kongman

Who do you target first

65 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

I love killing dd , it's so much fun and so easy , all the dd drivers are so predictable, so who do you guys target first 

it also depends on what you are playing 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

In general? Cruisers. 

While playing a battleship, I'll shell other battleships at 15-20km ranges (and take potshots at their carrier if its close enough). Dropping below 15km, I'll retarget to any visible cruisers. All I need is one good salvo to land and that CA will be missing a massive chunk of hp, usually enough to make it shear out of line. If any destroyers are visible below 10km, I'll retarget to them (trying to actively hit a moving DD at >10km is a matter of luck). Absolute priority on whichever ship is in a capture zone, even if I have to shell empty smoke. Never know if you luck out and landed the golden BB.

While playing a cruisers, I'll target any visible destroyer first (to mess up possible attack runs, or punish particularly determined captains), then retarget to cruisers and try to citadelcrit them before they citadelcrit me (it's going to happen). I try to keep out of view of enemy battleships and only fire on those that are already engaging another target. Usually shower them with HE shells to try knocking out batteries or make them waste the repair team.

Playing a DD? Sneak up for a long distance torpedo shot at a BB, or duel with other DDs/CAs between islands. The latter option rarely ends well, but is incredibly fun. I'm a terrible DD captain anyway and you should not listen to me about how to play DDs.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

As a mostly US cruiser guy, other cruisers. When Im in a BB its a bit more dependent, sometimes I join the main force and get into long range duels with BBs, sometimes I head to the other flank and see if I can bully a few cruisers.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

If Im a DD I prefer to flank around and try to sneak in the back way for some CV love.  Cruiser is no real pattern,  BB is use my range and health to try to hold a flank.

CV depends on the gameplay.  It a flank seems empty Ill put bombers there, if the flanks are even then Ill go around the edge of the map and try for the enemy CV.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

If I'm on a BB, another BB I suppose, because 2km - 3km gun duels is <3

if I'm on a DD, I suppose a CA or another DD or maybe a BB (if he's like on tunnel vision mode) if there are CV's nearby I switch to them as a priority target

If I'm on a CL/CA I prefer taking out a DD first then go for the enemy CL/CA

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

I normally kill Cruisers then BB's as a BB

As a cruiser I kill cruisers, DD's and damage BB's.

As a CV I kill BB's and enemy CV's.

As a DD I try to kill BB's but miss, wait a minute and a half and die from a single lucky shot.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

I allways target Chappo first. When he is on my team its even more imperative. Works for me.... :trollface: 

(Yes, today is offiically "Pick on Chappo Day". An anually recurring event, now in its third return)

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

I allways target Chappo first. When he is on my team its even more imperative. Works for me.... :trollface: 

(Yes, today is offiically "Pick on Chappo Day". An anually recurring event, now in its third return)

Spelling mistakes aside... COME AT ME BRAH

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Admins first, then full moderators, other in training moderators, ex-alpha testers then the seal cubs ;)

You see KaZ, you shoot him, then you get delicious pastries from him. :^)

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

as an american DD i take out other destroyer (specially japanese DD) first to prevent them to cause unnecessary damage.

as cruiser i prioritize DD>cruiser>cv(if they are in range)>bb.

as bb player i prioritize DD or anything that is closest to my range. but i prioritize ca because over bb because they are easier to kill than battleships and i don't want them to accidentally take out my guns or cause fire, it also make my allied dd more safe. 

Beta Tester
22 posts
2,631 battles

Most times I run in my Fuso, and in her I target the EASY targets first. By easy I mean the ones that are not zig zagging. So unless directly threatend, I will fire at 20km at a straight moving target before I will shoot a zig zag at 15 km.

Of course once a ship gets to 15 or even 10 KM, then he becomes priority.

If it is a DD below 10, then he is priority.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

In theory, I try to attack the biggest threat to my own survival first. In reality, I target the YOLO'er who is charging straight into my guns.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

In theory, I try to attack the biggest threat to my own survival first. In reality, I target the YOLO'er who is charging straight into my guns.

stop shooting me ;)

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

First one to have all my barrels lined up on, with correction in distance and time to hit.... then I forget I had loaded HE, and not AP... :(