Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Dude! I got a Zao!

16 comments in this topic

320 posts
4,672 battles

69 Ibuki games, 3 days. Stacked flags x camo, 7 days of free premium time from a supercontainer + summer vacation.

Honestly, I started to lose my concentration by the end of it, I would have preferred to take it more gradually but .. premium time is as premium time does.

Ibuki is a nice ship. Not the typical "terrible tier 9" at all. Now to go terrorize some T10 random battles in my new toy while the premium time means I don't lose money doing it ...

Screenshot (317).png

120 posts
22,882 battles

Ibuki isnt another terrible tier 9? That begs the question, what is a terrible tier 9 then? O.o Roon? Dm Donskoi? Seattle? Buffalo? Neptune? St Louis? O.O . Almost all of them are objectively better than ibuki.... -_-' 

320 posts
4,672 battles
On 8/18/2018 at 10:37 AM, icy_phoenix said:

You won't lose money if you do well. Played 14 tx battles this morning without prem time... Gained 3m credits.

Did you ever - you know - not come in the top 3? :dance_turtle:

I ask because a middling T10 game (win, middle of the leaderboard) would have lost me nearly 100k without premium ...

1,105 posts
On 18/8/2018 at 8:37 AM, icy_phoenix said:

You won't lose money if you do well. Played 14 tx battles this morning without prem time... Gained 3m credits.

play CV well 10x, -3m credit.

IS THAT FOR REAL? except you have perma camo i doubt it will happen. anyway T10 with perma camo and prem time can print monies.

anyone have salem fish? did it have -50% service cost without perma camo? what will happen if i got perma camo for salem?

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles
4 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Did you ever - you know - not come in the top 3? :dance_turtle:

I ask because a middling T10 game (win, middle of the leaderboard) would have lost me nearly 100k without premium ...

Yah, many times. I lost money even being top 1 too. By doing well I mean 2 things, dealing damage and tanking damage. If you do not take damage, you tend to lose more (although you actually deposit your repair bills before the battles). And you need to break certain amount of damage threshold to break even with the loss/gain. For example: CV-250k, BB-150k, CA-120k, DD-100k etc. These are rough estimation. But when you score similar damage, pay attention to economy tab after battle, and adjust your goal from there.

Since I don't have premium account, I bought a few T10 perma camo, they sort of turn your ship into a premium ship. Use credit flag and repair cost flag, and then you don't lose money as you used to. Many people still believes if you take damage you lose more credits, but the opposite is actually true. And it has nothing to do with position at the end of battle. Just this Morning had this game, nothing special for a Khabarovsk, and most certainly wasn't the top guy. Anyway, This is without premium or perma camo (dont have it for khaba yet). You lose more or less 200k by playing khaba, so it is still around 140k gain in credit. Granted you aren't going to see huge amount of credit income, but by reaching the damage threshold to break even, you can at least ensure that you don't lose any. As I said in earlier post, it took 15 games to gain mere 3M credits. 15 games in Missouri would be like 15M credits easily.

khaba.thumb.jpg.3c416dde9e6c4d3abb7a63068d074f68.jpg

1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

play CV well 10x, -3m credit.

Yes, CV economy is still fucked. But hey, CVs can easily farm damage consistently (if the player is competent).

Edited by icy_phoenix

320 posts
4,672 battles

@icy_phoenix Thanks for the explanation.

For T10 MM there is maybe ~600k hp total* on the enemy team up for grabs. So given break-even thresholds of CV-250k, BB-150k, CA-120k, DD-100k, the majority of players in any given T10 match must bleed credits. Look at it this way, if you do 170k in a Khaba, that only leaves ~40k for each the other 11 players on average even if everyone plays really well. Imagining the top three players do 150k+ each and the leftovers become even thinner still.

I'm surprised it is calculated by damage and not xp. Nothing for capping? Poor DDs.

re. CV economy: planes is expensive.

* edit: I guess maybe more factoring in heals, but the basic argument holds

Edited by Rina_Pon

354 posts
9,048 battles

I've noticed that credit income for a battle is not directly proportional to xp earned. The difference is not great, but I've observed when grinding credits in coop with my Missouri, that I'll sometimes get more credits for a lower base xp score than I got in a similar previous game. It would be interesting to know exactly what factors are used in determining both the xp and credits for a battle.

326 posts
10,532 battles

Playing high tier ships quite a punishment for those who wanna save their game credit, even u put permanent camo to ur ships.

For some reason, u get more credit if u contribute to team play (potential damage, capture & defend point, etc) & ribbons??, even u do less damage, rather just stay back and farm damage.  With exception Missouri, the rest of high tier ships are punishment to ur game credit, especially when u lose. (BTW grinding credit with Mighty Mo was pretty silly and satisfying, despite u farm low damage, no wonder WG take it off from the tech tree).

Here some example with my Fletcher & Gearing credit grinding.

Notes: Both of them using perma camo & I'm running with premium acc. No credit flags were use (I barely use it) and no credit reward were added when the mission complete, just captain exp reward were gain that time).

1/ This is when my Fletcher running on farm damage rather than contest cap.

shot-18_06.03_10_49.42-0677.thumb.jpg.d79b2f63d8020775cf26120106bc5757.jpg

2/ This is when I'm play with more contribution to my team & team play.

shot-18_07.29_07_56.51-0905.thumb.jpg.5bca1f52dc993c95221ee6b70a18e8fa.jpg

Even my Gearing with less damage still can gain nearly 560k credit, just with 52k damage, but with more contribution.

shot-18_05.13_09_11.15-0840.thumb.jpg.33c96fc50d54a48a0cd6dcd5537fd580.jpg

That's why I less care about farming damage in the game. As long I continued to make myself become useful and do my part, everything will be fine for me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

P/s: I still didn't know how WG implement  the scoreboard, credit & exp mech works on high tier game. There's a part when I'm top of leaderboard in high tier battle with just 33k dmg with my Akizuki, less contribution to my team & I'm still can't figure out how I got on the top. If anyone can point it out for me, I welcome it.

Spoiler

shot-18_04.18_18_37.53-0665.thumb.jpg.995131d8ae82fb5261b523ddedfc49cb.jpgshot-18_04.18_18_37.50-0578.thumb.jpg.398e52b4636c49aa59f0200a2c821b67.jpg

Edited by ArchKongou

1,105 posts
Just now, ArchKongou said:

P/s: I still didn't know how WG implement  the scoreboard, credit & exp mech works on high tier game. There's a part when I'm top of leaderboard in high tier battle with just 33k dmg with my Akizuki, less contribution to my team & I'm still can't figure out how I got on the top. If anyone can point it out for me, I welcome it.

Hide contents

i bet it was cap and spot. a single capture (not assist) can grant 500xp if you win. do it 2~3 will grant 1000+ XP. and look at spotting damage, 200K spotting damage can grant you moar credit.

there is a moment when i play shokaku, DEAL 10K damage.... yet still got 1000XP and 100K+credit..... when i see spotting damage it did 180K+ and 12 plane shotdown.... of course you need to win

but i wonder if tanking damage really give good XP and credit. i did 20K damage in Bismarck, get dreadnought and have 2.5m potential damage..... got minus credit and 700XP despite winning the battle. 

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

@ArchKongou Nah those looks normal to me with first win bonus for someone who runs prem account. Nothing to do with more or less teamplay.

Everything is calculated from inflicted damage (I think % based), either to ships, or planes, and how much you absorbed. If you have detailed xp and credit tabs, take a look, may be you finished some missions as well (as seen clearly in the screenshots). So, chunking a DD is a lot more profitable than slowly killing a BB with fire.

Also, 400k total credits with premium account doesn't always mean you did a lot either, cause the discrepancy is shameless between premium and non premium account, see for yourself: I could have "gained" 400k+ with premium account after all expenses, but I only got 180k.

shot-17_04.03_22_22.17-0236.thumb.jpg.2e5a41672180ed89ecda8080fb294a2a.jpg

@Rina_Pon, That is true. For some to gain something, some has to lose something as well. Universal rule. Id rather try to be with the gaining side, than losing one.

Edited by icy_phoenix

260 posts
4,654 battles
On 8/20/2018 at 11:54 AM, Skarhabek said:

anyone have salem fish? did it have -50% service cost without perma camo? what will happen if i got perma camo for salem?

from wiki: (http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Salem)

Camouflage

As a premium ship, Salem comes included with Type 20 camouflage that lowers her detection radius, reduces the accuracy of incoming shells, increases the credits she earns, lowers her servicing costs, and increases the amount of experience she earns.

If it is true, then you have 2 camo for your fish! Congrats!

Sign in to follow this