You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
charcoal44

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalty

21 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,450 battles

Got one of these today for quitting a battle early, except it was thanks to a internet outage.

Not my fault, why should I be penalized for internet outages?

And, why doesn't the game recognize the difference between a internet outage vs a manual escape?

1,105 posts

i am playing the game but suddenly have the urge to eat something, so i grab some snack FOR ONLY 1 MIN!!!!

did you know what happen next?

>>>>  well nothing happened, content removed    <<<< answer

unhid text and content removed, promoting EULA violations, user sanctioned
~Tc1259 

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
On 29/08/2018 at 5:41 PM, Skarhabek said:

i am playing the game but suddenly have the urge to eat something, so i grab some snack FOR ONLY 1 MIN!!!!

>>>>   well nothing happened, content removed, quote updated ~tc1259    <<<< answer

Looks like you have learnt nothing from the past. Admitting to such things like being afk or using illegal mods in forum already got yourself banned in the past. I think you need another one.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
8 hours ago, charcoal44 said:

Got one of these today for quitting a battle early, except it was thanks to a internet outage.

And, why doesn't the game recognize the difference between a internet outage vs a manual escape?

You tell me, how would the game know the difference if you had turned off your modem?

May be it was unjust for your case, but how about you suggest something that cannot be exploited? I think WG might listen more if you could do that.

I'm from a third world poor country. I have pretty shitty internet, pc, power grid. So I do not play the game when it's raining outside, or if it is usual time for an outage. So far it's working for me.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles
On 29/08/2018 at 5:41 PM, Skarhabek said:

>>>> well nothing happened, content removed, quote updated ~tc1259      <<<< answer

OJkjPnP.gif

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,450 battles
9 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

You tell me, how would the game know the difference if you had turned off your modem?

May be it was unjust for your case, but how about you suggest something that cannot be exploited? I think WG might listen more if you could do that.

I'm from a third world poor country. I have pretty shitty internet, pc, power grid. So I do not play the game when it's raining outside, or if it is usual time for an outage. So far it's working for me.

So, I should get a crystal ball, sit it next to the computer and consult it before playing? will there be a power outage, will the internet go down, will my house catch fire, will i need a poo.

I'm not a tech expert with games and programming, but the the people who design and run this game are,  and when they implement a penalty system to mitigate a certain behavior then they should be looking at what other reasons might cause that behavior, and find a workaround to ensure that people are not unfairly penalized for something that is beyond their control.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

They had to draw a line in the sand and this is it.   As Icy said, the game cant recognise between a legitimate outage or you unlplugging a modem.

What penalty did you get?  

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,450 battles
6 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

They had to draw a line in the sand and this is it.   As Icy said, the game cant recognise between a legitimate outage or you unlplugging a modem.

What penalty did you get?  

I got a first up warning and my name went pink, was told in the message to play games to get back to normal.

That wasn't the point though, it's the fact that it's beyond my control, and if my internet plays up for whatever reason and disconnects, then i risk a ban from the game.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

Protracted outages should be a sign to hang up your hat for a while.   One offs like yours get a few games to clear the pink with nothing else happening to you.  

We all go pink occasionally

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
7 hours ago, charcoal44 said:

So, I should get a crystal ball, sit it next to the computer and consult it before playing? will there be a power outage, will the internet go down, will my house catch fire, will i need a poo

That I do not know, and most certainly, not my problem either. I just pointed out that you asked for something that would not be feasible to implement from a software standpoint. Now, on the other hand, we want the AFK players punished, cause that is the most common case. Too many times kids walk away from games cause their net cafe token ran out or mom called for dinner or dad told them to do homework. We are willing to sacrifice some random incidents like you mentioned. Also, it was applied after a test in PTS I believe. The changes were welcomed by player base and only few complains here and there. So, there's very little point in complaining about it right now. But as I said, if you still have a suggestion, you can always send it to WG and they usually listens.

Just "IDK do something" isn't really that constructive. Again, don't be mad at me, I'm just presenting some information. None of these are my doing :P

67 posts
1,371 battles

Game crashed and I was accused of afk, in my case WGchecker found corrupted files and repaired them, yet, WG support still claimed that it is the game's fault for causing the crash.

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
On 8/29/2018 at 5:48 PM, charcoal44 said:

Happened to me, too. I even wrote to WG support, but they only gave me a copy&paste blah-blah reply.

I told them they have to find a way to discern between Internet dropping out and players abandoning the battle. It is frustrating enough to lose upgrades and flags we paid for, but on top, we are falsely accused of "unsupporting behaviour".

Actually, WG's behaviour in this area is rather unsupporting. Because they should be aware of the problem for months, but they seems not to do anything about it.

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

Its funny I have had a few outages after a series of lag spikes. I ve even disconnected the modem accidently when something fell on the power board. Yet when Ive logged back in, I am still in the game but often dead. Yet I ve never had a Penalty, except for that one time when I finished my last game of the night, died and went back to port and then logged out of the game. I learnt that lesson. D

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,450 battles
On 8/30/2018 at 5:49 PM, icy_phoenix said:

That I do not know, and most certainly, not my problem either. I just pointed out that you asked for something that would not be feasible to implement from a software standpoint. Now, on the other hand, we want the AFK players punished, cause that is the most common case. Too many times kids walk away from games cause their net cafe token ran out or mom called for dinner or dad told them to do homework. We are willing to sacrifice some random incidents like you mentioned. Also, it was applied after a test in PTS I believe. The changes were welcomed by player base and only few complains here and there. So, there's very little point in complaining about it right now. But as I said, if you still have a suggestion, you can always send it to WG and they usually listens.

Just "IDK do something" isn't really that constructive. Again, don't be mad at me, I'm just presenting some information. None of these are my doing :P

It's all good mate, not mad at you, just frustrated at the way things panned out, and, I have no idea how this sort of situation can be mitigated, I'm just a player.

25 posts
4,904 battles
On 30/08/2018 at 5:25 PM, tsuenwan said:

Game crashed and I was accused of afk, in my case WGchecker found corrupted files and repaired them, yet, WG support still claimed that it is the game's fault for causing the crash.

Well I can relate to this very well and it happened last night when I was in the game My game crashed for like 3 times in the match and it doesn't help much when there's this guy/girl was moaning and bitching about me being afk, thought I was doing it intentionally? Apparently this player here who was testing the Daring doesn't realize that once you're afk or got disconnected, the game AI will take control of your ship direction and main battery guns will be pointed randomly. Of course crashes in game is an unpleasant experience to everyone and there's nothing much you can do about it while in game but doesn't help if there's one damn salty kid throwing salt at you identifying yourself as a supertester, more like Content Removed, apparently he had sand in Content Removed. Was more amazed on his/her childish behaviour in the chatbox than trying to adjust the settings in game. Haha no surprise weekend extra salty and spicy. Lay off the curry bro, makes you extra heaty.

Endgame, didn't get pink and was reported once and I obviously knew who, well I recognize this fellow forummer for who he is now after he shown his embarrassing behaviour in-game. Unsportsmanlike behaviour not for crashing but for a toxic player indeed.

Content Removed, General Insult and Inappropriate Language, User Sanctioned
~tc1259

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
4 hours ago, BLOODSHOTNIPPLES said:

Well I can relate to this very well and it happened last night when I was in the game My game crashed for like 3 times in the match and it doesn't help much when there's this guy/girl was moaning and bitching about me being afk, thought I was doing it intentionally? Apparently this player here who was testing the Daring doesn't realize that once you're afk or got disconnected, the game AI will take control of your ship direction and main battery guns will be pointed randomly. Of course crashes in game is an unpleasant experience to everyone and there's nothing much you can do about it while in game but doesn't help if there's one damn salty kid throwing salt at you identifying yourself as a supertester, more like Content Removed, apparently he had sand in Content Removed. Was more amazed on his/her childish behaviour in the chatbox than trying to adjust the settings in game. Haha no surprise weekend extra salty and spicy. Lay off the curry bro, makes you extra heaty.

Endgame, didn't get pink and was reported once and I obviously knew who, well I recognize this fellow forummer for who he is now after he shown his embarrassing behaviour in-game. Unsportsmanlike behaviour not for crashing but for a toxic player indeed.

~tc1259

Hello, Yes I was the guy you are referring too. I could post here the replay for public viewing, but can't cause that would be NDA violation.

I made sure of one thing, I didn't use any bad word or slang, I criticized your terrible plays. You took a total of 4 enemy salvo and you lost 80% of your Yamato HP from that. You were reversing, just short of cap, you let the montana and 3 other cruisers die while saving your paint, and when we could win the game, you missed a full braodside salvo to a bow in yamato from 8 km. I play yamato too, and I know this is how someone plays who has no idea how to play yamato. And yes, I can criticize how you play, your only option would be to block me or mute me. And no I did not report you (ofc I would, didn't have any left), I wasn't the only one who noticed what you were doing, alright?

Also, YOU SHOULD NOT TRY TO TEACH US HOW THE GAME WORKS. We understand that extremely well. When you are disconnected your ship is stopped (just takes enough to get down to 0kts) and your guns are turned to reset position. If it is moving it means you are auto piloting, or AFK. If you want to argue about it, I will send the replay with a report for pretending to be AFK and I am sure you do not want that. If you want to lie, make sure to do it to someone who has game knowledge lower than you.

I know the rules, I know how to get things done. You on the other hand, do not. So please keep that in mind. I am never mad at people who are trying, I am mad at afk + reversing BBs.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,174 posts
10,495 battles
4 hours ago, BLOODSHOTNIPPLES said:

~tc1259

*Looks at the player's name... looks at the content he has posted*
>AI takes control of your ship ok... main battery guns will be pointed randomly.... Uh... u wot now? they will just get reset to the initial position... but hey he knows it all... ok moving on...

Game crashed 3 times.... okay get a new pc not his fault for you being AFK whole game and talking about toxicity mate your post says it all who is being toxic about things.. All the talk about embarrassing behavior unsportsmanlike behavior, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WAS AFK not him He was there for the team where YOU were having trouble with YOUR PC so I don't see why is it his fault for saying YOU are AFK....

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,420 battles

Why does the game even penalize this? 

So your losing get annoyed and quit out early, what did you just save yourself from? Where is the exploit? Your team is going to lose anyway so who is being harmed except you?

Assuming it gives gold and +1 invincibility for 10mins next match, wouldn't it be best to A remove those buffs :), or B give players the benefit of the doubt and allow this once a month once a fortnight? 

If it's to hurt afk players I thought afk meant you didn't move all game? 

4 posts
6,226 battles
9 minutes ago, Soloun said:

give players the benefit of the doubt and allow this once a month once a fortnight? 

they do. that's why you're pink for 1 game. pink barely means anything anyway(and only punishes you if you do team damage). it's only if you have repeated instances of leaving that you actually start getting severe punishments 

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
16 hours ago, Soloun said:

Why does the game even penalize this? 

Why? You may remember all the players complained about AFK and similar. As a response, WG introduced the “un-sportsmanship behaviour” mechanism.

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t, I guess?