You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shifty_Panzer

Problem With Pushing a Flank as a Battleship

13 comments in this topic

243 posts
345 battles

Im just gonna make this thread quick and simple alright mate? good. :cap_like: BTW Dont get me wrong, i only have 150 battles.

As a German battleship player (im by any mean not an experienced or a unicum) it is my role to absorb damage, support and push a flank, but 70% of the time, my team would just sit at the back and just wouldnt support. I dont complaint, but it just suck. Even Flamu mentioned this, if you want to be aggressive German BB, you will need support if not you are basically just yoloing.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

Campers or snipersbutneverhit .. is just too many in wows. You can do anything bout it..I sometime after tired of them I normally play even worse than them, I go behind them.

[ZA]
160 posts
7,353 battles

In my opinion pushing flank in a BB, required few condition. Since BB don't have good concealment and speed to disengage.

First, you will need visibility, ie a good concealment ship to scout for you. It usually be a DD or in some case light cruisers.

Second, you will need overwhelming fire power over opposite side. 

Third, you opponent didn't hold cross firing position. Or ships that hold those cross firing position has been cleared/ killed.

Knowing when to stop pushing or stop shooting and disengage also extreme important. When we play in division, situational awareness and remind division mate to disengage while danger arise are one of main skill to achieve high win rate.

As a BB, if you push without above condition, then please don't complaint other players camp behind you. Pushing as BB is an art need a lot of experience to master. It is good to know that you start watch flamu at such early stage. I also learn a lot from flamu's video. 

Btw, there misconception regarding "absorb damage, support and push a flank", . Absorb damage not equal to rush in and take excessive amount of damage or being kill off completely.  Absorb damage means that you use armor, angle, maneuverability as well as heal, all combine to minimize damage taken.   

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Never push a flank alone unless you know you can win opposing enemy lineup. You can always do a pull.

Pushing and pulling both work. You pull a flank, that creates a vacuum on other flank, so your teammates can push easily.

Now, how to do that. Go up to your concealment range, shoot and retreat. Now you have huge advantage. Remember, kiter always have advantage over chaser.

Beta Tester
906 posts

Same thing happens tier 10.

In fact this will be one of the down falls of this game. The campy useless players. Game after game its the same. 

I really cant be flapped playing for a win any more. Just farm dmg and level up. Let the game and its meta die. 

Move on to another game. Nothing will change. 

218 posts
11,477 battles

as bb u can generally push if u have a dd /ca on ur 10 or 2 o'clock at least 5 km from u and u know enemy torpboat capable ship around. dont bother if this condition isn't met. pray the dd player is smart enough to realize this too.

156 posts
4,055 battles

Pushing flank in a BB? Thats blasphemy. BB's are for sitting cozily at the back of the map and sniping. Being aggressive in a BB? Well 9 out of 10 times your teammates will leave you to die alone and you will be focus fired to death within 2 mins. And your teammates will call names on you as you lost them the game. Welcome to BB gameplay. 

308 posts
4,060 battles

Pushing flank with BB is something that is so hard to learn. You should practice positioning above aiming and then you can learn how to flank. But I dare you to go alone. First of all, you need to join a division of unicums that contains at least one DD and one CA or CL (which is very hard to find). And then pay attention of what they are doing. Why they do this and do that? or you can watch a replay and watch some flamu or flambass videos.

340 posts
7,054 battles
11 hours ago, SlamUez said:

Same thing happens tier 10.

In fact this will be one of the down falls of this game. The campy useless players. Game after game its the same. 

I really cant be flapped playing for a win any more. Just farm dmg and level up. Let the game and its meta die. 

Move on to another game. Nothing will change. 

Over abundance of radar in T10 doesn't help us DD players scout and push with torps at the moment. 

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

I would say man up and careless about the consequences.

MAN UP AND FIGHT !!
Have fun trashing left and right where enemy run away from your splendour and outlandish Krupp steel.

Thats what this is all about , stop caring about the side road plebians.

243 posts
345 battles
16 hours ago, sunlo2013 said:

First, you will need visibility, ie a good concealment ship to scout for you. It usually be a DD or in some case light cruisers.

Alright mate, i usually got a DD for scouting. Because naturally DD will just scout, fire some torps, pop smoke for the BB and run away.

But i still agree with you, there are some condition to take in mind if you want to push.

16 hours ago, sunlo2013 said:

It is good to know that you start watch flamu at such early stage. I also learn a lot from flamu's video. 

Well i watch other youtubers too, i learn a lot from them. :cap_like:

243 posts
345 battles
15 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Remember, kiter always have advantage over chaser.

Well i always lure the enemy into an area where my team have an advantage if im retreating.