Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

free camera in port please

16 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

never mind battle map 

but the PORT in this game is ABSOLUTE GORGEOUS!

saint peter burg, new york, zepang, hawaii, etc you name it!

too bad I can't rome around and take a closer look to those beautiful scenery, I don't mind the invisible wall that block player to go too far out.

I like angle like that I'm standing on the seaside port and saw my ship floating out there.

is it too hard to program? any kind of technical limitation??

or they just make port only 1 direction with ship at center and has no texture on other side?

or there's free cam in port already but I din't even know it????? if that case please enlighten me.

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

I ask for a free cam each time they send out an email survey,mainly to check out the ships better,but for looking around the ports would be good to.

I did see a dev say a long time ago they were hesitant about letting players to close to the ships due o the necessarily low res textures they have.

257 posts
5,829 battles

There are probably technical reasons why they can’t.

But I would also love it if the could. For all the effort they put into the ports, you really should be able to get a better view.

1,498 posts

i would love to be able to walk on the ships, you know have the camera scale down if you press a button, then you can climb the stairs, walk next to a gun turret & loo up at the bridge, or climb up the masts...  like a tourist camera mode of something....  i'd love to stand on my Bismarck bows in scale camera mode 7 say " I'm KING of the world, woohoo woohhooo..... "  (famous quote time)

because all the graphics are done, surely it'd just be upscaling them & shrink the camera so it would appear that you are the right scale to be onboard ship?

how about passing all this threads ideas into the dev discussion table @HuginnKR ?

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

249 posts
347 battles

Free cam would be really useful for making wallpaper tbh. With free cam you could roam around your ship, that would be really nice. 

They need to put attention to details

10 posts

Hold down your right mouse button whilst in port, all the UI vanishes and you can the zoom in and out and rotate round the entire ship, only works round the ship though.  Doesn't allow a truly free camera option where you check out the entire port which would be a fantastic option.

Edited by CaptAjax

249 posts
347 battles
11 hours ago, CaptAjax said:

Hold down your right mouse button whilst in port, all the UI vanishes and you can the zoom in and out and rotate round the entire ship, only works round the ship though.  Doesn't allow a truly free camera option where you check out the entire port which would be a fantastic option.

How about that big WoWs watermark???

39 posts
12,856 battles

On 8/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, CaptAjax said:

This works pretty well for viewing the ship, although there are limitations on the movement and viewing angles.  There are two ways to get some more angles:

On the right of the screen, you can click on things like "Torpedoes" or "AA", which will move the camera for a close-up view of the nearest example.  Click on the icon again and it takes you to the next one.  For example. you want to get a closer look at a catapult plane, and you notice that there is a secondary gun right next to it, this technique might get you a better view.

Also, when you choose the signals/flags screens, the camera moves to a different location, you can rotate around the ship for some different viewing angles and distances.  Again, right mouse button will make the UI vanish (good for screenshots).

Edited by Shanghai_Slim

330 posts
4,094 battles

Actually WG can implement this. Don't you see that every time they launch a trailer they always do a cinematic in the battle or at the port. But I don't know why they didn't let us use it. Maybe cinematic camera only exclusive for the dev. team.

249 posts
347 battles
On 8/21/2018 at 1:43 PM, CaptAjax said:

I didn't say it was perfect lol

Well i guess you are right... Nothing is perfect

Edited by Shifty_Panzer

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

For wallpaper purpose, it is a good suggestion. But the reason there no free camera is because the port was built with the center position (ship) as focus. If your camera can fly everywhere, you'll see the port isn't that really good anymore, as it just stacked 3D asset to make it look good from the center point.

683 posts
7,367 battles

hey, good idea! a free cam in port, or even "sailor/tourist mode on ship" mode are great! 
kinda pity each time when they introduced new ports, the developers would happily asked players to admire the scenery ( a lot of efforts put in, big salute), but players aren't able to stroll around the port freely..

Sign in to follow this