Jump to content
Area51P41

Juliet Charlie Signal

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
89 posts
6,458 battles

So I put the Signal Juliet Charlie on my DD for Rank Battles & in battle my Torps Detonated. So is this a bug or an i not reading this right.

I put in a picture to show that the signal is on & a picture to show that it Detonated.

 

 

shot-18_09.04_18_33.53-0640.thumb.jpg.342660fc723ffac4d202a8bde4b5e154.jpgshot-18_09.04_19_44.26-0794.thumb.jpg.0534344ebd1023652ac500391fb62afc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
245 posts
5,809 battles

Detonation is an occurrence where a shell penetrates your ammo bunker and causes your ship to explode in instant death.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detonation

As of update 0.7.2 this can only happen if your health is lower than 75%, meaning even a battleship on 70% health could die in an instant due to a lucky shot.

The Juliet Charlie signed basically negates this.

What you show in the screenshot is not a detonation, you are still alive. This is merely a torpedo tube disable. In convenient, but you are still alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,174 posts
10,495 battles

No no no no.......

Let me actually digest it in.... HE ACTUALLY SAYS TORPS DETONATED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA... LIKE HE ACTUALLY SAYS TORPS DETO!!

It is Torpedo tubes.... and they are not detonated.... they are incapacitated which obviously can be repaired BUT!!!!!! STILL HE ACTUALLY MADE A POST ABOUT JULIET CHARLIE AND HIS TUBES BEING INCAPACITATED!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

FUNNY SH....... FUNNY SHOW.... um...

please tell me this is troll post.... or I'll die laughing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
245 posts
345 battles

I think :cap_yes:  what you are trying to say is "My Torps got critically damaged" mate. 

A shell can detonate inside your ship but not torpedo launcher 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles
13 hours ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

No no no no.......

Let me actually digest it in.... HE ACTUALLY SAYS TORPS DETONATED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA... LIKE HE ACTUALLY SAYS TORPS DETO!!

It is Torpedo tubes.... and they are not detonated.... they are incapacitated which obviously can be repaired BUT!!!!!! STILL HE ACTUALLY MADE A POST ABOUT JULIET CHARLIE AND HIS TUBES BEING INCAPACITATED!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

FUNNY SH....... FUNNY SHOW.... um...

please tell me this is troll post.... or I'll die laughing...

Just because something is obvious to you doesn't mean that it's obvious to everyone else.  One of the negatives of this game is that there is very little to tell you in game about the main mechanics, and it's a game that looks very simple on the outside but is not actually simple at all.  Fortunately they are trying to educate people with the 'how it works' series, but even so many players would sadly have no concept of how many aspects of the game work.

Perhaps educating a player when they ask what you think is a stupid question and pointing them in a direction to improve their knowledge would be more constructive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
89 posts
6,458 battles

Well its good to see we have players in the game who love to troll the forum & belittle players who  ask a question. Two player both from the same clan doing the same thing.

You are quick to police the game when you think some one is a bot but when you use a form of bulling in the forum that is ok by you.

As for the signal the picture i showed was a EG : I think you should look at your self before putting players down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,174 posts
10,495 battles
3 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Just because something is obvious to you doesn't mean that it's obvious to everyone else.  One of the negatives of this game is that there is very little to tell you in game about the main mechanics, and it's a game that looks very simple on the outside but is not actually simple at all.  Fortunately they are trying to educate people with the 'how it works' series, but even so many players would sadly have no concept of how many aspects of the game work.

Perhaps educating a player when they ask what you think is a stupid question and pointing them in a direction to improve their knowledge would be more constructive.

He should have got that question way before he had got shimakaze.. so stop trying to backing him up where he doesn't need and help him where he needs it.. why concentrate on my post instead? hypocrite..

And if you can't see what I actually said I'll quote it again and make it bold for you to read

 

16 hours ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

It is Torpedo tubes.... and they are not detonated.... they are incapacitated which obviously can be repaired

 

So you didn't see this part.. huh? 
 

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,174 posts
10,495 battles
3 hours ago, Area51P41 said:

Well its good to see we have players in the game who love to troll the forum & belittle players who  ask a question. Two player both from the same clan doing the same thing.

You are quick to police the game when you think some one is a bot but when you use a form of bulling in the forum that is ok by you.

As for the signal the picture i showed was a EG : I think you should look at your self before putting players down


3QOhHMO.jpg

Is it too hard to read or is it Greek and Latin for you? Clearly says Eliminates the risk of your SHIP'S magazine detonation...

Juliet Charlie is like the most common flag among DD mains and cruiser mains apparently you don't know how it works even after getting to shima... and you feel bullied?? just tell me is it the first time that happened? or did you just some how magically got to shima without having to grind lower tier DDs?

Oh wait you used it for example... then what is your point exactly?

If you don't remember what you said let me quote you again...

 

23 hours ago, Area51P41 said:

So I put the Signal Juliet Charlie on my DD for Rank Battles & in battle my Torps Detonated. So is this a bug or an i not reading this right.

I put in a picture to show that the signal is on & a picture to show that it Detonated.imageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5e

 

 

shot-18_09.04_18_33.53-0640.thumb.jpg.342660fc723ffac4d202a8bde4b5e154.jpgshot-18_09.04_19_44.26-0794.thumb.jpg.0534344ebd1023652ac500391fb62afc.jpg

I put in a picture to show that the signal is on & a picture to show that it Detonated. What exactly you mean by this? If You used the signal picture as an example?

And I say this again nothing detonated in whatever screenshot you've posted.. It was incapacitated...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles
30 minutes ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

He should have got that question way before he had got shimakaze.. so stop trying to backing him up where he doesn't need and help him where he needs it.. why concentrate on my post instead? hypocrite..

I didn't need to help him, there were a couple of quite informative and helpful posts above that gave all the information the OP needed.  You looked like you needed a bit of help in how to communicate with other humans however.  You're welcome.

 

And if you can't see what I actually said I'll quote it again and make it bold for you to read
So you didn't see this part.. huh?

Oh I see, you were clearly being helpful, how could I miss that wonderful informative post there.  Possibly it was a bit hard to see this through your superiority complex. 

Perhaps you might be better served leaving the 'helpful' posts to people who are aware of how to express themselves constructively in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,174 posts
10,495 battles
7 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I didn't need to help him, there were a couple of quite informative and helpful posts above that gave all the information the OP needed.  You looked like you needed a bit of help in how to communicate with other humans however.  You're welcome.

 

Oh I see, you were clearly being helpful, how could I miss that wonderful informative post there.  Possibly it was a bit hard to see this through your superiority complex. 

Perhaps you might be better served leaving the 'helpful' posts to people who are aware of how to express themselves constructively in the future.

Perhaps you need to read the whole thing before saying something?

Talking about me being helpful or not, you made 2 posts and still no use to the main topic... maybe you need to think about your choices of time spending...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
4 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Just because something is obvious to you doesn't mean that it's obvious to everyone else.  One of the negatives of this game is that there is very little to tell you in game about the main mechanics, and it's a game that looks very simple on the outside but is not actually simple at all.  Fortunately they are trying to educate people with the 'how it works' series, but even so many players would sadly have no concept of how many aspects of the game work.

Perhaps educating a player when they ask what you think is a stupid question and pointing them in a direction to improve their knowledge would be more constructive.

 

4 hours ago, Area51P41 said:

Well its good to see we have players in the game who love to troll the forum & belittle players who  ask a question. Two player both from the same clan doing the same thing.

You are quick to police the game when you think some one is a bot but when you use a form of bulling in the forum that is ok by you.

As for the signal the picture i showed was a EG : I think you should look at your self before putting players down

I have a very simple and logical questions:

Getting a Shima takes a long time and effort. What did you learn on the way? There is no way this happened to you for the first time.

Hey no skipping around the question, no side talks, just answer the damn question and I take my previous pun back, I will even let you slap me virtually. But answer the question.

Actually I wanna ask it to 99% Shimakaze players in wows. What did you learn on your way, wasn't there enough time? I know getting T10 in IJN DD line takes way longer than any other line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

@Moggytwo, I don't see what's the problem here, his questions were already answered, so there was no point in answering it for 3rd time. And this is "General" section, not "New Comers" area. We have rights to wonder how a tier 10 player may come to this situation. All of you make fun about sharkbait when he posts something much smarter than this... No one used any foul words or direct insult, at least not me. He is now playing a victim and you are now acting like a white knight when your input was nothing related to the topic either.

Having sympathy is a nice thing, but sugar coating everything is unnecessary.

Hate me all you want mate, but as a long time forum user, you know we do answer perfectly valid questions, sometimes we just can't help based on the context. And I am not sorry for that.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

@Moggytwo, I don't see what's the problem here, his questions were already answered, so there was no point in answering it for 3rd time. And this is "General" section, not "New Comers" area. We have rights to wonder how a tier 10 player may come to this situation. All of you make fun about sharkbait when he posts something much smarter than this... No one used any foul words or direct insult, at least not me. He is now playing a victim and you are now acting like a white knight when your input was nothing related to the topic either.

Having sympathy is a nice thing, but sugar coating everything is unnecessary.

Hate me all you want mate, but as a long time forum user, you know we do answer perfectly valid questions, sometimes we just can't help based on the context. And I am not sorry for that.

If all you do is play the game and don't look for info outside the game, it's actually very difficult to learn the information that most of us take for granted.  You could easily play thousands of battles and not know the basics of the game like HE and AP shell mechanics, concealment mechanics etc, that is info necessary to be successful at the game.  The game itself does a very poor job of telling you this information, and that's the fault of WG rather than the player.  They are trying to improve this through recently released information videos, but it really should be a lot more obvious in game why things happen and how.

Given that, I find it hard to blame players when they have played the game for a long time and still don't know basic stuff.  After all, many of us want to be successful at the game and take enjoyment from that, and as part of that try and learn all we can from all available sources, but that doesn't make us any better as people than someone who just wants to log on for a few games each night and relax by doing something fun.  The OP is actually trying to improve their understanding of the game by asking questions, clearly this is something that more players should be encouraged to do!  I guarantee there are players who have read this thread who also didn't know about the detonation mechanics, but are now informed thanks to the OP and the constructive replies that some gave.

So when people make fun of players who post asking questions about things they don't understand, they are actively increasing the general ignorance of the population by discouraging others from asking questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

This forum can certainly be a harsh place.

But this is a war game. Games involving combat obviously attract personality types that are prone to one-up-man-ship and conflict.

Area51P41, you inadvertently stumbled into this.

Your post is a great example of how players can make it to the higher levels without the knowledge necessary to fully understand the game...

It's good that you came to the forum to ask. This is a good place to gain knowledge. Thousands of people play WoWs, but it always the same 25 people on this forum- so many players miss out on knowledge and the lulz.

How much better would the game be for everybody if many more players came here to ask the simple questions?  If you don't ask, you'll never know.

 

So ask away - there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,848 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

If all you do is play the game and don't look for info outside the game, it's actually very difficult to learn the information that most of us take for granted.  You could easily play thousands of battles and not know the basics of the game like HE and AP shell mechanics, concealment mechanics etc, that is info necessary to be successful at the game.  The game itself does a very poor job of telling you this information, and that's the fault of WG rather than the player.  They are trying to improve this through recently released information videos, but it really should be a lot more obvious in game why things happen and how.

So much this. Which is why I have been lobbying for better in-game tutorials. Zoup made a video about this recently and Fara also mentioned this in his first response video on the CV rework - part of the reason why nobody played CVs is WG did not bother at all to teach new players on how to use what is arguably the most complex and different class in the game.

I recently watched a video where a Shimakaze was telling a Minotaur to shoot HE in Ranked. At first I sniggered, but then I thought about it a bit more and realised I couldn't really blame him. Unless the Shimakaze player had grinded the British CL line himself, how was he to know that British CLs did not have HE? Apart from checking the ships' stats in port and noticing that HE shell stats were missing. But with about 20 lines and sub-branches of BBs, CLs, CAs and DDs currently in the game, how was he to know that 1 line out of that number did not have HE? Anybody would have assumed that all lines would have HE shells.

Edited by Thyaliad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
534 posts
On 2018/9/5 at 2:58 PM, Area51P41 said:

So I put the Signal Juliet Charlie on my DD for Rank Battles & in battle my Torps Detonated. So is this a bug or an i not reading this right.

I put in a picture to show that the signal is on & a picture to show that it Detonated.imageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5e

 

 

shot-18_09.04_18_33.53-0640.thumb.jpg.342660fc723ffac4d202a8bde4b5e154.jpgshot-18_09.04_19_44.26-0794.thumb.jpg.0534344ebd1023652ac500391fb62afc.jpg

incapacitated≠detonated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×