You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Darth_Doogs

Too many Yamato's in ranked

20 comments in this topic

4 posts
4,682 battles

Is it just me or is there just too many Yamato's in ranked?

It has to be by far the most played ship once you get into the Tier X stage. I'm not complaining coz I get killed by them, just more that it would be good to see some diversity.

Every match that's a loss it is a Yamato that keeps their star because they cause the most damage, not because they play the objective.

I'm new to ranked play but find the competitive style of play quite fun, even though it's a hostile environment.

Caveat is that I haven't grinded the Jap BB line so I can't comment on the Yamato play. But from playing against them consistently it seems like a point-click-farm damage-save star.

Maybe I'm just bitching coz that rank 1 seems to be a Yamato too far.

P.S. I'm not the greatest player, just love the game and trying to have fun playing it.

146 posts
1,445 battles

Yamato is one of the most cutest anime girl as hotel manager ever built in kancolle. Aside from that her guns can punish any cruiser WITH total satisfaction. A worcester made 3 fires on you? you can throw 25+k hp out of worcester if he is angled. (if he broadsided then he will become a Nun. to spread pigeons).

If u ask why yamato, why not montana or conqueror? conqueror exp earning is slow u need to deal lot of dmg to save a star, which is easy, but easier in yamato.

in example, If two montana fights each other its basically a fight of richochets because their guns. but yamato can literally pen her. Giving yamato whole new level of advantage to save a star. its not new, its common since WG announced tier X as ranked. all youll see is yamato, hinden and conqueror. But Yamato is MOST effective when it comes to whatever u do just damage.

And yeah, legendary module, making it even more insane. just let the dev keep letting ranked be in tier X, Yamato and worcester will be the only ship people will play.

332 posts
6,060 battles

Yamato has always been popular, party due to the anime, partly due to Kancolle, partly due to its guns, and partly due to the fact it is the only T10 BB which actually existed.

Yes, I play one, yes, I have been grinding for the mod, and yes, I play it in ranked.

While I generally try to play for the objectives, rather than just farm, it still surprises me when I do comparatively little, but still top out on xp. It is a monster.

Though, even if it is damage farming, a well positioned Yamato can lock down the enemy team, and destroy cruisers. So long as they’re not afraid to move up when the situation calls for it. A bow tanking Yamato bearing down on you is something to be feared by any ship not equipped with torpedos.

Video Contributor
2,279 posts
10,896 battles

23.5% of overall :cat_cool:

plus legendary upgrade punish everything what they want

Im still playing Stalingrad in ranked anyway :crab:

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I am happy that there's a bunch of Yamatos sailing around tbh, juicy BBQ with the Wooster

Although I'd love to see more Republiques around, since they are 32mm all over and I can do 6k per salvo consistently

4 posts
4,682 battles

I can understand why it's popular, just a shame that the way ranked is set up that it encourages the use of one particular ship.

I run around in my Republique so Wooster is a priority target if I see one. In skilled hands they are devastating.

How do we find out the usage stats for all ships in ranked per server? Would be interesting to see what each region is using and their success rate.

[LNA]
1,696 posts
10,543 battles

Why not counter pick Conkek , most of the time , Conkek can 1 v 3 BB due to the pyro phobia most have :Smile_teethhappy:.

Edited by legionary2099

381 posts
9,976 battles

Conqueror is actually one of the worse pick if the opposing team has a lot of Yamato. The average engagement distance of 18km+ at early game does not allow Conqueror to stack fire damage efficiently enough while Yamato just chew through 32mm plating of Conkek like nothing :Smile-_tongue:

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,518 battles

Yomato spam... don't know what your talking about!

unknown.png?width=895&height=253

This is how most games look in R5-1 right now, maybe 2 cruisers if lucky.

Edited by KillStealz

4 posts
4,682 battles

It's getting a little bit beyond a joke. Played with or against the same guy in a Yamato and all he does is sit back and farm damage to save a star or win game of off teammatesf efforts.

Even said as much in the chat.

Oh well, back to the grind.

402 posts
7,250 battles
5 hours ago, KillStealz said:

Yomato spam... don't know what your talking about!

unknown.png?width=895&height=253

This is how most games look in R5-1 right now, maybe 2 cruisers if lucky.

World of Warships once DD's are obsolete.....

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles
33 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

World of Warships once DD's are obsolete.....

Why would people play DD, devs didn't consider about that class when adding lines after lines of Radar ships. They even went as far as saying that Radar has no direct relation to the outcome of battle.

Either we don't know how to play the game, or may be they are way smarter than us regular plebs and can play the game as DDs regardless of radars. CV spotting DDs whole game wasn't bad enough. They had to add in cruisers whose detection range is shorter than Radar range.

Edited by icy_phoenix