Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

How to Yamato ?

18 comments in this topic

165 posts
3,621 battles

Halo .

Is 80k avg damage in yamato good or what ? I played 60 battles my max was 200k damage . What could I do for further improvements ? Your inputs are greatly appreciated .

Thank you

yamato.PNG

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

80k average on Yamato is far below average. You are looking to get around 100k-110k. That's a good score. You get at least 5k per salvo on average, that needs only 20 salvo to reach 100k, and 20 salvos of Yamato is like 8 minutes only, still 12 minutes left for more damage.

Yamato is a steady pusher. Choose a flank, and start steadily pushing with team. make sure all enemy are on your one side, As a Yamato player, you don't want to get in a situation where you need to turn 180 degrees, that means your turrets will need to rotate more and you do less shooting. Keep an eye out for broadsides, focus on cruisers first. Looking at your survival rate, that's kinda poor for yamato. You rush in too much is what I am guessing.

Not saying you should hug the border or reverse always, but yamato is NOT a brawler, and definitely very slow and will be melt down easily under focus fire. You have to be in a place where enemy cannot focus fire you.

The shells are a bit lazy at shorter range, but your MBR of 28% is pretty good. You just need to work on your map positioning and target selection.... most importantly, not dying too often. That includes staying near AA ships when there is a CV, or staying among friendlies so that they help you detect incoming torpedoes, better DCP management (take dcp mod 1 and 2, and also the special dcp mod if you have any, invest flags that reduces consumable cooldown and increases amount of repair, go for full stealth survival build, take special note to Yamato armor model, she has special citadel shape under the first and 3rd turrets, these are the reasons yamato die so easily in a bow in brawl with other yamato. Avoid brawling with a BB at any cost unless you are certain that you can finish him before he gets to your side.

Watch some youtube videos, they will give you a general idea about ideal map positioning for yamato on various maps and spawn points. My first 30 battles were rough too, coming from Montana to Yamato wasnt the easiest transition. For the next 30 battles I managed to maintain around 150k average. Once you get the hang of driving yamato (which is different from any other T10 BB), you will start seeing numbers popping up left and right.

Edited by icy_phoenix

165 posts
3,621 battles
26 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

You get at least 5k per salvo on average, that needs only 20 salvo to reach

Actually I was getting overpens a lot . Then I checked in port and understood where to exactly aim and or shoot .

26 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

As a Yamato player, you don't want to get in a situation where you need to turn 180 degrees,

I guess this is so true. I often found myself in this very situation .

27 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

You just need to work on your map positioning and target selection

That seems a biggest flaw in my gameplay . I will watch videos .

Much obliged for this God tier input fam .

309 posts
4,065 battles
1 hour ago, 30cmtruedamage said:
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

take dcp mod 1 and 2, and also the special dcp mod

Whats that kek

DCP stands for 'damage control party'. What he means is that you should mount damage control party modification 1 and 2. He shouldn't abbreviate every words though. 

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
10 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

DCP stands for 'damage control party'. What he means is that you should mount damage control party modification 1 and 2. He shouldn't abbreviate every words though. 

He is someone who has been playing Yamato. The fact that he might not know these commonly used abbreviations across all server everywhere in the world never crossed my mind.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles
44 minutes ago, smell_of_cordite said:

I,m still uncertain when someone uses OP do they mean overpowered..?..or Ozzie player..?..other poster..?..or something else

156 posts
4,055 battles
6 hours ago, smell_of_cordite said:

I,m still uncertain when someone uses OP do they mean overpowered..?..or Ozzie player..?..other poster..?..or something else

Or may be just..... 

op-op-oppa-gangnam-style.jpg

156 posts
4,055 battles
8 minutes ago, smell_of_cordite said:

now I am confused!

Well, in gaming WOWS world, OP can be - 

OverPowered - When you are referring a ship, a consumable/upgrade or anything which is kinda overpowered as compared to others in the same category.

Original Poster/Post - One who initiates a thread or can be referred to the first post in a thread

OPerations - The multiple PVE operations that you have in game 

For anything else outside WOWS world, please refer - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OP

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, 30cmtruedamage said:

1-2 seconds not really helps . Btw you talked about awareness so that vigilance skill came to my mind xd

1-2 seconds may help you in how many torpedoes you take. For example, You would be taking 5, but that 1-2 seconds might help you to take 3 instead. However, Just taking Vigilence isn't profitable or useful should I say. You want it in ships that have Hydro on them (Especially the German Special Commander has a bonus to torpedo detection I believe). Also, TASM upgrade helps greatly, but you sacrifice Concealment Mod if you take it. So, the only ship comes to my mind where Vigilance would be anywhere nearly useful is a GK (The german T10 BB).

Having said that, if you want to take Vigil, you must sacrifice one T4 skill, that means you cannot get full secondary build on GK, and instead you have to go standard concealment + FP build, but then again, you sacrificed concealment upgrade, that makes this build sub optimal too.

In short, if you take Vigilance, ANY POSSIBLE build you go with it will be sub optimal.

Sign in to follow this