Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

La Galissonnière reload booster buff

2 comments in this topic

324 posts
4,679 battles

Since WG nerfed Emile Bertin I haven't had the heart to play that ship anymore. It's still strong, but it feels much more ordinary now.

La Galissonnière OTOH has become much more interesting as it's the first ship of the MN CA line to get the new reload booster, and 4 charges no less. My opinion of the ship's fun factor has done a 180 turn, from extreme dislike to serious enjoyment. The torps are still silly (two!?), and the speed/handling/armor are okay-to-meh, but when taking on cruisers 1-on-1 you punch that boost consumable and the enemy ship simply dissolves. T7 .. no problem. If they didn't see you coming, chances are they are dead in the time it takes the boost to run out.

354 posts
9,048 battles
51 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Since WG nerfed Emile Bertin I haven't had the heart to play that ship anymore. It's still strong, but it feels much more ordinary now.

La Galissonnière OTOH has become much more interesting as it's the first ship of the MN CA line to get the new reload booster, and 4 charges no less. My opinion of the ship's fun factor has done a 180 turn, from extreme dislike to serious enjoyment. The torps are still silly (two!?), and the speed/handling/armor are okay-to-meh, but when taking on cruisers 1-on-1 you punch that boost consumable and the enemy ship simply dissolves. T7 .. no problem. If they didn't see you coming, chances are they are dead in the time it takes the boost to run out.

Try Charles Martel in Cherry Blossom; with the spood beest module installed, you've got 4.5 min bursts at nearly 41kts so you can forget all that shoulder rubbing and paint scraping as you jostle for position with all the riff raff - and then use your reload boost to decimate your unlucky target. Only drawback is that when you are so far in front of the pack, you get focussed somewhat (also, you need to rely on all the freedom boats to shoot down the planes as I take hydro rather than dfaa).

Sign in to follow this