You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dano07

What T6 to T10 Destroyers are keepers ?

14 comments in this topic

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

Hi

In DD I am moving up into T8 across the various lines but was wondering which ones are considered particularly strong or unique ?

So far I feel the Farragut was good as well as the Guhjah Mada.  I hear the Akizuki , Z 46 , Grozovoi are awesome.

So how do you rate the various T6-T10 DDs ?

Thanks

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles
Just now, icy_phoenix said:

Grozovoi, Khaba, YY, Shima, Harugumo, Gearing, Z52.

Fletcher, Chung Mu, Tashkent, Kitakaze, Yugumo.

Benson, Akizuki, Kiev

GM, Shiratsuyu.

Thats all of them ...

1,011 posts
7,482 battles
29 minutes ago, Dano07 said:

So how do you rate the various T6-T10 DDs ?

T6's...

I quite like Gnevny, Gaede and T-61 in operations.

T-61 and Aigle also can do well in Random, good guns, good health pool, good HE shells and hydro in the case of T-61. Both are premium.

I always had a soft spot for Fubuki, because she was my first T6 ship. This aside, Hatsuharu has only a total of 8 torps in 2 launchers where Fubuki has 9 torps in 3, but Hatsu has better stealth and speed. I guess Hatsuharu is for the players that prefer stealthy torp boats?

What else is there? Gallant, Shinonome, Monaghan, Fushun, Anshan.

Of these, I only have Gallant and Fushun. Fushun is a Gnevny with 8km deep water torps, but only 2 launchers for 3 torps each She is a stepping stone to GM if you ask me. I don’t like Fushun’s slow gun rotation. Not my personal favourite.

Gallant, hmm, probably the weakest hybrid. Now quite sure if there is any area where Gallant shines?, Maybe best concealment of the hybrids?

Edited by PeterMoe1963

112 posts
2,960 battles

Depends on your playstyle.

I'm having oodles of fun with the 8km torps on the shima.... 4 from 4 wins and 3700 PR and my first 200K+ damage game. I have not laughed as maniacally for a very long time.  

i enjoyed the Hatsuhara (76%WR),  and then all the way to the Shima. Forward scouting and torping just clicked.  

For me the odd tier Germans were great fun as well, but I have struggled at times with the Germans with finding the line between decent aggression and over-extending. After my experience in the Z46 I was really looking forward to the 52 but have not been able to feel really comfortable in it.

The Gadjah is a bit of a win monster for me but I don't do that well as far as damage is concerned. I think it is the 8km torps and the lack of that huge strike on the enemy dds to start pushing the flank forward. I usually look to push in and the mid tier 10km torps give a bit more of an opportunity to torp the support ships/enemy dds contesting caps.

1,105 posts

Gadjah Mada is basically in game strongest overpowered ship until WG nerf its smoke and add Z-39 and Haida. 

Haida and Gadjah Mada is on the same power, but Z-39 is clearly the most OP Ship right now... ITS LIKE BUYFAST! its basicaly T8 sheep put in T7

yet, not everyone realize this...... if WG start ranked season at T7, unicum will use it and will be famous like a buyfast.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles

I assume you're talking tech tree ships only since you're talking about keepers.

T6, the only decent tech tree ship is the Fushun, this is a tier where the DD's are not anywhere near as powerful as the BB's, the inter-class balance is very poor.

T7, Gadjah Mada is probably the best of them.  Shiratsuyu is pretty good if you like the playstyle.

T8, I wouldn't keep any of them.

T9, Fletcher and Chung Mu are both great, I'd pick the one of those two you like the most and keep it.  Kitakaze is amazing. Tashkent used to be awful and is now superb. Yugumo is by far the best IJN torp boat from T6-10. T9 really is a golden tier for DD's. Unlike other classes where the jump from T9 to 10 is a clear step up, really only the YY and Groz are like that for DD's.  Gearing and Shima are barely sidegrades from their T9's, while Khaba and Haragumo are better in specific circumstances but in most ways worse than their T9's.

T10, Yue Yang, Groz are the clear keepers and a step above everything else at the tier.

Having said all that, most of the best ships in T6-9 are premiums, and I find I don't play that many tech tree DD's at those tiers.

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

Thanks for all the replies

Moggytwo how do you rate the various Premiums in the T6-T10 range ?

and I am surprised that nothing in T8 excites you … not Keiv or Akizuki  ?

D

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles

Kiev and Akizuki are both good ships, but I wouldn't keep them because Tashkent and Kitakaze are both better ships tier for tier and have the exact same playstyle.  Basically I'd rather have the T9's in a T9 battle than the T8's in a T8 battle.

As for premiums, there are plenty of excellent ships.

T6, Anshan is on par with Fushun, T-61 is the best T6 DD though.

T7, Leningrad is superb and easy to play for a DD, Haida is very strong (but difficult to play well), and I love the Sims too (but many don't).

T8, Kidd is good when there are lots of DD's but lacks the alpha to truly carry, Lo Yang is strong against players who lack patience but I think it's a one trick pony with poor torps and guns for it's tier.  Asashio is fun and quite underrated, but you need to abuse the stealth and know how best to use the guns, it would be my personal pick for most enjoyable T8 DD premium.

T9, there's only one, and it's one of the most fun ships in the game, getting torp hits minutes after launching torps and not knowing who it's hit is non-stop hilarity.  I don't know if I've had more fun in the game than playing the Black (it's very strong when paired with a Kitakaze). It's a T9 Sims with radar, so if you love the Sims this is the ship for you - and if you hate the Sims you'll think the ship is crap and overrated. T9 DD balance overall is quite good.

Do note though that everyone has a different play style that works for them and that they enjoy.  You need to pick the ships that are right for you.

326 posts
10,532 battles

T8 - Just go for Loyang. Oppssss. Anyway Akizuki quite fun but really u have to endure her sluggish rudder and speed. Kiev quite fun as well but her concealment ain't that great.

T9 - There a lots of DD's u can pick as ur choice. Most of the were excellent even u play in Tier 10 match

Fletcher- Superb manuver and great torps. U can use DFAA option in exchange to Speed Boost, which is useful to kill the scout plane or run urself from CV. Or just get black instead.

Cheng Mu- Similar with Flecher but with Deep Water torps and radar (but u have to give up ur smoke consumable in exchange.

(or just get urself Black if u want both of them in one package) 

Kitakaze quite fun as well if u go for gunboat DD.

T 10 - Russian DD top of the pack. Don't ask why............because it's WG

Others u can pick Shima or Gearing if u go for  torp DD's build.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

p/s: Friendly reminder, high tier full with pedophile that want to hunt u by abusing all the loli's with Radar. So keep in ur mind the radar range & their CD of the specific Radar ships.

Edited by ArchKongou

245 posts
347 battles

Gadjah Mada although its Indonesian (like me lmao) its a commonwealth destoyers, its like the Haida pretty much. :cap_like:

But the Torpedoboot-61 is a keeper btw, its a premium. Zerstörer-46 is a total keeper too, it have Hydroacoustic, and a reasonably good gun arc, it even have 6 fast firing guns.