Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PanJin21

CPUs are too dumb

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
3 posts
220 battles

The CPU bots are way too dumb and caused me many deaths because of a few missed torpedos, it's really irritating that they do not take an effort to dodge them.

Edited by PanJin21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,486 posts

@PanJin21

The only way I can think of, is that you have been shooting your fleets ships, that are sailing near you, so you have accumulated Team Killing (TK) points, & you have turned pink, & so any further damage you do to team mates gets reflected back on you, & if you sink a team mate, you end up sinking yourself.

You need to shoot at the ships on the opposite side of the map, with a red icon above them, they are your enemies, not the ships near you that are green....

The little map on your bottom right in game is the minimap, it shows you where you are & your team mates, & also where the red enemy ships are when they come into visible range...  

(Long ago I have seen a DD torp itself while trying to TK a battleship, but that was ages ago, & I don't think V25 is fast enough to do that anyway)

To get closer to enemies you have to sail towards them..

 

Good luck

Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
20 minutes ago, PanJin21 said:

 it's really irritating that they do not take an effort to dodge them.

 

I hate it when the islands can't be bothered to get out of my way.

Such lazyness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
3 posts
220 battles
12 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

@PanJin21

The only way I can think of, is that you have been shooting your fleets ships, that are sailing near you, so you have accumulated Team Killing (TK) points, & you have turned pink, & so any further damage you do to team mates gets reflected back on you, & if you sink a team mate, you end up sinking yourself.

You need to shoot at the ships on the opposite side of the map, with a red icon above them, they are your enemies, not the ships near you that are green....

The little map on your bottom right in game is the minimap, it shows you where you are & your team mates, & also where the red enemy ships are when they come into visible range...  

(Long ago I have seen a DD torp itself while trying to TK a battleship, but that was ages ago, & I don't think V25 is fast enough to do that anyway)

To get closer to enemies you have to sail towards them..

 

Good luck

Ordrazz

I actually have alot of experience in this game, and the team damage appens long after I fired those torpedos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,221 posts
13,691 battles
1 minute ago, PanJin21 said:

I actually have alot of experience in this game, and the team damage appens long after I fired those torpedos.

Ah, one of those. Funny how it doesn't happen to other players then isn't it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
3 posts
220 battles
6 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Ah, one of those. Funny how it doesn't happen to other players then isn't it.

Hmm maybe im just those players that that has bad luck when CPUs are around. Just played another battle in my V-25, destroyed six ships by myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles

OP.  Every few weeks someone comes in here and tells the same story about how they torped a player/bot and its not their fault because the other player should have moved blah blah blah.  The overwhelming majority of players who respond will tell you that you are responsible for your own ordinance once you fire it and should make sure there are no friendlies in the area when you let your torps loose.  The important thing is you learn from it and move on.   Be judicious with your torpedoes and only fire when you are sure you wont hit a team mate.

 

2 hours ago, PanJin21 said:

I actually have alot of experience in this game, and the team damage appens long after I fired those torpedos.

Um.  no you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
245 posts
5,809 battles
4 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

 

I hate it when the islands can't be bothered to get out of my way.

Such lazyness.

I wish my Yamato had a Wave Motion Gun. The I could get EVERYTHING out of my way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

Next 200 patches:

"now AP can destroy island, and HE can burn villages in the map, torps can evade lands and CV airstrikes can attack your port"

"added landing mode, you can raid village for extra consumables"

Date: 31/08/2038

Happy now? Mr Grumpy innocent player.

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
245 posts
5,809 battles
27 minutes ago, spixys said:

Next 200 patches:

"now AP can destroy island, and HE can burn villages in the map, torps can evade lands and CV airstrikes can attack your port"

"added landing mode, you can raid village for extra consumables"

Date: 31/08/2038

Happy now? Mr Grumpy innocent player.

Also, planes are jets with air to surface missiles, and the game is dominated by CV with said fighters, and DDs with ship to ship missiles capable of deleting a T10 B.B. from across the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts
6 hours ago, PanJin21 said:

The CPU bots are way too dumb and caused me many deaths because of a few missed torpedos, it's really irritating that they do not take an effort to dodge them.

tenor.gif?itemid=5625279

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
5 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Here we go again..

For the 34622578th time...

 

This is what the forums are for nowadays.

Whine and argue with 'players' that don't really care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles
42 minutes ago, spixys said:

This is what the forums are for nowadays.

Whine and argue with 'players' that don't really car

 

Always - Imgur.gif

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
30 posts
1,080 battles
於 2018/8/17 在 PM10點08分,spixys 說:

Next 200 patches:

"now AP can destroy island, and HE can burn villages in the map, torps can evade lands and CV airstrikes can attack your port"

"added landing mode, you can raid village for extra consumables"

Date: 31/08/2038

Happy now? Mr Grumpy innocent player.

IF WG does this 

they're killing the server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
156 posts
4,055 battles
On 8/17/2018 at 2:31 PM, PanJin21 said:

it's really irritating that they do not take an effort to dodge them

Most enemy ships do not make any effort to dodge torps, and you expect friendlies to make effort to dodge torps? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,486 posts
On 17/08/2018 at 7:01 PM, PanJin21 said:

The CPU bots are way too dumb and caused me many deaths because of a few missed torpedos, it's really irritating that they do not take an effort to dodge them.

You will notice when you start playing random games, that if you fire torpedoes anywhere near friendlies, they will more than likely DELIBERATELY sail into them, just to teach you a lesson about shooting when someone is in your direction of fire, the moral of the story is to not fire them when a nearby friendly ship could possibly run into them.

so take heed young padawan, & learn you can, the force is powerful yes, but misuse it, & pink you will become. 

:cap_hmm:

Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×