You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pulveron

Ranking

5 comments in this topic

[12345]
37 posts
8,483 battles

1) I've been asked to comment on this aspect of the game here.  First, I love the game and approach 6000 hours of play.  So, what I am saying is criticism that hopefully will change the game for the better.   I find the title "Your Rank" highly deceptive.  Ranking depends on the team the matchmaker places you in, not on individual achievement.  To infer it has anything to do with me is just untrue.  I have played 15 games so far in the latest ranking, and in each case I and another ship (in a couple there were 3) were the last - all games lost.  That is discouraging for a start.  For a true "your rank" requires a one-on-one or some other method.  It is just unfair and deceptive to allude to it as a rank that I achieved.  It might be better in a clan situation since one would presume the teams might be better matched.  At least you could then say the team lost and the team ranking is...  

2) I don't know about you guys, but I have found that you can predict quite accurately whether the team you are in will win or not.  Dependent on the ship type, fire range, and ship armament etc of the enemy.  The matchmaker tries to match similar ships, understandable and does a good job, but when you are in a team that comes against superior firepower then you are at a disadvantage.  That's not a challenge, that's foolishness, especially when the teams you are placed in seem to always be inferior (the fastest loss I was involved in (12 ships) was within  about 12 minutes).  My worst period happened when I had 25 games played with various ships at various tiers and the teams I were in only managed 5 wins - that's not good matchmaking.  One would think that the win/lose ratio would be a bit finer than that.  I was told that WoW tries to make the game pleasurable for all involved, that may be for those starting out, but I think they need to consider noobs like me who hang around for longer.  After all they are making money off me.  Has anyone else experienced this?

3) I have battled with WoW over this for nearly 12 months regarding the changes that occur to my ships.  At first they said that nothing changes , really saying stop complaining because you lose.  I don't mind losing as long as it is a fair and reasonably even game.  Anyway, they ultimately admitted in the end that when they update sometimes it includes changes to ships.  There were instances where my aim suddenly changed and the shots, rather than a neat barrage, ended up all over the place; at other times, torpedos appeared out of nowhere - one time the ships that were left of the enemy (3 only) were on the other side of the map away from me, like 40 km plus.  Out of nowhere directly in front of me came 12 torpedos.  At other times my shots made no impact on the ships I was firing at.  One time I was chased by 5 ships and I couldn't see any of them, all invisible and not with smoke.  That's okay but when the ships are within say 1.5km of you, that's a bit stupid.  In reality they would be visible.  My friends watching me laughed.  I know WoW does its best and the game itself, let alone the graphics, are truly amazing, but I think there could be better matchmaking.  I believe there needs to be a better way to show these errors to WoW.  

4) I see an increase in rewards and various containers, that's great and what the game needs - this was a long time coming, but with them come other conditions - coal, steel, etc, so it appears that rewards are still minimal, like it could be so much better.  These are crumbs off the table of what could be better rewards.  For instance, playing in a challenge there were 100,000 XP up for grabs.  When the reward came it was a bit of coal and a couple of flags (nearly 30 games later).  I thought it meant 100,000 free XP.  My mistake.  I would have thought WoW would have made it abundantly clear that it wasn't free XP.  In other words, XP should be labeled where free or otherwise.  

5) I'm looking forward to getting a tier X ship, but the way in which the credits for them are gathered means that it would take 7 months plus to even get to the point where it is possible to even think of getting one, when you play the average game.  That's a lot of hours of play.  Tier X ships are extremely difficult to get to for those unable to pay, although in the case at this level it's not about money, well that's what I believe, I could be wrong.  I believe they have made it far too difficult to obtain a ship at this level.  What are your views on this?

Again, I love the game even though my friends tell me it's not worth it.  But, I believe it could be such an incredibly better game.   

600 posts
7,580 battles

Getting TX is not difficult, you said you have 6000hours of playtime.

If you were really wanted a T10 ship, you just need to sacrifice some of your WANTS on the game(e.g. Grinding new lines)

Please dont bash me but now i see u play Co-Op mostly and the credit income is just not as good as Random Battles for me.

Why not play Random Battles to earn more EXP, Credit? Yes Players can be hard to work with but it certainly a faster way to get t10 from random than sticking to Co-op

Point 4. Free EXP is called Free EXP, Normal EXP will always be labelled as EXP(sometime is typo error created by weegee)

38 minutes ago, brokentooth said:

I have battled with WoW over this for nearly 12 months regarding the changes that occur to my ships.  At first they said that nothing changes , really saying stop complaining because you lose.  I don't mind losing as long as it is a fair and reasonably even game.  Anyway, they ultimately admitted in the end that when they update sometimes it includes changes to ships.  There were instances where my aim suddenly changed and the shots, rather than a neat barrage, ended up all over the place; at other times, torpedos appeared out of nowhere - one time the ships that were left of the enemy (3 only) were on the other side of the map away from me, like 40 km plus.  Out of nowhere directly in front of me came 12 torpedos.  At other times my shots made no impact on the ships I was firing at.  One time I was chased by 5 ships and I couldn't see any of them, all invisible and not with smoke.  That's okay but when the ships are within say 1.5km of you, that's a bit stupid.  In reality they would be visible.  My friends watching me laughed.  I know WoW does its best and the game itself, let alone the graphics, are truly amazing, but I think there could be better matchmaking.  I believe there needs to be a better way to show these errors to WoW.  

Torpedos appear out of nowhere because of the torpedo spotting range

• Pan Asian(0.8km/800m) spotting 
  • IJN DD: 1.6KM
  • USN DD: 1.1KM
  • KM DD-1.3KM

Normally,  There might be no plane s or hydroacoustic spotting it earlier

1. Please dont exaggerate yourself, there only the infamous shimakaze 20km torpedos and Asashio 20km torps
  2. Shots making no impact might be damage saturated or just you shooting the wrong parts with the ammunition
  3. 5 ship chasing you while invisible is because they are spotting you because they were in your concealment range

Please dont look down early mainly because what ship you gotten in your team and the enemies, you might be bless by RNG and win the game.

Edited by Gummilicious

[12345]
37 posts
8,483 battles

Gummilicious - It was a bit hard understanding your english, but what I can get from your response is that you're coming from a defensive position where I'm talking about improvements in the game.  As I said - please read it - the game is great so it doesn't need defending.  It's called criticism, and I think you misread and don't understand where I was coming from.  The fact that these incidents happened, and many more I may include later, does not mean I am exaggerating, which is understandable when you haven't experienced it yourself.  Well and good.  What I would like to know is, has anyone else experienced these out-of-character aspects of the game?  Your explanation of what might have happened doesn't line up with my experience in the game.  I'm well aware of angles, shell differences, etc, that's why it was astounding when these odd things happened.  I hope that this forum isn't full of people who just want to defend the game, not improve it, and try to tell others their experience is unreal because they themselves haven't had the same situations - if it is then the forum becomes a useless cacophony of meems. 

In playing co-ops I found that the ratio of XP and points gained were similar to when I played Random battles.  I note your experience is that you gained more points when playing Random battles, good for you because it works for you.  That's not my experience.  In fact, I found that when I played tiers 1 to 3 at Co-op battles the points I made were not as great as Random, but very close, and sometimes more than playing tiers 4-8.  I found that playing tiers 7-9 when a team lost the loss of points was, many times, in the negative.  So over a period of say 20 games (I'm guessing through my experience now) the point differential appeared minimal, hence my activity in the Co-op battles.  of course I found the best way to gain a lot of points was to play Random and deliberately get myself shot up and sunk - lots of points then, but then what's the use of the game?  

I am not the best player, probably more average to poor, so I tend to come in the middle after a battle.  It's a great game, but when things happen out-of-the-ordinary, I would like an explanation from WoW.  As I said, it took nearly a year to have them tell me of the changes that occurred, especially for the manner in which my shells hit other ships , when updates were made - and they admitted that changes occurred to the ships that could alter the firing of weapons.  All I wanted was the truth and an explanation, it came, so why did it take so long?  That I accept may not have been for this forum, but I wonder if others have had the same experience?  Just being honest. 

As for my suggestion regards XP - as you say normally it would be labelled 'normal XP.' That's the point - normally.  I wonder if it shouldn't always be labelled so there is no confusion.  

'Look down on the game?' I think that because I have criticised the game you may not like it, that's okay, but it would be good if you didn't transfer that onto me.  I don't mind being in a team that  loses when it's a reasonable ration, maybe 60/40 loss, but when the game loss appears around 80/20 then I think it's a bit over the top and it needs questioning.  That's my opinion, clearly you differ - and that's good and you should, but please don't tell me how I feel when you have no idea who I am or what my feelings are.  

Onlinegamer - Sorry you're confused.  No it's not a rant.  Maybe you need to read what I have just said to Gummilicious.  

159 posts
5,676 battles

It's common knowledge that you will get much more XP and credits from playing random than playing Coop. Also getting shot up and sunk isn't a good way to earn XP in random, dishing out damage is. If you're low on credits try playing T7, the credit income is decent and the after match repair costs aren't too bad, that plus the scenarios are good ways to earn credits if you don't have have a premium account or permanent camos for your high tier ships.