You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shifty_Panzer

German Line Discount

17 comments in this topic

243 posts
345 battles

Since the German cruiser line is having a discount, im currently playing German cruisers. Im taking a break from playing BB too, so i thought playing cruisers is a great idea. :cap_like: I would appreciate if you guys could give me tricks and tips for playing cruisers.

Cheers mate :Smile_honoring:

145 posts
1,261 battles

If you want to get reported, but good stats, go 20km away from anyone and angle yourself, and spam HE.

if u dont want to get reported, bad stats, but fun game, it has lower citadel then others. (it = hipper, roon, hinden) so just drink some vodka and drive in, u got torps to throw.

Stay behind island if youre tier 1-7 because youll get citadeled from bow, side, back, everywhere.

2,217 posts
13,673 battles
11 hours ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

Since the German cruiser line is having a discount.....

Wait, what, where?

Sure it's not just your clan bonus?

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,921 battles

German CA's are weird. Unlike every other nation, their Cruisers hang back with the BB's and are highly effective shooting HE from long range. Otherwise, they explode.

That is, up until Roon, when they finally get devent armour, however, it works best to hang back and burn everything.

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,402 battles

It's not just Germans that have discount ATM. How long will discount last?

Edited by Max_Battle

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
14 hours ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

tricks and tips for playing cruisers

Hmm, cruisers, in general, that would be a long answer.

Not sure how far you are up the KM tech tree, but I can say a thing or two about those.

Up to Karlsruhe, the typical low tier ship with lots of low calibre guns. I guess you want to move through those quickly, I didn’t keep T1 to T4.

The low tier KM cruisers are quite badly armoured, easily Citadelle from any direction. Use cover, concealment, don’t drive in straight lines.

T5 Koenigsberg, T6 Nurnberg and T9 Roon have A/X/Y setup, two turrets at the back. And KM cruisers generally have good range, even outrange the KM BB’s tier for tier. You can approach concealed, then turn around and open up at the same time wiggle and increase distance. If you attract fire, stop firing and go back in concealment. You get long range guns, but at max range AP doesn’t’ do much or any damage. AP is for under 10km.

T7 York, T8 Hipper and T10 Hindenburg’s layout is like scaled down Bismarcks, ie A/B/X/Y. Just that unfortunately they also scale down the armour. So don’t play the KM cruisers like little Bismarcks.

I remember moving from Nurnberg up to York and it was frustrating. The KM cruisers generally have long range, 17.3km in York’s case. Use that to your advantage. I never like York much, but she has strong sides. She has fast reload for a heavy cruiser and fairly good concealment.

I really like Hipper, but I like Prince Eugen even more. Hipper has fast reload, Eugen has repair. Both have good AP, good range. The armour is better, but deck armour is still vulnerable. Speed and detection range, well, not so good. And Hipper will see T10 ships… like Yamatos.

T9 Roon and T10 Hindenburg are quite tough.

All KM cruiser have torps, in some cases two launchers per side. If other cruisers get close, you may be in trouble. Buf if they get closer than 6km, they are in trouble.

2,217 posts
13,673 battles
33 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Seriously where is this discount you speak of. It's not that I don't already have all the ships anyway but I'm just intrigued to know the origin of this (AFAIK) unpublished discount.

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,402 battles
8 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Seriously where is this discount you speak of. It's not that I don't already have all the ships anyway but I'm just intrigued to know the origin of this (AFAIK) unpublished discount.

Edit: Rookie mistake.

Edited by Max_Battle

[ZA]
156 posts
7,346 battles

Actually, German CA line became really good start from T8, the gun velocity and HE pen make them very good long range he spammers. AP only work when you have flat broadside, but with high base damage. Overall, most versatile of all CA line, that can kite or push well when opportunity arise.

243 posts
345 battles
5 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I hope long enough until i get my Admiral Hipster

Edit : permanent clan discount? heck yeah

Edited by Shifty_Panzer

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles
6 hours ago, sunlo2013 said:

Actually, German CA line became really good start from T8, the gun velocity and HE pen make them very good long range he spammers. AP only work when you have flat broadside, but with high base damage. Overall, most versatile of all CA line, that can kite or push well when opportunity arise.

Actually In my opinion, the whole German cruiser line is fantastic starting from Tier 3.

243 posts
345 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Actually In my opinion, the whole German cruiser line is fantastic starting from Tier 3.

Ikr, i think Kolberg is a good start for the German cruiser line.