You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PeterMoe1963

How to earn

12 comments in this topic

1,028 posts
7,503 battles

In the recent announcement of the revised Operation Dynamo, there is this image:

image.png.6fd6257613a1547ee9629274571e182e.png

Now, that's not a Heinkel 111, Ju 88 or Do 17, which have been the most common Luftwaffe two engine planes.

Anyone knows what those are? Just WG's imagination?

image.png

Beta Tester
812 posts
8,715 battles
21 hours ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

Sometimes really admire you all for able to recognise those amazing planes/tanks/ships etc... :cap_like:

For me, many hours poring over World War II books in the library at school in lunch hour and making many scale models as a kid.

683 posts
7,367 battles
On 9/9/2018 at 12:31 PM, Max_Battle said:

For me, many hours poring over World War II books in the library at school in lunch hour and making many scale models as a kid.

I was and am still too lazy for making models :cap_old: 

Back in my high school time I used to read WWII history/story books as a hobby, but back then those books were only words, with very few photo/diagram if any at all, and they were mainly in Mandarin language, making it more difficult to search all those fascinating photos on the web.

But hey, at least WOWs gives me the chance to admire those magnificent ships in detail :) 

1,028 posts
7,503 battles
3 hours ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

I was and am still too lazy for making models :cap_old: 

Back in my high school time I used to read WWII history/story books as a hobby, but back then those books were only words, with very few photo/diagram if any at all, and they were mainly in Mandarin language, making it more difficult to search all those fascinating photos on the web.

But hey, at least WOWs gives me the chance to admire those magnificent ships in detail :) 

Well, I loved building those models. Already at that tender age I was able to sit down and focus on tasks that took hours. I would even paint the face, hands, flight goggles, parachute harness and epaulettes on the little pilots, before sticking them in the cockpits. Those guys are about 20mm in height and today I wouldn’t have the eye-sight for that, ahaha.

I also did a fair bit of reading, but mainly on the European theatre air war, I never knew much about the other theatres.

In port, I can spend a fair bit of time turning and checking out the ships.