Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ellofiend

New laptop, game freezing for 1 or 2 seconds constantly!

4 comments in this topic

283 posts
3,712 battles

So, used to use a pretty dated laptop and recently got a new one, much better. Got World of Warships yesterday, pushed it to maximum settings got around 60fps.......until this evening. I played a game and left my laptop on sleep for about an hour while I had dinner, when I got back to it, it was acting up and might as well have been operating at 2 fps, exactly the same with the lowest settings. I rebooted the game and the issue persisted, with the login screen flickering as it loaded. I shut down and restarted the computer completely and opened the game, the issue would not leave and is still bugging me when I could be playing with a friend who just got the game. I don't know if this is due to an update or such but it is a persisting issue that I cannot find a way to fix if anyone has experienced this, is experiencing this or knows something about how to fix it, I would be grateful. Thankyou

Edit: Problem has resolved itself, don't know how. Answers are still appreciated especially if this can be useful for people experiencing this problem in future

Edited by ellofiend

1,080 posts
3,888 battles

Others will no doubt have better suggestions,but did you try opening task manager and see if anything else was running?Its weird the problem survived a reboot initially though.

283 posts
3,712 battles

Yeah, task manager showed everything else running smoothly with WoWs being the primary CPU user but no-where near problematic levels. Load times were fine and there was no glitching or anything of the like with the exception of the game. The problem has not returned so hopefully, it was just an odd bug in the system.

Video Contributor
2,282 posts
10,914 battles

Maybe RAM usage up to 70% of its without do anything

Your first problem you opened long time and RAM was used while you slept (better thing shut down and open it when you want to play)

second your problem maybe from directed window 10 (im not sure it happened to me too but now not anymore) it maybe a bug from RAM usage

Sign in to follow this