You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HuginnKR

WoWS Update 0.7.8

WoWS Update 0.7.8  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the 0.7.8 update?

• I like it!!!
    • I have some doubts about this patch.
    • I don't like it at all.

27 comments in this topic

WG Staff
465 posts

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our 0.7.8 update for WoWS!!! We would like to hear your thoughts on how you like this update. Tell us your comments. 

Here are the inclusions for this update so far:

1. Arsenal: Anniversary section

2. Festive Collection

3. Japanese Destroyer

4. Ranked battle

You can check detail patch note here: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-078-wows-birthday

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,420 battles

I now can't get the game to even display, it brings up an error message and I have to alt tab out to close that box then can't get back into the game.

I'd start a support thingy but whats the point?

Play another game screw this crap, sorry edited to get rid of the bad word /shakes head. 

Got it to kinda work now as well, good stuff, not. 

Edited by Soloun
needed to remove the word shit from the post

[LBAS]
4,466 posts
25,606 battles

0. Get that filthy mud blood lycan web browser disguised Launcher WGC the hell of out my game :etc_swear:

1. Arsenal too poor, nothing special for Anniversary, plus overpriced signals, poor choice for camo section

Edited by MatterCore

29 posts
15,565 battles

Congratulations on the release of 0.7.8 and an advance 3rd year anniversary as well. Well some doubt arise during playing with the current patch.

Was having graphical issues on a system which smoothly working on previous versions (on high settings). Gameplay interrupts with bad framerate slowing down to 10fps (overall on 30-40fps).

Same goes to on medium settings. But when change the graphic setting to low, it runs on 60 - 70 fps with no problem.

Systems as follows
i3-2400, 8G ram, GTX 1050ti

On the other hand, love your UI scaling for my other RIG in 4k

Rgds

16 posts

Graphic display not working after update 0.7.8 ,  screen resolution  1920X1080 used to be working perfectly is wrongly displayed and is regarded by game client as "low resolution" and can't even display the 4th carousel.  

Problem solved after resetting many settings and reinstall drivers..

Edited by Kimberley8
update progress

1,484 posts

Ever since the WGC updated itself last night just before the patch,  its been harder for me to Start the game, as I try to press play (the big orange button), my clicks don't seem to register, so the game doesn't start... & I have to manually close the WGC including the active background icon hidden the bottom right of task bar, then restart the client again... Then if it wants to, then I can get the game to start...  I hate the WGC.

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

[KGHSF]
3,203 posts
6,030 battles
10 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

I don't want WGC

8 hours ago, Anger_Lehner said:

Ban WGC!

Can we not go ahead and :etc_swear: it? 
WE DON'T CARE IF OLDER CLIENT WAS 
:etc_swear: UP! 
WHAT THE 
:etc_swear: JOKES ALL THE TIME WITH WGC,HONESTLY  :Smile-angry:

340 posts
7,054 battles

There's a bug that after a battle when you come back to port I can't open the chat windows at the bottom of the screen. Did it last patch as well. Restarting client fixes it.

326 posts
10,506 battles

Here's my feedback so far for this patch:

1/ The clan page section size is freaking small. Those who use UHD/ 4K resolution will notice it. It's really uncomfortable even u change the UI scale,  u wont get the full page.

shot-18_08.25_10_30.28-0939.thumb.jpg.f2b6ceec3a68d2abe6dc11e73794b0e3.jpg

2/ The Dynamic Crosshair line is hard to see when try to aiming. It's pretty annoying because u can't see the line very well.

Before the update the crosshair was really fine & easy to use  when aiming.

shot-17_05.14_14_13.18-0870.thumb.jpg.385946fd2f8192c23086588ac8a765db.jpg

But after the update, the crosshair line become too thin at the center and can't contrasts very well in certain weather or the sea water itself.

shot-18_08.25_10_26.58-0997.thumb.jpg.74416313ca8d7937d4ac05386232819a.jpg

Or even when u point the view to the land in good weather in the game

shot-18_08_25_10_25.53-0331.thumb.jpg.e8b6e1e346da8def67189bd90827cf48.jpg

Please fix it. 

Edited by ArchKongou

145 posts
1,265 battles

Welp. Game refuses to load after 10-12 consecutive successful battles. Got banned twice today. Didnt happened before.

shot-18.08.27_18.44.57-0576.jpg

shot-18.08.27_19.07.48-0851.jpg

30 posts
1,079 battles
19 小時前,Labeat 說:

Welp. Game refuses to load after 10-12 consecutive successful battles. Got banned twice today. Didnt happened before.

maybe your computer has too much stuff in it(mine had some problems untill my cousin told me to take the CD out of my computer) or the server is overloaded.......

145 posts
1,265 battles
6 minutes ago, world_of_war_battle said:

maybe your computer has too much stuff in it(mine had some problems untill my cousin told me to take the CD out of my computer) or the server is overloaded.......

I double checked. It doesnt have any. If it had any "much stuff" it would've refused earlier before playing a single battle. 

1,011 posts
7,430 battles

Since the patch I was kicked out of the games several times, which didn't happen with previous patches. Often I was not able to log in straight away.

On top of being kicked out, I was rewarded by WG with a "unsupporting behaviour" message.

5 posts
8,534 battles
On 8/27/2018 at 11:17 PM, Labeat said:

shot-18.08.27_19.07.48-0851.jpg

ur computer is potatoes labeeb

1,484 posts

Since the last 2 patches, the game has been inundated with Bots,  running 24-7 doing grinding for unscrupulous people so they can make profit on the accounts.....

so something must be wrong with the security measures that you have in place, to get such a sudden massive increase in bot activity.....

Most of the bots that i have seen (now its like at least 1-2-3 per every second or 3rd match)  have names that are just strings of numbers, & if you look at thier profile they have a massive amount of games played vs the time that they registered....  i have even come across bots that are in some clans, where most of the stats in the whole clan are hidden, but if you see them play, they play worse than a potato player, by exhibiting the same bot behavior that the others do...

some people have suggested that they are operating from scripts, so please ask your tech boys how to disable script running, & find the exploit they are suddenly using, as it is ruining game play for both sides

Ordrazz