Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Modellers, show Hatsu some love!

10 comments in this topic

349 posts
4,854 battles

The texture resolution for IJN DD Hatsuharu lags far, far behind just about every other ship in the game. It's painful to look at.

Screenshot (338).png

Screenshot (339).png

[UNRYU]
26 posts
4,394 battles

You mean the railing is different so that means lower resolution? How are you measuring your resolution? O_O

349 posts
4,854 battles

No, I mean how all the main hull, turret, and superstructure details ship specific to Hatsuharu are rendered in pixellated chunks. Shared assets like the AA stations are of course in much higher resolution.

1,140 posts

I think WG made these ship in more detailed than we see in game even in ultra high setting. they don't want this game to be too graphic demand.

I..... guess

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles

Most of the older ship models may look like rust buckets (like someone mentioned about Gearing, or most old lines up to tier 4/5). But I know for a fact that devs improve the modelling time to time. They cannot do it overnight, so depending on when they have time to do it, your favorite ship's texture fix might take some time.

Also I think the models weren't intended for super close camera that you can get using some mods on port.

Edited by icy_phoenix

349 posts
4,854 battles
15 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

But I know for a fact that devs improve the modelling time to time.

For sure. Furutaka is almost unrecognizable from how it looked two years ago.

Though I'm wondering if the problem is mainly one of scale. The DDs are so small that the port view magnifies the details relative to the larger ships...

Sign in to follow this