Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bengal_Tiger23

Ashitaka ---- Buffed?

7 comments in this topic

201 posts
1,732 battles

High all. 

Some time ago I was looking at the "Ashitaka" with a view to including her in my collection. But she seemed to have a bit of a "meh" reputation from those who had her. I understand now she has had a bit of a buff and I was wondering if any one here had her and would care to share their own reactions to her.

Alex

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

1,356 posts
8,888 battles

Sorry haven't tried the buffed Ashitaka in Randoms yet. Perhaps I should give her a go... 

She works fine enough in Scenarios. With the Kobayashi camo she can really print out the credits, though I don't know if you can get that camo right now (I know you can't for Kii).

294 posts
2,997 battles

I wonder if they will ever fix Mutsu. Right now as it is, the IJN premium BBs are pitiful at best and Mutsu is neither here nor there. If it faces cruisers, thanks to its 410, it almost always overpenns. If it faces BBs, thanks to it's pre war Type 88 ammo, a lot of shells break on impact at 14+ range. Same pitiful AP shell story on Ishizuchi as well. I'm now reduced to lobbing HE on both ships like the Fuso which frankly feels like a brain dead approach.

201 posts
1,732 battles
18 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Same AP shell as Amagi:(Much)Better penetration,faster shell.

Yes, this actually was the reason I have decided too take a second look at her. Am I correct in assuming that you are really enjoying her now. :Smile_Default:

17 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

She works fine enough in Scenarios. With the Kobayashi camo she can really print out the credits, though I don't know if you can get that camo right now (I know you can't for Kii).

That sounds good to me. Being a bit time poor ATM and for the foreseeable future, I am enjoying Scenarios. I do have some good Premium camo's up my sleeve that I can use on her. 

15 hours ago, LonerPrime said:

I wonder if they will ever fix Mutsu. Right now as it is, the IJN premium BBs are pitiful at best and Mutsu is neither here nor there. If it faces cruisers, thanks to its 410, it almost always overpenns. If it faces BBs, thanks to it's pre war Type 88 ammo, a lot of shells break on impact at 14+ range. Same pitiful AP shell story on Ishizuchi as well. I'm now reduced to lobbing HE on both ships like the Fuso which frankly feels like a brain dead approach.

Can only agree with you mate. Its a bit sad really that those doing the IJN line have to face this situation with the premiums. Perhaps though, things maybe looking up for them if Ashitaka is an example of what WG have in mind for the future. Personally I am RN/KM line with a touch of USN at this early stage. They do seem to have those pretty well worked out. I do have Mutsu and Atago and potentially they could be very good. Atago I really like, but there is just something about her, I dunno I just can't get to grips with. If I could spend more time with her,---- might be able to work her out a bit. 

Many thanks for your inputs. Only short 2000 doubloons so as soon as I make that up, I will grab her and you may see me in Scenarios with her.

Cheers to you all.

Alex

B_T23

[COAT]
1,188 posts
10,205 battles
3 小時前,Bengal_Tiger23 說:

Yes, this actually was the reason I have decided too take a second look at her. Am I correct in assuming that you are really enjoying her now. :Smile_Default:

That sounds good to me. Being a bit time poor ATM and for the foreseeable future, I am enjoying Scenarios. I do have some good Premium camo's up my sleeve that I can use on her. 

Can only agree with you mate. Its a bit sad really that those doing the IJN line have to face this situation with the premiums. Perhaps though, things maybe looking up for them if Ashitaka is an example of what WG have in mind for the future. Personally I am RN/KM line with a touch of USN at this early stage. They do seem to have those pretty well worked out. I do have Mutsu and Atago and potentially they could be very good. Atago I really like, but there is just something about her, I dunno I just can't get to grips with. If I could spend more time with her,---- might be able to work her out a bit. 

Many thanks for your inputs. Only short 2000 doubloons so as soon as I make that up, I will grab her and you may see me in Scenarios with her.

Cheers to you all.

Alex

B_T23

I also recommend this ship:Just an Amagi with less torp protection,25 mm hull and worse AA.

Sign in to follow this