You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Border humping not punished enough

33 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Some player from some clan really showed how little dignity people can have in ranked

Border humping for 8 straight minutes in a Stalingrad, abusing the flawed physics.

It's pretty annoying when people abuse the border and the reduced maneuverability really don't make them any more vulnerable. Whatever they are using.

I liked the bathtub border where when you hit it you just stop. And have to reverse out. And get punished for it.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Infact, border humping is STILL one of the easiest tactics to dodge shells, because you can't even tell where the ship actually is.

I wish WG made ships lose HP while they keep in contact with border. Just like friendly ramming.

243 posts
345 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I wish WG made ships lose HP while they keep in contact with border.

Like in BF 1? 

I think we should build a wall and the sea dogs will pay for it, nah jk.

145 posts
1,261 battles

Stalingrads doing that? then it is a VERY POSITIVE GOOD HISTORICALLY ACCURATE TACTIC. stalingrad players are well skilled because I dont have it it is really hard to get. and my parents told me to learn from high skilled people. :cap_haloween:

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

But ... but ... but my BB need a sharp turn ! :fish_nerv:
Similar trick when I need a quick full stop, I just ram and Island and instant reverse/forward engine. :Smile_child:

But I suggest WG to add another penalty to anyone touch the border for more than 30second~1minute :
1. Main Cannon, 2nd Battery & AA damage -50%
2. Chance of causing Fire on Target -100%
3. Risk of Fire +100%
4. Armor modifier -50%
5. Range Detection & visibility reduce by 75% (aka similar to storm condition)

I believe this penalty would make people think twice to touch the border without magically drain the ship HP.

Edited by MissMeMiss

1,105 posts

the only best solution for this problem is by overbuffing CV to the extend when there is no sheep that can stay afloat if targeted by CV. those pesky stalingrad wont be able to dodge AP bomb from memeway or 4x4 Torpedo drop from hakuryu.

there wont be any complain of new powercreep T9 T10 if CV have massive firepower compred to now...

243 posts
345 battles
1 hour ago, MissMeMiss said:

Similar trick when I need a quick full stop, I just ram and Island and instant reverse/forward engine. :Smile_child:

But I suggest WG to add another penalty to anyone touch the border for more than 30second~1minute :
3. Risk of Fire +100%
4. Armor modifier -50%

I believe this penalty would make people think twice to touch the border without magically drain the ship HP.

That is the equivalent to 0 stats point, blind, instant fire from HE, damage reduced half. 

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
36 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

the only best solution for this problem is by overbuffing CV to the extend when there is no sheep that can stay afloat if targeted by CV. those pesky stalingrad wont be able to dodge AP bomb from memeway or 4x4 Torpedo drop from hakuryu.

there wont be any complain of new powercreep T9 T10 if CV have massive firepower compred to now...

There's the Sharkbait post we all have been eagerly waiting for.

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles
19 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Infact, border humping is STILL one of the easiest tactics to dodge shells, because you can't even tell where the ship actually is.

I wish WG made ships lose HP while they keep in contact with border. Just like friendly ramming.

make them detonate if they stay in there more than 2m

1,859 posts
5,797 battles
13 hours ago, MissMeMiss said:

3. Risk of Fire +100%
4. Armor modifier -50%

Actually just give them the drakon RNG then kappa

242 posts
5,804 battles

Just make if you cross the border, your ship survives, but leaves the game for rest of battle.

In my experience, most time I hit border is because I’m kiting or shooting and wasn’t paying attention, and usually try to turn away as soon as possible. Border doesn’t give any prior warning like islands.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles
18 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Just make if you cross the border, your ship survives, but leaves the game for rest of battle.

In my experience, most time I hit border is because I’m kiting or shooting and wasn’t paying attention, and usually try to turn away as soon as possible. Border doesn’t give any prior warning like islands.

Hitting it and turning away immediately is fine, but straight up rushing to it and sitting on it for most of the match is what should be punished

[ZA]
156 posts
7,353 battles

If someone hug border for 8 mins, and your team still can't kill him or won the game. Then maybe that is your problem. Just maybe.....

[ZA]
156 posts
7,353 battles

btw it is very easy to hit someone border hugging. Only if you know how to lead, because they lost all the speed. However, you will need to aim exactly at the border line not in front or behind borderline. because the ship will only move along that line.

Edited by sunlo2013

307 posts
4,060 battles
21 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

Ah there we go. The famous CV overbuff suggestion. Anyway how did you get numerous amount of reputation?

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
On 8/26/2018 at 11:42 PM, icy_phoenix said:

There's the Sharkbait post we all have been eagerly waiting for.

The commercial secret of Sharks wins over eagles last month.

145 posts
1,261 battles
3 hours ago, MissMeMiss said:

Why not WG make this instead ? ... Border humping will 100% gone for sure !!!
2x0pe6jxx8r01.jpg

NO NO NO NO many people will die by mistaken afk or anything and your team might autolose.

I have an idea.

LISTEN TO ME

EArth is round. So whenever someone touches the border he should be teleported to other / Opposite side of the map. :cap_haloween: :cap_haloween: :cap_haloween: :cap_haloween:

Edited by Labeat

242 posts
5,804 battles
10 hours ago, Labeat said:

NO NO NO NO many people will die by mistaken afk or anything and your team might autolose.

I have an idea.

LISTEN TO ME

EArth is round. So whenever someone touches the border he should be teleported to other / Opposite side of the map. :cap_haloween: :cap_haloween: :cap_haloween: :cap_haloween:

As I implied in an earlier post, WoWs should go for more realism. If you cross the border, your ship leaves the battle, you escape from the enemy forces, you also fail the objective. In lieu of not facing a firing squad for cowardice, your ship will still be unavailable until the end of the battle, and you lose some so from final score.

1,483 posts

Maybe if you haven't left the border within 40 seconds, then the engines completely stall for the rest of the game, that would certainly curtail the "border humping technique", & maybe it would make people actually watch where they are going !!! 

Ordrazz

145 posts
1,261 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

As I implied in an earlier post, WoWs should go for more realism. If you cross the border, your ship leaves the battle, you escape from the enemy forces, you also fail the objective. In lieu of not facing a firing squad for cowardice, your ship will still be unavailable until the end of the battle, and you lose some so from final score.

Dont forget about those brainless CVs who press S and forgets about his position...