You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FinbarAu

Dasha Commanders

18 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,921 battles

First of all...... Wargaming is now selling 10pt Captains?

I'm really tempted to grab all of them, because those first 10 points are just painful as you grind up a new captain....

On the other hand, Thanks to the Christmas Crates, I literally got 2 YEARS premium time. (Yeah, I was blown away too). I haven't even used a year of it from them.

So, having to pay for even more Premium Time? No thanks. It's something I literally have no need for.

How about we get them WITHOUT the premium time? Currently, 90 days Premium Time costs AUD$39.55, and with 9 Space Captains and 7 Dasha Captains, we can work out the value for the captains.

9 Space Captains costs AUD$106.72 and 7 Dahsa Captains costs $91.99.

So this means, the 9 Captains costs $67.17 and 7 Dasha costs $52.44. Without the Premium Time.

This means each Space Captain costs $7.46 and each Dasha Captain costs $7.49.

(Lets face it, we expect Dasha to cost more as she is prettier.)

You could sell the collection of Space Captains for $60 and the Dasha's for $50 and you'd have lots of buyers. Frankly, it's good value for 10pt captains.

Aside from whatever the 'special' captains cost, when they went on sale.

So why not?

1,001 posts
7,416 battles
13 hours ago, FinbarAu said:

First of all...... Wargaming is now selling 10pt Captains?

There have been 10 pointers in premiums fairly regularly, and a while ago they sold these anime girl captains. Azure something.

13 hours ago, FinbarAu said:

those first 10 points are just painful

Yes, for most ships the 4 point skills like CE make a big difference for the ship performance.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

I can only get a camo + a commander, or 2 commanders and some small things. But not sure I want those camos. Cause I doubt ill play Edin in near future since I have all the other better T8 cruisers including premiums, and the depth camo for Z23 isn't my fav, I like my ships to look intact, not torp apart ghost ships. So probably 2 Dasha commanders :P I think ill get PA and UK ones.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,826 posts
4,103 battles

I only got the Edin camo because any perma camo I a good thing.    I cant see myself even playing the Z23 so that wont be worth getting.    I'm still torn.  A 10 pointer is not really a big effort to get so unless they came with specific qualities like the special commanders I don't see any value in them.

The patches are a complete waste of time.   I would rather cover to credits than waste tokens on them.

Honestly.  Perma camos and other camos are the only things worth getting.  The rest is trash.

354 posts
9,048 battles
4 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I only got the Edin camo because any perma camo I a good thing.    I cant see myself even playing the Z23 so that wont be worth getting.    I'm still torn.  A 10 pointer is not really a big effort to get so unless they came with specific qualities like the special commanders I don't see any value in them.

The patches are a complete waste of time.   I would rather cover to credits than waste tokens on them.

Honestly.  Perma camos and other camos are the only things worth getting.  The rest is trash.

Agreed; the new special flags have some appeal but, if the old specials were available, it would be an easy decision what to spend the tokens on. 

186 posts
1,709 battles

I removed Dasha from command because of the "Language Barrier". As I was frustrated with the the ammo on the Edinburgh and I could not understand her messages it became all a bit too much.

I am not going to worry too much about the grates or purchase any from the store. Tokens that come thru actually playing I'll just spend on the Leviathan signals. Might return to purchasing some "Bismarck" crates occasionally. Good special flags, and the "Hunter" camo looks good and pays ok in game.

315 posts
4,634 battles
25 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

What do they do?

Nothing

Well we are talking about the relative merit of eye candy vs. a largely inconsequential stat boost in a video game played for entertainment.

Your call.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,826 posts
4,103 battles
6 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Well we are talking about the relative merit of eye candy vs. a largely inconsequential stat boost in a video game played for entertainment.

Your call.

Yeap.    

They still do nothing so they are useless

1,333 posts
8,817 battles

I am probably just going to get the Edinburgh permanent camo. Permanent camos are always good plus the Edinburgh is pretty fun to play in Cherry Blossom.

Will give the Z-23 camo a pass since I already have the perma camo from last year's anniversary.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
27 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

I like useless.

Useless as a screen door on a submarine.

1,001 posts
7,416 battles
18 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I only got the Edin camo because any perma camo I a good thing.

Where do you get those? In exchange for those tokens?

A 10 pointer is not really a big effort to get so unless they came with specific qualities like the special commanders I don't see any value in them.

A 10 point captain requires 183k command XP. And as someone pointed out above, driving a ship with a low point captain can be a bit tedious. The captains may not be your personal preference, but they would be interesting for others.

The patches are a complete waste of time.

Agreed, I struggle to see why WG introduced them... and I struggle even more to understand why people would pay for those. The patches are pure fluff.

Well, fair enough, but I can see the use of a 10 point captain.

1,001 posts
7,416 battles
12 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Click on Arsenal, then go to "Anniversary" tab.

Thanks for that, found it.... still 32 token missing though...