You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SycoraX81

None Damage Pens

5 comments in this topic

7 posts
4,261 battles

Hi all.

This is really just a question as I don't know if something is broken or not. In my Freddie, T9 German BB it has bad dispersion, is part of the line so I don't have high expectations but why is it so prone to dealing out none damage pens. I'm just trying to understand the game mechanics better.

The results I have in front of me, 37 shells actually hit (we lost so short game)

12 pens

4 None pen

11 Over pen

10 Ricochet

I expect to see the bottom 3 being high in this ship, as aiming and landing is a bit of luck to be honest, but why do 12 pens in this lead to a total match damage of 58K. Does dispersion sigma then have a further roll on the damage? 

At one stage I had 5 pens and junk and was running 7.5K damage. This is one of the worst ships I have seen this with.

Is it a problem, or just a graphic issue, and actually there was no pen?

Cheers

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles

There is a perfectly valid explanation. Listen from the maker themselves.

Penetration can only give you damage if there is any left.

Check more about AP vs modules

Edited by icy_phoenix

7 posts
4,261 battles

Thanks for those. Didn't know about the dual health pools, but makes sense. Doesn't quite answer 0 damage pens. As mentioned in the opening minutes on full health ships I landed shells, 5 were pens, and none recorded damage. Only the overs did damage. 

I guess it's just a ribbon error.

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles
8 minutes ago, SycoraX81 said:

I guess it's just a ribbon error.

Could be, but I thought they have fixed issues with ribbons few patches ago.

As in one of the videos, ships can stay at full HP when the modules take damage, since apart from magazines, none of the other modules (turrets, tubes, aa/secondary, rudder, engine) are connected to hp pool, have their separate hp pool. Is it possible that someone from your team dealt damage and destroyed the modules and your shells landed on those modules? Then you will see 0 damage pens. (As explained in the video).

Can't think of anything else really if this wasn't ribbon bug. Have the replay file by any chance?

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

if the shell was caught onto by a damaged module or the dreaded torpedo belt , this could happen.
I have had 0 damage pen from many cruisers thanks to the thin flimsy torp belt they had.