You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bengal_Tiger23

News Flash - Commodore Dasha Perova Removed from command.

29 comments in this topic

188 posts
1,723 battles

Sources in London have reported that Commodore Dasha Perova, a much admired commander in the Combined Australian Fleet, has been removed from command of HMS Edinburgh.

Whilst details are sketchy at the moment, it is thought that Language difficulties and the Commodores outspoken criticism of the performance of the ammunition provided to the Edinburgh and RN Light Cruisers in general is responsible for her removal.

The RN liaison is refusing to comment at this stage.

The CNO Of the CAF, Admiral Alex B_T23, Has made the following statement.

"It is with regret that I can confirm that Commodore Dasha Perova has been replaced in command of the Edinburgh by Commodore Mathew Bell of the HMS Orion". "I can also confirm that the commodore will remain on my staff in charge of training, and outfitting the fleet".

Reporter:- "Can you confirm the Commodores criticism of the British ammunition and the disquiet within the fleet about it?"

"Sorry, no comment". "That is all".

Considering Dasha's excellent performance in "Operation Cherry Blossom", it is this reporters opinion she deserves our thanks and a hearty well done.

The Daily News Rag

Beta Tester
755 posts
8,558 battles

Does this mean the Russian détente is over?

Well it was hanging by a thin thread.

Putin's shenanigans were only offset by Dasha's diplomacy and occasional hint of cleavage...

Where do we go from here?

188 posts
1,723 battles

The Daily News Rag - Evening Edition.

Further to our earlier report.

Suggestions have emerged that an unnamed party outside of the British Admiralty is influencing its decision making and certain procurement issues.

The Chief of Naval Operations CAF, has reportedly called in his staff and senior officers from the combined fleet for a meeting  tomorrow. Monday.

Certain "unnamed" sources have suggested that Admiral B_T23 has called this meeting to discuss the treatment by the British Admiralty of Commodore Perova and the fact that this decision deprives the CAF of an experienced commander in battle.

We can expect a very stern Statement from the Admiral and his Commanders directed to the Admiralty I expect.

Further investigation Regarding the RN ammunition has shown that officers throughout the fleet are totally appalled at the ammunition situation with the RN Light Cruisers. One IJN officer said something in Japanese that I could only interpret as uncomplimentary. An officer from the USS Cleveland had seen Edinburgh in action said "Damn fine ship. Shame about the ammo." A British officer from the "Fiji" summed it up well. "Give us AP and HE and we will finish the job." 

These ships themselves are universally admired. Who ever thought to equip them with this ammunition has to be bought to account. One would suspect that the "Ammo" question will be high on the agenda for tomorrows meeting.

The Daily News Rag.

188 posts
1,723 battles
4 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I demand to see a shirtfronting.

You know, I might just get it from WG if they realize what I am saying (genuinely) about their choice of ammo. lol

Alex

B_T23

188 posts
1,723 battles
On 9/7/2018 at 2:18 PM, PeterMoe1963 said:

Our RN sources have revealed that Captain Hector Waller stated that he cannot understand the criticism of the RN light cruiser ammunition.

Hi Peter,

From the start with this game, I was taught to use HE against angled ships and DD's. I have taken that to heart as being the best approach. It is certainly useful against those tough old BB's as well. Not having HE available on these ships is, I believe, a retrograde step. Also it is frustrating from the point of view of using the correct ammo at the right time

With the AP on these ships. I get a sense of lack of penetration unlike with HMAS Perth's AP. I know, all the specs are the same, from what I can see, but something just seem's amiss. But the lack of HE ammo is the main point.

Alex

B_T23

P.S. Sorry to take so long to answer, I had pressing issues outside of WoWs.

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23
Spelling

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,978 battles

Royal navy cruiser AP aren't the same type as other typical AP, at least from Leander and up. For Royal navy cruisers, you need to focus more on "where" you are shooting at instead of what type of ammo you are shooting. Also, AP and HE should be based on many other aspects, not just angled or broadside. When you see a ship is on 3 fires, keep shooting HE isn't the right thing even when he is angled. Since AP over pen still nets more damage in that situation.

If you dive deep into mechanics, HE shell can be blocked and often will not produce any damage since the part you are shooting at is already devoid of HP. But you can always kill a ship by AP overpens.

Difference in playstyle also should be taken into account. Typical cruisers tend to do more with "damage over time" approach. While RN CLs do burst damages. 

188 posts
1,723 battles

Hi Icy

Yes, I am getting a handle on that in cruisers with HE. I am using AP in preference to HE. But I would like to be able to set a fire in the first instance with difficult targets. If they use their heal, set another one, then fire the AP. If they don't use their heal, then change to AP until the fire burns out. Then hit them again with the HE. I would like to be at least given the chance to do this with these ships.

Heck, I won't even Spam HE with the RN BB's. Much prefer the citadel hits. Most pleasing. (Lol. People might like me for doing this with a Conqueror when I get her).

1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Typical cruisers tend to do more with "damage over time" approach. While RN CLs do burst damages. 

Yes, but why the difference with Perth's ammo where, for me at least, i can get fairly consistent citadel hits with AP? The specs seem too be the same. Plus her damage done to superstructures seem's heavier with AP. 

Cheer's 

Alex

B_T23

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,978 battles
3 hours ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Yes, but why the difference with Perth's ammo where, for me at least, i can get fairly consistent citadel hits with AP? The specs seem too be the same. Plus her damage done to superstructures seem's heavier with AP. 

You are correct there. Both Perth and Belfast (I think Huang Heh too) has weaker AP characteristics as far as I remember. I'm not sure why though, probably balance reasons.

Btw, I'd suggest IFHE for your Perth captain if you don't already have it. Greatly improved damage output.

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
15 hours ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

I get a sense of lack of penetration unlike with HMAS Perth's AP.

Captain Hector Waller was the captain of HMS Perth. Which in the game has HE.

It appears you didn't find the hidden gem in the post. :cap_fainting:

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Oh what did I just do!!

Oh no, what did you do!

I bought the package, but I was a bit disappointed that all Dasha captains speak Russian. I was hoping she speaks the national language.

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,978 battles
Just now, PeterMoe1963 said:

Oh no, what did you do!

I bought the package, but I was a bit disappointed that all Dasha captains speak Russian. I was hoping she speaks the national language.

Naah, I didn't spend real money, used up the tokens I got from anniversary boxes everyday...

And yeah, it's a bit odd that she only speaks Russian, but the voice is cute!!!

Btw, it was mentioned that she only speaks Russian, probably you missed that bit.