Sign in to follow this  
MissMeMiss

Torpedo's type, Deep Water & Surface's Torpedo

6 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

It's appear there are 2 type of Torpedo in this game, surface torpedo that dive close to water surface and deep-water torpedo that dive a little bit deeper. I know about it, but never pay much attention to it. But now I need to know the detail for it. So here's the question ...

1. How/where to see the stat of surface torpedo or deep-water torpedo in in-game port ? ... or it must be from outsource such as wiki or similar ?
  2. Are deep-water torpedo give more damage than surface torpedo ? ... or what is the good of deep-water torpedo, compare to surface torpedo ?
  3. What ship that use deep-water torpedo ?
  4. What ship (Destroyer/DD) that won't be hurt by deep-water torpedo (pass through) ?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

1. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Torpedoes#Deep_Water_Torpedoes

2.  Deepwater torpedoes advantage is purely their stealth.  Average spotting distance of .9km

3.  Assashio, PanAsian DD's and Graf Zeppelin torp bombers

4.   Pan Asian DD's cant hit DD's and Assashio cant hit DD's or CL's

604 posts
7,594 battles
19 minutes ago, MissMeMiss said:

It's appear there are 2 type of Torpedo in this game, surface torpedo that dive close to water surface and deep-water torpedo that dive a little bit deeper. I know about it, but never pay much attention to it. But now I need to know the detail for it. So here's the question ...

1. How/where to see the stat of surface torpedo or deep-water torpedo in in-game port ? ... or it must be from outsource such as wiki or similar ?
  2. Are deep-water torpedo give more damage than surface torpedo ? ... or what is the good of deep-water torpedo, compare to surface torpedo ?
  3. What ship that use deep-water torpedo ?
  4. What ship (Destroyer/DD) that won't be hurt by deep-water torpedo (pass through) ?

1. Currently Pan Asia DD and Graf Zeppelin  only have deep water torpedos and they will indicate what class they can hit only

2. Deep-Water torpedos normally do more damage with what @RalphTheTheatreCat said

Asashio deep water torpedo only can hit Battleship and Carrier only

115 posts
2,634 battles

On a related topic, does anyone knows if planes spot torpedoes the same or at different range than ships? I think it should be at closer range since obviously pilots are from further up not to mention they have plane to fly, it's not like ships who might have dedicated watchmen.

156 posts
4,055 battles

Planes can spot torps if they directly fly over the torps. With ships you only spot torps at there detection range in water, unless you have increased torp detection range via hydro acoustic search, improved target acquisition upgrade or vigilance commander skill, all of which increase your ship torp detection range by a certain percentage/distance. 

Planes can spot torps right at the launch if they are flying directly overhead of the ship thats launching torps or if at any point of time planes pass directly over the path of torps. Not sure if the latter part is applicable to DW torps. 

Sign in to follow this