) but I think it will happen.

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
4 hours ago, PGM991 said:

only option for non-radar ship in cyclone is to hide till it pass?

The players of those three ships would not complain the game is broken. They would congratulate each other on good tactics and good use of resources like radar.

I’m impressed they alternated radar, this means there was communication and cooperation, which is so rare in the game.

With this combination of ships, you had the choice. Seeing those ships approach and a cyclone move in, you could run for your life or stay and die.

112 posts
2,960 battles

I'm not surprised when there is a huge proportion of games where the shooters of the team continue to target BBs and not switch to priority targets like radar ships when they are spotted.

That feeling of "oh yeah baby!" when your team instantly switches to tear huge chunks out of the radar and DDs as soon as they are spotted. vs "here we go again..." and the spamming of "I need intellience information!" and "DD SPOT" when there is a lit cruiser at 9km and they keep shooting at the BB at 17km.

I had a game last night which had the most amazing teamwork I have ever been part of. 12 - 0 whitewash. I have not seen focus fire like that in a pubbie match ever.

245 posts
5,809 battles

Sounds like good teamwork and coordination on behalf of the enemy team.

You don’t see teamwork that often in randoms, so it seems totally unfair when it is used.

That said, it is both unfortunate and surprising that you came across 3 radar ships at that point, they are usually more spread out across the map and get picked off early. But if they were a division, then you were probably doomed from the start.