You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

New CoOp Bots?

39 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Who else noticed the new bots in co-op matches. Now they always actively dodge torpedoes, instead of rushing in, will turn away and cap you out as well. Aka much better than typical random players.

Enjoy :D

Edited by icy_phoenix

188 posts
1,716 battles
11 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Who else noticed the new bots in co-op matches. Now they always actively dodge torpedoes, instead of rushing in, will turn away and cap you out as well. Aka much better than typical random players.

Enjoy :D

Actually I noticed this as well. Also they don't seem to be charging the center like they used to.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Are they worth more XP/creds now...?

No. XP/Cred just as before. Only thing it changed is now your DD teammates cannot rush to torp kill all by themselves. And enemy will show you broadside while turning away.

188 posts
1,716 battles

Here is a little video that you can see a bit of the bot behavior. It was recorded so I could learn some lessons in Cruiser behavior. But it may be of interest to some. Played 20/8/18.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpRPIXG_OfI

Alex

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Yeah I noticed too. Not too sure whether I like it or not though. On one hand the bots are more realistic and fun to fight against, on the other hand coop games are a lot longer because the bots tend to run away now.

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles

this changes highly support for BBs, AI show more broadside than ever :Smile_teethhappy:

the old AI always bow tank and BBs very hard to hit them :fish_panic:

screw CAs CLs and DDs but BBs shall happy with this :crab:

309 posts
4,060 battles
10 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

No. XP/Cred just as before. Only thing it changed is now your DD teammates cannot rush to torp kill all by themselves. And enemy will show you broadside while turning away.

Finally, I can mitigate some damage without those idiot bots running into torps.

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,030 battles

Some people still outwitted by bots. I'm not surprise that why am i lost the random often even they were tier 10 
lower tier can do better than pro-player do.
what'd i could expect from tier 10 players? 

because they never learn how to teamwork what first priority to do

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Good. It means fools who play random style in coop end up performing poorly.

Who dares wins.

Wait, that was the old coop, now you kinda play a bit safe like random. But at least now it teaches lot more.

[AE]
199 posts
9,474 battles

All I play is coop.

Apart from the fact that the bots are more spread out, and don't just rush the centre like in the old maps, I have not noted any particular change in their behaviour that would warrant changing to a more "safe"

approach. Seriously, they have not gotten noticeably smarter. Way, way, too many players go off to the edges of the map in coops as if they are playing humans. Yes, more damage for me, but it irritates the shit out of me. Seeing some cruiser player going ALL

the way round the edge of the map to get their carrier is infuriating. If there were far more bots that might work, but given half to most of the bots are killed in 5 mins or so, it just means they are out of the fight

during the entire match - What the French call "Hors de combat". It makes them as useless as a dead player.

Beta Tester
741 posts
8,484 battles

If your kharma is a Prime Number, the bots will think you are trying to communicate with them using a universal mathematical language and attack you last as they try to determine your intentions.

[AE]
199 posts
9,474 battles

Well stuff me.

It seems my previous post may have been coloured by the maps I had played with the new AI.

Just played a Grozy game where it went for a full match, timed out with a victory.

AI got smarter. And today I saw a team SMASHED by AI. Although I was thinking that more broadsides would be good, the simple fact is that I, and others have not adapted. Now, with some players going off by themselves to the sides of the map, it used to be that it was simply "more for me". Well, stuff me, they focus you, and sneak around more, and tend to kill players who go it themselves. Much more interesting. Not just target practice now.

It means bigger scores due to team evaporating as they are too aggressive, but also more losses.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,487 battles

And I've seen bot DDs smoke up and SIT IN THEIR SMOKE. First time I saw it I thought my connection must have dropped.

1,486 posts

The Human/Bot conversion is well on the way.... Soon we will call our planet "Mondas"....

"You will be like us " "We will survive"

:Smile_trollface: