Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dano07

Akizuki and Commander Skills

7 comments in this topic

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

Hi 

I am Just about to jump into a Akizuki with an almost level ten commander with an eye to using him for the next two ships in that particular line.

So the questions I have are :

1. Can I get away with not having CE ( I will probably get a permanent camo for the ships and that may do ? ) I do think CE is very useful but I wondered if other choices are better overall ?

2. What is first pick for a four point skill ( if I don't get CE ) Aft or Ifhe - I thought the extra range would give more options ? 

3. Was thinking in this order PT, LS, DE, AFT, IFHE, AR, BFT  - I could give up DE or BFT and would also have to give up AR which would then mean I could get CE and then take PM  ?

4. It would seem that DE is useful if you take IFHE but perhaps BFT would also make a better impact ?

4. Anything to know about Akizuki that's not obvious or game play hints ?

Many Thanks

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

1. Akizuki is already hard to play with CE, she might have the dpm of a khabarovsk, but she ain't one. She can't juke like Khaba. So get CE to be more useful in contesting caps and murdering enemy DD.

2. None. Do not take AFT or IFHE. You no longer need IFHE I think. The HE penetrations were buffed.

3. I'd go for 4 t3 skills, SE, SI, DE, BFT and 1 t4 skill, CE.

Edit: if you still wanna go with IFHE for raw he spamming, then replace 2 t3 skills that you don't like with ifhe+ar.

Edited by icy_phoenix

326 posts
10,550 battles

If u  want to release Akizuki true performance, u may need at lease 14/15 skill point for ur captain. It's nothing so much u can do if u only have 10 points to ur captain.

But if u still want to run Akizuki with 10 captain, here some of my build recomendation:

1st skill tree - U may choose between Preventive Maintenance  or Priority Target (to see how many ships aim at u, for ur own safety ofc)

2nd skill tree - Go for Last Stand. Its very critical for u to keep moving.

3rd skill tree - U can go for Demolition Expert (more fire) or Superintendent (for extra smoke & speed boost)

4th skill tree - Go for Concealment Expert. Stealth are everything for Akizuki.

What most important thing is u may need to adapt her gamestyle. She's slow, hard to turn, always end up in tier 10 match & once u get spotted, u may facing a hell of bullet coming towards u.  So plan ahead & always watch what kind of opponent ships that u facing before the match start, especially when u facing radar ships - keep in ur mind the radar distant of ur enemy ships have.

BTW, this is my Akizuki build.  I'm quite aggressive when playing DD, so I don't recommend it to anybody. I don't know about the rest but I still go for IPHE, especially when I'm facing BB's or CL's. Damage & survivability are everything for Akizuki for my build.

shot-18_08.22_12_06.54-0635.thumb.jpg.674b13ab57e8fe54d303e71fbcf9e55e.jpg

Despite all of her disadvantages, I still really love and enjoy to play her till now. It's really challenging but the enjoyment is quite satisfying once u know how to adapt her.

Edited by ArchKongou

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

Thanks for the replies

What is the value of PM over PT ? 

You don't think extra fire chance ( DE ) is useful with IFHE ?

And I would have thought that AFT for extra range rather useful ?

Also what Upgrades do you recommend and why ?

Thanks

606 posts
7,618 battles
1 hour ago, Dano07 said:

Thanks for the replies

Thanks

• PM reduces your risk of your modules getting incapacitated by 50%
  • IFHE+DE=1% more fire chance, not much differences
  • Akizuki already have 12.5km range(upgraded gun range included)9

If you were to engage with your gun, you will have more chance to get undetected sooner  without AFT(12.5km) than having AFT(13km)

Edited by Gummilicious

326 posts
10,550 battles
3 hours ago, Dano07 said:

Thanks for the replies

Thanks

Preventive Maintenance to reduce ur chance your module get incapacitated in battle. 

If u put Demolition Expert + IPHE, I have try this build before but it doesn't giving so much outcome. Even u didn't put DE skill, u still can burn any ships no matter what thanks to rain of shells from Akizuki. (Its pretty good to spam rain of shells towards enemy ships with Akizuki, its really annoy the people).

As for AFT, it just giving u a small increase of shooting distant and even u take it, trust me u cant even hit anything with Akizuki in max distant. The best range for Akizuki to shoot is within 11km for bigger target (such as enemy BB/ cruiser) & less than 7km for enemy DD, since Akizuki is best for ambush ur enemy line. (Remember island is ur best friend, so learn to shoot behind island. Its really help a lot).

Even u plan to make Akizuki as AA build DD with AFT, how many CV u can find in high tier battle . If u still want to go with AA build, just take AA gun module for ur upgrade,  make it 6.0km range of ur AA which already good enough to kill low tier CV plane & to kill enemy spotter plane in battle (which is main reason why I take this module, it's really annoying if enemy spotter plane can spotted u before u do anything).

This is my module build for Akizuki. I take Propulsion Mod 2 instead Steering Mod 2 since Akizuki really "take a year to start her engine" which freaking stupid, which is also really important when u plan to play hit and run to avoid enemy shells while shooting to ur enemy at the same time. 

shot-18_08.22_17_13.33-0430.thumb.jpg.f190c287b4679006a03dc3b4238e14d8.jpg

Additional note, always be with ur friendly ships. When trouble comes, ask for cover fire and always use radio for assistant. Play her like u play a mini-cruiser.

Unless u stupid enough like me - be manly, ambush enemy base by ur own while others still stay behind and wreck enemy ships like nobody business. Then u welcome to join my bandwagon. (Again, I'm quite aggressive when comes to DD play. Even my clan mate when play with me & told me that "Are u out of ur mind?" ). But then again, shooting AP to ur enemy ships in close range with lots of citadel ribbons with Akizuki are glorious.

shot-17_04.28_18_34.49-0085.thumb.jpg.0f1f59d12c4facca42410c48ebf010a2.jpg

Edited by ArchKongou

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

PM in DDs is pretty useless since you will have last stand anyway, plus, the shell caliber that will hit you most times going to break everything in your ship regardless of whether you have PM or not.

PT on the other hand gives you information. That's why competitive players prefer skills like PT, RPF over many other skills. Any skill that gives you information is always a good one.

When you get spotted, everyone looking at you automatically get a target lock, and you can easily decide judging from PT counter whether to engage or disengage.

In short, PT is a must on every DD.

For akizuki, I'd rate DE as least useful among one of the 4 I mentioned in above post. You hit so many shells, you start fire anyway. You can use two signal flags to increase your fire chance by 2%.

While AFT means more range for both your main guns and AA mounts, this also means you are detected from further by ships and planes when shooting at stuffs. Besides, you will always be much closer than your max range. Don't forget, shells tand to lose penetrations with increase in range. It's not always a good thing.

Modwise, nothing special, just get what every dds get. Consider taking AA range mod since your AA is pretty good.

Sign in to follow this