dieselhead

Topic Redacted

54 comments in this topic

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
47 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I mean it's not under powered if you play it right. If you can't play a destroyer, so don't play it. Just like what @Skarhabek said DD is for real men. Chose another ship classes. You have so many ships to enjoy. You are a unicum and you can grind to tier 10. Compare that with me. and yet you still ungrateful with what you have.

I know what you meant, I have a lot of games in T8-T10 DD's and its not about playing it right, its about the things WG have done have made it almost impossible to play to the objective. They have buffed the other classes so much and added so much radar that DD's are now in a terrible state. I dont have to be grateful for the things I have earned in a game I spend money on. I have a right to expect a well balanced game for the money I spend on it.

• Cool 2

1,513 posts
3,000 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

Go and play some DD, then come tell me and everynoe else who plays DD that they arent underpowered.

people just forget how stronk is DD .... obviously in the right hand

https://asia.wows-numbers.com/ships/

1. choose server asia :

2. checkbox "regular sheep only"

3. sort by highest winrate

1. Stalingrad (not count)

2. Obama ST (not count)

3. Chungmu (56%)

4. Gadjah Mada (55%)

5. Boise << cruiser

6. Z-46

7. Yueyang

8. Helena << Cruiser

9. Kitakaze

10. Alsace << BB

obviously DD can carry better..... and more look like new DD is OP compared to old....

2 hours ago, LonerPrime said:

The only DDs I actually see being productive are gunboats as plenty of ships carry hydro these days too. 

What's worse, the power creep are making older lines lose their charm with every patch. Now DDs carry hydro and radar as well. Try contesting a cap with a German DD or face a yueyang that wants to torp the hell out of your BBs while keeping you lit outside of his detection range.

^^^

18 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

I know what you meant, I have a lot of games in T8-T10 DD's and its not about playing it right, its about the things WG have done have made it almost impossible to play to the objective. They have buffed the other classes so much and added so much radar that DD's are now in a terrible state. I dont have to be grateful for the things I have earned in a game I spend money on. I have a right to expect a well balanced game for the money I spend on it.

the main objective is to win the game, not sitting in the cap. capping is one of many ways to win the game but there is other method as well.

3 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Oh and don't call me "bro", Im not your "bro"!

:cap_wander: 

GO GET GADJAH MADA, IF YOU STILL SCREWED..... UNINSTALL

this ship is the real "DESTROYER" that can rekt the entire enemy team.

I.... even the fascist CV wannabe even admit how stronk this sheep.

radar sheep is a joke againts this DD. 

if you insist playing other DD, just bring radar division or CV..... problem solved

i will go away for maybe 2 weeks, so enjoy no garbage shitpost from me.

Edited by Skarhabek

[BOTES]
Modder
582 posts
4,464 battles

Radar is very balance Товарищ, you see comrade, according to WG's internal stats the number of radar in game has no correlation with game outcome. Every one has radar? Just play more passively heh

Obviously DDs are meant to suffer. If you can't deal with literal legal wall hack in the game that maybe you are just a terrible player. Besides, DDs is so OP in this game its only reasonable that with every patch there are tools DD players has to deal with while having the LEAST rewards for risking for objectives. 

XAXAAXAXAXAXAXAXA let me just slap this radar and this hydro on this new ship so u can never hit anyone

just gitgud LMAOOOOOOOOO

Now that i'm finish with my standard response to blatant DD game balanse problems, where is my Vodka, Sergei????

Edited by 9mm1n

[LBAS]
4,015 posts
9,462 battles

bwoah they gone to dance with angels, everything never pretty much for ships type 

[LLBC]
181 posts
8,675 battles
15 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Go and play some DD, then come tell me and everynoe else who plays DD that they arent underpowered.

Yeah, I've been spending the last couple of weeks playing nothing but DDs (and occassionally Kii) and I'll just say it plainly that DDs definitely aren't "that" underpowered.

There's just always a way for DDs to play around radar, it's at least not as hard as playing around CVs perma-spotting you.

Edited by 8knots_Kai

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
2 minutes ago, 8knots_Kai said:

Yeah, I've been spending the last couple of weeks playing nothing but DDs (and occassionally Kii) and I'll just say it plainly that DDs definitely aren't "that" underpowered.

In low tiers no they arent, in high tiers it different. Not so much they are underpowered, just powerless.

[LYNMF]
1,089 posts
17,503 battles

you say you can't play your dd i say i can't play bb, getting spam to death by harugumo in my monarch its not fun and frustrating 

it's awful i just stop playing :Smile_sad:

[LNA]
459 posts
4,576 battles
4 hours ago, ahwai82 said:

you say you can't play your dd i say i can't play bb, getting spam to death by harugumo in my monarch its not fun and frustrating 

it's awful i just stop playing :Smile_sad:

Really? This coming from a RN BB? Seriously? Your ship line employs one of the worse gameplay style of em all. The HE spam is ridiculous with the broken ability to light ships on fire continuously irrespective of how your enemies angle. And god help the DD that gets spotted around you. Almost always armed with HE, you guys will melt that thing in 1 to 2 salvos as their is no chance for overpenn whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, Harugmo/Kitakaze are ridiculous and one of the few reasons I actually like radars but RN BBs are still wrong on multiple levels.

[LYNMF]
1,089 posts
17,503 battles
2 hours ago, LonerPrime said:

Really? This coming from a RN BB? Seriously? Your ship line employs one of the worse gameplay style of em all. The HE spam is ridiculous with the broken ability to light ships on fire continuously irrespective of how your enemies angle. And god help the DD that gets spotted around you. Almost always armed with HE, you guys will melt that thing in 1 to 2 salvos as their is no chance for overpenn whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, Harugmo/Kitakaze are ridiculous and one of the few reasons I actually like radars but RN BBs are still wrong on multiple levels.

monarch is not lion and conqueror have stupid HE shells so this ship don't lit anything on every salvo

[LNA]
459 posts
4,576 battles
1 hour ago, ahwai82 said:

monarch is not lion and conqueror have stupid HE shells so this ship don't lit anything on every salvo

Okay, I really don't wanna derail this thread so this is all I'm gonna say:

OFhp4SE.png

An average of 62k damage with a winrate in green; I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd say the problem isn't the ship. You just aren't able to understand her.

[FISH]
405 posts
31,210 battles

I dare anyone to find one thing diesel said wrong in his OP ? 

All disagreements are a variation of either:

1) come on its not that bad (yes it is)
2) you used bad words and it hurts me! (okay, hope you get over it)

DD life is hell. 

• Cool 1

[LLBC]
181 posts
8,675 battles
14 hours ago, ahwai82 said:

I beg to differ as I had my Kii got set 3 fires by just one salvo from a Monarch, Kii is not even a short ship to begin with.

That was the only time I got triggered (really) hard from it (mostly because I just repaired two fires from an Atago).

6 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

1) come on its not that bad (yes it is)

It is "bad" when you involve to much of an emotion over a simple "game".

2) you used bad words and it hurts me! (okay, hope you get over it)

Again, involving too much of an emotion does very little to rectify a problem (other than heating up the situation even further).

DD life is hell. 

You could say the same for the life of other 3 classes in this game (currently, to say at least)

Anyway that's just me.

Edited by 8knots_Kai
  • Cool 1

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,073 posts
18,022 battles
22 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Example, 4 caps and still lost a star. Cant tell me that's fair?

shot-18.09.01_16.52.33-0820.jpg

Stop playing DDs man. 

Your post to WG isn't going to change anything. 

Stop playing DDs, let the DD numbers on the server decline. WG will then respond. 

This is how many times I've played DDs in the last 21 days:

Screenshot_20180902-153441_Chrome.thumb.jpg.17f39cbe52cc394c71e0f6fb9994c566.jpg

Trust me - if everyone plays less then there will be changes. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

[LYNMF]
1,089 posts
17,503 battles
14 hours ago, LonerPrime said:

Okay, I really don't wanna derail this thread so this is all I'm gonna say:

OFhp4SE.png

An average of 62k damage with a winrate in green; I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd say the problem isn't the ship. You just aren't able to understand her.

i'm not talking about i can't play this ship, i'm talking about the sheer lunacy of HE spamming from kitakaze and harugumo which i can't do a thing and keep getting sunk by them

have 30K or 40K health don't matter, they just keep spamming and spamming HE i'd be down in a minute..so fast i barely have time to scream help lol

anyway all of us go thru rough times, game keep changing with new ship then the change of meta and so on

i guess for me just have to deal with it or stop playing 

57 minutes ago, 8knots_Kai said:

I beg to differ as I had my Kii got set 3 fires by just one salvo from a Monarch, Kii is not even a short ship to begin with.

That was the only time I got triggered (really) hard from it (mostly because I just repaired two fires from an Atago).

damn! that guy must be very lucky..very rare i set 2 fires sometimes even 2 or 3 salvo not a single fire 

but my fire rng always bad, like i see everyone play zao keep setting fires mine doesn't :Smile_facepalm:

[HKACC]
[HKACC]
311 posts
3,570 battles

World War 2's BB with the technology of World War 3's BB in matter of Anti-Air Gun.
World War 2's CA with the technology of World War 3's CA in matter of Main Battery rotation speed.
World War 2's DD with the technology of World War 3's DD in matter of Torpedo reload speed.
World War 2's CV with the technology of World War 3's CV in matter of AP's Bombers.

But again, it's not simulation games. Also WG heavily rely on Feedback as both developers & super tester just a bunch of guys vs the whole players to feel the game's balancing. Just keep spamming thread & post until they notice our objection towards something.

In my suggestion to Radar's debacle ... isn't in real life, whenever using Long Radar Detection, it's exposing the ship own location ? That's why this tactic in real life aren't use occasionally.

Also, I want WG to work their ass to make AA not shooting through mountain and Island or covers. It's really stupid when try to ambush enemy ship with bomber from behind Island cover, they already dead before reach the target bombing. My friend said it's because AA mechanic is using Bubble/Round/Ball AoE, so Island wasn't calculated as an obstacle object.

[FISH]
405 posts
31,210 battles
2 hours ago, 8knots_Kai said:

You could say the same for the life of other 3 classes in this game (currently, to say at least)

No you couldn't. This statement is objectively false. DDs have by far the hardest life in the current meta at all tiers. 

And the economy rewards optimal DD gameplay the least.

• Boring 1

725 posts
19,634 battles
On 8/31/2018 at 10:30 PM, dieselhead said:

IDK who your supertesters are that tell you ships like Wooster and Conq are balanced but I suggest you find some new ones. In what world would Wooster ever be balanced?

That part made me laugh out loud.

They don't listen to the STs, they just use them to data mine.

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

Stop playing DDs man. 

Your post to WG isn't going to change anything. 

Stop playing DDs, let the DD numbers on the server decline. WG will then respond. 

This is how many times I've played DDs in the last 21 days:

Screenshot_20180902-153441_Chrome.thumb.jpg.17f39cbe52cc394c71e0f6fb9994c566.jpg

Trust me - if everyone plays less then there will be changes. 

I shouldn't have to stop playing a ship type I'm good at. WG should have realized what was going to happen the second they released all that radar onto the server. 

[UWU]
533 posts
5,090 battles
17 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

I shouldn't have to stop playing a ship type I'm good at. WG should have realized what was going to happen the second they released all that radar onto the server. 

If you are good at that specific class of ship whats wrong with it ?

I main IJN DD come roast me
i suffered when radar came out
nowsaday in WOWS
not only desmoines is a threat
look at them CL
they hurt so much
that doesnt deter me from playing DD

if you are even so called good at it you should be able to play without getting so fustrated
don't talk to me about every 3 bloody minutes being radar-ed
have you been radar-ed continuously since the start for like 3 minutes straight? i don't find it so bad even tho im losing HP
im just playing my role eatting radar for life
i have been reported by a salty team mate who say im camping behind island doing nothing but im actually making the enemy using all their radars just to spot me
 im also in a position that prevents enemy from capping/ pushing

being a destroyer there are many things you can do and you can't do
with radar around it restricts you to a few option 
but this doesnt mean you are completely useless
you just need to play more and take a step back and think what you could have done instead of whining about Radar OP
radar in reality is OP and its not going away, the only thing you can do is to deal with it or just work around it !

Edited by ShiraYukira
  • Cool 1

35 posts
1,475 battles

THERE IS GAME BALANCE IN THE GAME ( at least wargaming tried

THERE ISN'T ANY (GAME BALANCE) IN REAL NAVAL BATTLES

please be thankful of the sacrifice of players who play other warships

(ALTHOUGH THEY MAY BE YOUR FRIEND , ALLIES , FRIEND , ENEMY , FOE.......)