Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Late tier premiums problems.

30 comments in this topic

309 posts
4,065 battles

The power creep seen in the past 12 months is disturbing. with every new premium release, the trade offs of the past like Scharnhorst, Gnesenau, Tirpitz, or Bismarck seem to be gone out the window. The new Premiums are just better and that is wrong. Like Zoup states, they should be different with the only benefit being that Premiums make a little more money and XP as trainers. I didn't own Missouri, but her economics should have never entered the game. Such blatant bonuses break the game and are alienating any new player base growth. Just think how overwhelming and expensive this game must seem to a new player to warships! and their double nerf of Alsace is unforgivable. Even before Jean Bart is thrown in our faces. When will WG realise that not all players has so much money to spent? There are players out there that relies on their parents to buy something that is in game/online. And if their parents are strictful what they can do? that is what my friend is suffering. I love this game, and it tears at me that WG seems to be doing its best to wreck it. This can't be allowed to get worse. All of us need to take the time with every survey and voice our concerns over this severe power creep every survey, in forum threads - even thumbs up to the topics to add our names to the concern before this game begins losing players. Once that begins it is over, and I fear it is nearing a breaking point.

Share your opinions.

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Well WG have trapped themselves in the corner here.

On one hand players don't want overpowered P2W Premiums for obvious reasons. But on the other hand there are plenty of players who refuse to buy Premium ships unless they are ridiculous strong to justify their payment. Just look at how many people say they are going to pass over a ship just because some reviewer like Flamu or Little White Mouse gives those ships an average rating.

Unfortunately WG will follow where the money is, so why make a balanced Premium and get only a little money when they can get a Premium that outstrips its tech tree counterparts and get people flocking to it in droves. So unless the playerbase actually puts their money where their mouth is and boycott overtuned Premiums and only buy balanced ones, WG will probably continue making Premiums that are just straight up better than their tier counterparts.

Imo what WG needs to do are two things: A) Man up and be willing to nerf Premium ships directly, and B) reduce the price of these Premium ships. Because let's face it, these Premium ships are extremely expensive. I can buy a recently released AAA game for the price of a high tier Premium ship. And let's not even talk about things like Steam sales. Of course players are going to want those ships to be stronger than average if they are going to spend so much money on it. Of course they are going to be pissed if those ships get nerfed. But if those ships were a lot cheaper then people wouldn't care as much. They will be more willing to buy a famous historical ship even if it was just average performance wise, or if the ship had a different playstyle compared to its tier counterparts. Nerf the ship? Who cares, it didn't cost that much anyway.

But until these things happen, powercreep will continue to occur, sadly.

309 posts
4,065 battles
5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Well WG have trapped themselves in the corner here.

On one hand players don't want overpowered P2W Premiums for obvious reasons. But on the other hand there are plenty of players who refuse to buy Premium ships unless they are ridiculous strong to justify their payment. Just look at how many people say they are going to pass over a ship just because some reviewer like Flamu or Little White Mouse gives those ships an average rating.

Unfortunately WG will follow where the money is, so why make a balanced Premium and get only a little money when they can get a Premium that outstrips its tech tree counterparts and get people flocking to it in droves. So unless the playerbase actually puts their money where their mouth is and boycott overtuned Premiums and only buy balanced ones, WG will probably continue making Premiums that are just straight up better than their tier counterparts.

Imo what WG needs to do are two things: A) Man up and be willing to nerf Premium ships directly, and B) reduce the price of these Premium ships. Because let's face it, these Premium ships are extremely expensive. I can buy a recently released AAA game for the price of a high tier Premium ship. And let's not even talk about things like Steam sales. Of course players are going to want those ships to be stronger than average if they are going to spend so much money on it. Of course they are going to be pissed if those ships get nerfed. But if those ships were a lot cheaper then people wouldn't care as much. They will be more willing to buy a famous historical ship even if it was just average performance wise, or if the ship had a different playstyle compared to its tier counterparts. Nerf the ship? Who cares, it didn't cost that much anyway.

But until these things happen, powercreep will continue to occur, sadly.

Can you simplifies or conclude of what you are trying to say?

8 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

my opinion: Stop watching ichase

Related image

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles

I see the most pressing issue as T10 premiums.  They can have T9 premiums that are OP (Musashi, Kronk, Missouri all come to mind), but they will still not be the most powerful ships in the game, since their are T10 tech tree ships that are better.  Once they start introducing T10 premiums that are better than the tech tree ones, since they don't nerf premiums they are stuffing up the balance of their most competitive tier, and that spells trouble for the game.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
36 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Related image

If you have watched the latest few wip reviews from iChase, he was non stop whining that the ships weren't powerful enough. Guess who to blame.. lol.

294 posts
2,997 battles

In my opinion, premium ships shouldn't even exist. What should exist are premium camouflages that would add particular premium traits to a tech tree ships i.e cost reduction and enhanced credit earnings. That way people can play their favorite ships and still make bank as well as xp. They can also restrict the camos to tier 8s and below to support mid tier population. That's just my 2 cents.

7 posts
2,510 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

If you have watched the latest few wip reviews from iChase, he was non stop whining that the ships weren't powerful enough. Guess who to blame.. lol.

I guess i am not the only one who sees ichase complains this and that, i stopped watching his videos lately, i rather watch Flamu's reviewing other player's gameplay, and commenting what is wrong or right.

Edited by MrJJ_sniper

318 posts
6,863 battles

Watching iChase makes me reach for the Prozac. Listening to him makes me feel like i'm his family councilor and he's unloading his problems.

1,105 posts
13 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

When will WG realise that not all players has so much money to spent? There are players out there that relies on their parents to buy something that is in game/online. And if their parents are strictful what they can do? that is what my friend is suffering. I love this game, and it tears at me that WG seems to be doing its best to wreck it. 

well, i thought most of warship player is old bag 30++ that have enough monies to purchase high-end aming PC. THAT IS THE REAL MARKET TARGET FOR WG (whale). but wg also consider the smaller fish for keeping the whale play the game. that is why WG is done to make low tier OP ship at mid tier (remove belfast and kutuzov smoke boat) and move on higher tier with obviously a lot of whale.

well, with enough skill i dont think those new power creep is as OP as Buyfast and Kutuzov in old time. they did have massive fire power, but still can be destroyed.

for low cash player, i think buying premium time is enough to print credit rathen than bought $$$100+ ship that you rarely play if you dont like the ship.

13 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

and their double nerf of Alsace is unforgivable. 

it wasnt unforgivable..... IT WAS UNFORGIVEABLE!!! I AM QUIT PLAYING FRENCH BB. Riche sux and Republique bleed credit. Lyon is actually still fine....

well, did you see T10 BoBurgne? 12gun 380 and 70K HP, its so silly lol.

power creep is real, Z-39 is clearly a T8 put in T7 bracket

masasuet is basically iowa with bismarck secondary

etc

THE ONLY FIX of this PROBLEM IS VERY SIMPLE!

BRING BACK OP CV! no one will complain about OP musashi if there is OP CV

no one complain about OP premium sheep IF THERE IS OP CV than can single handedly destroy the ntire team like the old day

1,105 posts
Just now, LonerPrime said:

I always wonder who ended up giving sharkbek a thumbs up not once, not twice but 195 times.:cap_fainting:

you also need to consider thumb up my alt on this forum :V

anyway, those thumb up and number of post is useless. people will mostly recognise you by smell of your post. 

sadly because this..., no matter how many alt i make.... people just know it was me right away :cap_old:

1,340 posts
8,848 battles
5 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Can you simplifies or conclude of what you are trying to say?

TL;DR: Powercreep is inevitable and there is not much players can do about it unless they stop buying overpowered Premiums, and buy properly balanced/average performance Premiums.

Edited by Thyaliad

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
36 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

TL;DR: Powercreep is inevitable and there is not much players can do about it unless they stop buying overpowered Premiums, and buy properly balanced/average performance Premiums.

Because given the choice of buying an op or an average ship, players will definitely buy the average ship so that the game is in a better state overall.

1414956029195.gif

381 posts
9,957 battles

I can't say for anyone else but I only consider using real money to buy OP/very good premium ships that might stay effective for a fairly long time. The main reason is the high price WG set for their ships.

40ish dollars for ships like pre-buff Ashitaka or the current Hood is simply not worth it unless you are a fan or collector with lots of spare money.

1,340 posts
8,848 battles
1 hour ago, LunaStinger said:

I can't say for anyone else but I only consider using real money to buy OP/very good premium ships that might stay effective for a fairly long time. The main reason is the high price WG set for their ships.

40ish dollars for ships like pre-buff Ashitaka or the current Hood is simply not worth it unless you are a fan or collector with lots of spare money.

Yup. The price point for these ships are way too high. So players want a overpowered ship as that is more bang for their buck.

1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Because given the choice of buying an op or an average ship, players will definitely buy the average ship so that the game is in a better state overall.

Which is why we have powercreep. Players don't care about balance and would only buy op ships, WG sees that op Premiums sell so they will continue to sell op ships. 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
4 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Players don't care about balance 

Players..(well most players) care about winning.  The same principle applies to every game and developers know that if people can buy an advantage they will.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

ppl complain about balance and said we don't need OP pre "sheeps" but the mediocre sheeps never sold well, small amount of ppl may by it for collection purpose, but most arvenge player of buy pre ships for grinding, if they need to choose there is no reason to not buy a better once. 

So despite all those complain about balance, when OP sheeps release it still sell as hot cake.

245 posts
345 battles

To be honest, high tier premium tanks in WoT is more OP than the tech tree tanks. Same situation in WoT.

Just average WG trying to make moneys, like EA.

82 posts
2,781 battles
12 hours ago, Lowyat said:

capitalism at its best. i don't see people stop asking which is the best ship to buy anytime soon. the question is what is wg gonna do about it.

hmmm, unless you don't work, then your business or the company you work for, if they don't  make money it will go bust.

So If you were running WG, keep on trucking and make money?  and for those that bleat about it not being "free" , who as a business needs those freeloaders.

Sign in to follow this